Flavormonks - Tasting Notes

Updated…

1 Like

What PG/VG percentage are you mixing these flavors at?

2 Likes

I mostly aim for 70/30 in my recipes but I’m usually dripping so I don’t really care about it that much. I’m just precise with the weight of my flavors, then nic & PG and I just top up the bottles with VG without weighing.

2 Likes

So you are mixing at 70PG/30VG ?

2 Likes

No, 70VG 30PG

2 Likes

…and this why I only post vg these days. Eliminates the confusion entirely.

4 Likes

Updated
10 char

2 Likes

First and foremost, welcome back from the butts. I was a slave for over 40+ years so we all know the difficulty. Finding the right juice and equipment for one’s personal needs is the biggest battle. My background picture is my journey into vaping.
Secondly, thank you ever so much for your personal opinion on the Flavormonks mixes. This at least gives me some idea of their products. I can get them here in Canada but have not seen much of the name here on the site. Again, thank you for the work and I hope you find the right stuff for you.
Peace out .

5 Likes

Updated and started the final 17 flavors. These will be added the comming weeks

2 Likes

Done testing and updated.

Final thoughts:
The way I tested these flavors is not the best nor the most elaborate. My goal was to get a general idea what Flavormonks is about. Some of these concentrates I might buy again. The best IMHO were: raspberry, tropical, strawberry, blackberry, cherry, coconut, blueberry, lime, orange, pistachio, peach, marzipan, lemon, honey, mint, speculaas, praline, cream, cinnamon, mocha and biscuit. Some of these were even overflavored and need maybe half or less than what I used. Guidelines from Flavormonks were to use them at 10% and so I did. The complete ‘sweet betsy’ line was a nightmare. Turns out they use sucralose as the ‘sweet’ element and I can’t stand the offnotes it brings with it, but hey to each their own…
Where Flavormoks shines imho is that all their flavors are the real deal. Negatives are : high %'s needed and only a few I would recommend.
There are not a lot of notes to be found here on ELR about them, so if someone want’s to give them a go please do.
After this, a little less noob, out.

5 Likes

Nicotine River has this line in stock now if you haven’t heard. Looks like there are a few gems in there especially blackberry which might be the best out there along with SC/FE, Orange that’s unqiue , and Raspberry that seems a bit different than your typical raspberry. FW Razzelberry meets INW Malina. I’m going to pick those 3 up as I need PG/VG anyways.

Typical POG mixes that are out there the Orange is the weak spot out of all of them with so many different flavors that are radically different and it seems like this would fit in there better than most, although I haven’t seen many with FA Royal Orange which I was going to pick up but I’ll get this instead.

Everybody knows about blackberry and how nobody can get it right. This fits the bill and will work well with other dark berries and especially help out with grapes which all of them need help and this could be the answer.

Raspberry, I have a million of them so I might as well collect them all. Although this appeals to me for trying to work it into a blue raspberry mix instead of your Malina/Shisha raz combo, FW razzelberry, MF Wild Raspberry, but could also give something that is a blend like Forest Fruit that needs more raspberry or ramp up a candy profile with a raspberry which is pretty rare.

You could spin that Raspberry into a candy type of drink I’m thinking too in many directions as mint, white choclote would sit well underneath for example instead of being equals as we all know you can only push INW Malina so far until your headed straigiht to hell.

2 Likes

I’m interested to get other mixers opinions on this brand as not much info can be found. You picked 3 great flavors from them that have a strong flavor. For what I have tasted so far the blackberry and the orange stood out by miles compared to other flavor companies.

3 Likes

First of all, thanks for all the hard work you put into testing and sharing. And secondly, thanks for directing me here from the other thread.

On the NR website it suggests 2-3% starting point for these flavors so that’s where I’m beginning. I hate testing like nothing else, but the aroma from these flavors has intrigued me, so doing them regardless.

So far I’ve only mixed testers of Watermelon and Sweet Betsy Peach. Both at 3%.

They were both mixed last night. I find the watermelon quite enjoyable, although it tastes a bit weak at 3%. The Peach - that sweetness seems stronger than the flavor at 3% but will give it a couple weeks or so to see if that changes at all. If not, I can only think it would be a supporting flavor only. But won’t say more about that till time has passed.

I got a total 6 flavors from this line and will mix the remaining 4 testers this weekend. I’ll offer my findings once they’ve all been put through the wringer.

5 Likes

Thank you @SthrnMixer, I only bought 1 ml testers due to limited budget. Some of their flavors might work at lower %'s but most of them seem to lack a bit in flavor even at 10%. As I only had small amounts to work with , the only thing I can do to test further is diluting the ones I made. Most of their fruit flavors are very accurate to the real stuff so I’m not yet giving up on this company. Blackberry, Orange, Lemon, Raspberry and Peach are better then any other company I tried (TPA and CAP). I’m curious to your findings.

4 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/wiki/index/flavor_reviews#wiki_fm_-_flavour_monks

Then the notes here… I’m not about to get a Dutch to English translation tool out to decipher what they say on all the main sites etc… The only thing that really doesn’t line up was the Green Apple but other than that they pretty much had the same opinion. I’m a fruit guy anyways and those 3 flavors line up for me unlike the other stuff they have which is basically half of their line but they add sweetener.

Blackberry hasn’t been done proper yet as I’m aware, maybe MF but not 100% sure, the rest are horrid. The Orange is perfect because instread of getting more FA’s million different Oranges to maybe a Vape Train one, this seems like a winner and under the radar. Just like SC/FE Mango & Grape from bullcity or ecigexpress under the same name. Taking a flyer on the Raspberry but I did hear some good stuff about it today actually so I’ll get them and it helps that they don’t have all the flavors either but it seems like they might have just picked the best like a lot of places do with INW.

BTW: Orange is one of their 100% naturally produced flavors. Others include lemon,lime and gin flavors.

2 Likes

If you’re comparing those flavors with exclusively TPA & CAP only, then that is not a fair fight at all. Blackberry is such an odd flavor that for some reason companies can’t do at all, Orange is all over the place and I guess it depends on what you’re looking for but FA is where you want to go for Oranges. For Lemon, Flavor Express is the best, but then there are situational lemons like VTA Sour Lemon to CAP Juicy Lemon etc etc… Raspberry is another cluster F. We have INW Malina, Shisha Raspberry, FA Raspberry, then a underrated FW Razzelberry along with WF Wild Raspberry.

It’s a pain to mix with them and you have to combo them except for WF and FW, and I think FA’s is a overrated but then people also have issues with INW’s Malina at .25% or higher, so I’m looking forward to this and get to work on WF Boysenberry-Raspberry.

I don’t do peaches after TPA’s Juicy Peach throat hit from hell scared me to death years ago and I don’t think I bought one since then.

3 Likes

Clearly you need to try Medicine Flower Lemon. And perhaps Real Flavors. But seriously, Medicine Flower.

4 Likes

I have a lot of experience with Flavor Monks…Their website specifically lists 10% starting point, which I find accurate… I was surprised to see Nic River put 3% on their website…Also their price structure does not make sense, given what Flavor Monks charges for their flavors direct, despite the probability that Nic River is getting discounted pricing as a distributor. I ordered directly from Belgium and like many of their flavors…Cuberdon is a particularly unique and tasty raspberry candy…My favorite of their line…9 day steep recommendation is spot on, but the custards do need more time…G’s Custard is a tasty vape, and certainly surpasses Capellas…

2 Likes

Yeah, I saw that once I looked into it a bit more. Not a whole lot of info but it’s wild from one flavors way too strong at 10% where others are weak. I’m not messing with vanillas, drinks, or combo flavors at all, which I wouldn’t use anyways but get 3 highly regarded fruit flavors that won’t be a primary either and will all be an accent so I don’t have to push it that high.

EU/Asia vape differently than NA does but now things are coming together. I need to pick up a good Orange and besides the 10 I don’t have FA Royal was probably the one, but Orange from what I read will go good in a Pog or if you want a realistic Orange which is rare.

I don’t have it but SC/FE (same company) is supposed to have a decent blackberry which would be the first in Man kind, however this looks pretty good and could be top of the food chain. Rapsberry, which another person commented that you don’t push it high is a strong ass flavor but candy too, not like FW razzle but a void that is missing which I need.

I’ll give it a shot because I got NR, PUR flavors and it might be another few years since I go to NR. Jus like vaperstek.org when I picked up some nic yesterday I got German Flavors Vanilla Pudding which underground and over there has massive hype, and blows away FLV by a mile.

$5 but everytime I pick up Nic from there I used to get a MB flavor or a rare INW over the years but now days everybody is catching up and next thing you know most places will be like chefsflavours.co.uk

1 Like

That makes my decision pretty easy. If I want to buy flavored PG I know where to go. That sounds smartass I know, but I have a real problem with companies who dilute the hell out of flavor and end up selling you flavored diluents. That’s why I have very, very few TPA flavors I keep in stock. And zero Amoretti ones. I refuse to pay a premium for what is mostly PG or VG. Of course if you remember my posts from the past, I’ve made that pretty clear (and enemies in the process) with one company in particular :wink:

3 Likes