Flavorah v.s. IDE flavoring ~ Cost difference?

These two vendors has turned a few heads here lately. I thought this might be an interesting post.

2 Likes

Well thats interesting.

1 Like

Can you TL;DR it for me? I can’t access VU :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

ppl say that IDE is rebottled in a house somewhere and flavorah gets flavoring from Mother Murphy’s in Greensboro, NC. They are all the same flavoring. At least thats the theory.

1 Like

I have a lot of both and Flavorah is more concentrated, thus the higher price.

I’m pretty sure they are not the same line. I have reviewed some of the Ide flavors and I am certain they were not the line. But they both may come from MM. In a email from Ides owner he stated they create they’re own. I have no way to verify that though. He’s on this forum, why don’t you ask him.

1 Like

Flavorah does get their stuff from Mother Murphy’s - that’s not exactly a secret :smile:

2 Likes

It was also implied that if they are rebottled are they done in a lab/clean room. That IDE has a residential address that someone looked up and it’s a house…I just got those IDE flavors and I really love the Apple Pie and I was very happy as to the level of customer service Ismail gives at IDE. I have no complaints but it is an interesting question. If I walked into a B&M and they were mixing willienillie right there behind the counter, well I wouldn’t buy house juice.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with doing anything in a house as long as proper standards are adhered to. I know women that have special permits granted through the local county office for reselling their baked goods at farmers markets. County inspectors actually come into their homes and inspect their working areas and habits.

This is an area where government regulation would be a positive thing!

2 Likes

I need to revive this thread for a minute. I’m trying to order Caramel (Natural) from IDE as a guest and it won’t let me. I want to see if I like the product enough to register as a regular customer. This flavor got rave reviews from Smokey Blue and I wanted to try it. I don’t like being forced into registering. Is the Flavorah Caramel comparable to IDE per your article above?

1 Like

Basically, IDE no longer exists (to home DIY customers) unless you are going to place a commercial sized order.

4 Likes

Muth, you will not be able to make a purchase, either as guest or as a registered user.
Sorry. He has shut his doors to small orders as I posted months ago.
@Sprkslfly is correct.

You should be able to pick up Flavorah’s caramel with no issues from most anywhere.

3 Likes

Thank you both, Smokey and @Sprkslfly . I’m not always vigilant about keeping up with all the threads. Smokey, it was your review on IDE that blew me away. Are you intimating that Flavorah could be my best bet as an IDE replacement?

2 Likes

It is… try it from .4% up to 3% (FLV) my limit with caramel and butterscotch (even the smoked) is around 1.2% but knowing both FLV and Ides… you can take it up higher. I am a light weight mixer, and can taste even 3 drops of caramel in 10ml… you might vary. It is the best caramel you can purchase anywhere. IMO… It’s one of the reasons I really stick with just FLV. :slight_smile:

3 Likes