Flavorings you should been aware about

Cheers. :ok_hand::+1::v:ļø

1 Like

What flavor characteristic does diacetyl have? Does it mimic the creaminess of some creamy flavors?

1 Like

ā€œIntensely buttery flavorā€ is how itā€™s described :smile:

1 Like

Oh, ok. I can see some applications then for it then where there would be no good substitute.

1 Like

@ringling

Thanks for pointing this out. I can see Diacetyl because of the direct connection with inhalation from popcorn and the problems it has created for those individuals but more for the media attention it has received.

My concern is the tendency to read an MSDS meant for a technician who is working with the pure flavoring and transposing that to a final e-Liquid. The truth is, this is still a very young market and we simply wonā€™t know anything until some years go by. We are all going on the assumption that the thousands of chemicals in cigarettes and their carcinogens are far worse than the diluted chemical flavorings we have in e-Liquid and by comparison we should be correct that vaping is a healthier choice.

That being said, this is a slippery topic. Remember that even if you have acetoin or acetyl acetyl propionyl in your flavorings they are diluted and not in the full-strength form of the MSDS. Further, assuming you are vaping only 6mg/ml and your flavor has .3mg/ml Acetoin; you are vaping 20 TIMES more NICOTINE than Acetoin and NICOTINE has an Inhalation warning as well.

Iā€™m all for subjective comparative analysis, but letā€™s not forget to compare an apple to an apple. If we continue with all the ā€œI found this or that in an MSDSā€ then pretty soon you wonā€™t have any flavoringā€¦ or Nicotine for that matter if we are only basing on warnings.

Great point Ringling!

3 Likes

I feel the same. Iā€™m sure there is some merit to the popcorn lung thing but not when its the amounts that we vape. Another attempt to shed a dark light on vaping. When itā€™s your time itā€™s just your time, there are no extensions. So you may as well enjoy the ride.

3 Likes

If anyone is so concerned about 100% healthy vaping, perhaps they shouldnā€™t vape at all. If I get a sore throat I gargle some salt water and itā€™s gone within the hour. Because the media is trying to cut down vaping, it is making us examine too much. Donā€™t examine itā€¦ Itā€™s only minute amounts and doesnā€™t even compare to cigarettes. I think I am doing something really good. I gave up cigarettes and I still have my nicotine, so iā€™m very happy. Itā€™s wonderful! Iā€™m going to get a bumper sticker that says ā€œVaping saved my life. I love it and itā€™s very safeā€. As for haters, Iā€™m sorry you canā€™t enjoy yourself. But, please donā€™t ruin it for me. After all, you drive your car, burn your garbage and enjoy all the chemicals you wantā€¦and I donā€™t try to take any of it away from you. America stands for freedom of choice. Iā€™m not going to examine myself just because there are people out there trying to persecute me. Someone said to me ā€œoh, no there are bad chemicals in the flavoringsā€. I say oh, no, did someone tell you that?" They will be saying eggs are bad for you next week. Well, I hope I havenā€™t wasted you all time with my ramblings. Oh my goodness this TPA orange cream with ice cream flavor is sooo good today. Iā€™m adding it to my ā€˜favoritesā€™ list. Big Hug & XO. You all have a wonderful day and fun Memorial Day.

8 Likes

Now revisiting this thread after quite some time I still have to say Iā€™m not very worried about the flavoring. Honestly I worry more about the dry hits of god know what from the coil wicking material and the metals they are using in the coils. Am I the only one that tastes metal nearly every morning after my vape sits idle as I sleep? I have also wondered if I was inhaling fumes from the battery from one unitā€¦

1 Like

What do you think about the titanium wire trending topic?

Was a little surprised to hear it is working with the temp control units. Sounds interesting for building your own coils but not seeing anything about it being used for the manufacturing of tank coils. Donā€™t know what is making this metal taste in my vapes every morning but I totally disliking it and wish something was being done about itā€¦

1 Like

Does it take long for taste to subside?

Not too long, a minute or so I suppose. Never timed it. Probably the time to burn the juice within the coil. This does not happen on just one unit. Iā€™m seeing this with my Aspire units and Kanger. Battery should not be a issue since I use different mods as well.

Is it happening on different wire types too?

Being I donā€™t know the wire being used in their coils, no idea?

Iā€™m clueless too. I was looking for a common denominator.
Lately Iā€™ve using titanium for itā€™s pure non-metalic taste. Some people are paranoid about using itā€¦ but I been dealing with it for over 30 yrs.

Itā€™s odd that I stumbled across this tonight Bc I was just thinking I wished there was a list of warning flavors. Thanks !

And yes this is a very touchy subject but really at the end of the day 99% were smokers soo we mostly would like to be healthier in any way. To each their own :star2:

1 Like

Something like [this][1]?
[1]: :: Flavor warning list e-Liquid Calculator

3 Likes

I think she meant more like a warning list of flavors not worth buying :smile: I might be mistaken though!

1 Like

Well, either way. Lol. I think we are kinda working on a best of/worst of thread at the moment. Weā€™ll see how it goes. :wink:

3 Likes

Yes JoJo I seen Daath had that link further up and I bookmarked. Previously Iā€™d be making my recipe and when I was done Iā€™d see the warning symbols at least this way when I do reorder I will do my best to choose the best choice for me that has none of these additives.

2 Likes