Flavour Art Tasting Notes

Alright you Flavor Art nuts. Sorry to necro a (sort of) old thread here, but I had a couple FA questions before I click Submit Order. Are there any flavors in particular that FA makes that you think are BAD? And are there any flavors that FA makes that another company makes “much better?” Like, “FA’s caramel is good, but FW is much more (insert adjective).” TIA!

1 Like

I’ve not tried them all.

Black Pearl is …meh.
I hear Summer Clouds is not very good.
I don’t like Cowboy.

You can’t beat Vanilla Custard (Cap) - diketones! :wink: FA’s custard is citrussy. It’s still good. It’s just different.

1 Like

Tis the thread for Flavourarts stuff. I’ve been negligent in reviewing latest flavors, but eventually I’ll get to it. The only flavor so far that I’d say, make it the last flavor you buy unless you want to use it for cooking purposes, would be Black Fire. I’ll probably use it the next time I cook some meat of some kind and want a smoky back flavor, like it’s been cooked over a wood fire…but, I won’t be putting it in my vape juices. The Cigar Passion is, well, passionless. The Custard is great, for those that like a lot of lemon zest in their custard; me, not so much. I like TPA’s vanilla custard soooo much better. I’m a hold out for that diketone laced liquid. All the other flavors in my first post are great! I’m totally in love with their Fig and Honey. I just read a bazillion reviews on the flavors I think I would like and for those I can’t find reviews on, well, I just buy it, take a chance and roll the dice.

If you like a lemon sweet cake flavor, the Pandoro is great. I know I said I’m not much of a lemon person, but I did use Pandoro with some Cap Gingerbread and it was really good. I’ll be using it with Cap Eggnog next…yummy!

Oops…meant to hit regular reply and not just reply to Lars. This was the post. Sorry!

I figured pretty much all of them are going to be vapable. ECX had a few reviews and most of the negative ones were from people who mixed at like 25% and were like “OMG I can’t taste anything” or “EW this tastes like perfume.”

I’ll probably try all the vanilla custards and wind up in Team Cap V1 or V2 as much as they are raved about. :stuck_out_tongue:

Now to narrow the 80 item wish list down to a more doable number…so many great ideas and things I want to try.

Thanks again! I think I am finally sorted.

If it’s of any interest, I made a flavor break-down of HIC’s recipes :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Actually, yeah that is awesome! Some surprising flavors at the top of the list…and some not so surprising. Guess I need some vienna cream. And all the other creams too. :stuck_out_tongue: Thank you! I’m going to bookmark that.

I need some feedback from fellow flavourarts users. I’ve used some of the listed Flavors from other vendors; some are great and others not so much. How do you feel about:

Caramel
Chocolate
Cocoa
Pomegranate
Licorice
Coffee espresso

I’m in the works of a shopping list and just need to know if I should stay away from a certain flavor. Thanks!

All of them are good. The licorice also good, but a little weak - If you want a strong black licorice, try Licorice Plus :smile:

Cocoa can’t do high temperatures and will gunk up your coil. I like to use chocolate and cocoa together…

1 Like

I’ve not seen the “plus” version of licorice on any of the sites from which I purchase (yet). I did see this though:

http://www.bullcityvapor.com/black-touch-fa/

Wonder if it is the same thing or something altogether new?

Licorice Plus is indeed the same thing as Black Touch. Did some digging and there it was…“Look Further”; I should have a tattoo put on my right forearm saying that.

1 Like

Just got some new FA flavors in the post from the latest holiday sale. Two of these new flavors are FA’s spin on some new tobacco types; have mercy they’re good.

First up: Glory

Oh my goodness this flavor is tight, tight, tight! I was a premade juice lover 100% of the time in the past; DK 555 and the likes were among my favorites. This one knocks it out of the ballpark, in only the way FA can. Stand alone; this flavor needs nothing else in the bottle to muddy the works. Now, very elequently, HIC put a review of this on VU. Here’s the link cause he says it all:

Tobacco lovers, put this flavor on your shopping list and order it soon. You won’t regret it. @Alisa, your Bust a Nut needs this flavor, if you or anyone wants a super nice tobacco backnote to the mix.

Start 3% single flavor.

Next up: Storm

For those tobacco lovers that have utilized FA Desert Ship in their mixes, rejoice again that FA has created an exotic tobacco mix that’s out of this world. It’s much like the Desert Ship mixes you might have tried in the past, but this one takes a detour, no… carpet ride to the sublime. No spikey edges or harshness; it’s spiced, herbal aroma takes you to the casbah, complete with someone fanning you with a palm branch. Again, I found where HIC has discovered this flavor as well:

Really don’t think I’ll be ordering the FA Desert Ship any more, cause this has definitely taken the top spot for exotic tobaccos in my collection.

Start 3% single flavor.

4 Likes

I need to get some Glory. I used to LOVE DK 555. I would posit that FA does the best Tobacco flavors? I haven’t really delved into them much, but I’d like to. I just ordered 7 Leaves from FA and haven’t used it yet cuz its sitting at home in a box. :cry: Thanks for letting us know! I had no idea they had new ones.

1 Like

7 Leaves is one of my favorite ones - It has a licorice note, which I like a lot! Flavour Art really does amazing tobaccos!

3 Likes

It definitely sounded like something I’d like and be able to work with pretty easily. I figured it’d be a good tobacco starter. Who knows, I may love it and start coming up with some recipes to make you and @Jimk proud. :wink:

2 Likes

FA Glory … hmmm… gotta add to my shopping list now!

2 Likes

I can’t wait to try their new flavor: SoHo

This is a description from FA UK Flavour Arts ~

SoHo is the captivating new Tobacco-based flavour from FlavourArt Italy, created to impart an intense, dark, flavour sensation. Born to seduce those more accustomed to elegant Italian notes, SoHo offers a sumptuous, rich, and delicious experience. The name SoHo was inspired by the famous New York neighbourhood which is an epitomic union between modernity, History, and multiculturalism, with SoHo’s legendary cast-iron architecture mirroring FlavourArt’s strength and beauty. The complexity of the ingredients used to create SoHo influenced FlavourArt Italy’s decision to release it initially only as a uniquely flavoured base; however, such has been the demand that it is now available as a flavour concentrate in 10ml and 100ml bottles.
Please note that because of the complex formulation involved in the production of SoHo, the amount of flavouring required is more than the usual flavourings. We suggest using 20% SoHo flavouring when making up your liquid. To this effect, we have reduced the price of SoHo accordingly.

I’ve read a few things on other forums and folks seem to put it in the “got to have it” category.

3 Likes

FA Mangosteen:

This is a love it or hate it flavor. I wound up hating it. Reminiscent of Juicy fruit gum, but, there’s something about it which is off putting to me. Super potent is not the right word for this concentrate. I literally could not find a percentage in which it did not slap me in the face. Fruity, yes. Usable for me, no.

4 Likes

FA Oba Oba:

A super light, mellow, vanilla or cream soda, not overly sweet wafer candy flavor. The mouth feel is very nice; reminds me a bit of a marshmallow or whipped cream in my mouth. A slight honeysuckle and/or fruity flavor makes an appearance as well. This will blend nicely with tobaccos and fruit flavors.

Start 5% single flavor mix.

3 Likes

I so want some Oba Oba. I almost ordered it last time. That and the Liquid Amber sound like awesome tools to have in the DIY arsenal. :smile:

1 Like