Flavour Art

@JoJo @VapeyMama @Amy2 A quick question for three of the goddesses of ELR. Do you think amber would bring that sort of cooked flavor to a "rice crispy treat vape?

1 Like

Maybe, but I think itā€™d be better for a cooked fruit effect. Iā€™ve not tried it alone, but heard itā€™s like a fermented fruit. Iā€™d probably go with something like toasted marshmallow or toasted almond. Might be worth a shot though. Never know, maybe youā€™ll stumble onto something amazing! :wink:

But you donā€™t cook rice crispy bars :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You do when you melt the marshmallows and I do a little more than what the normal recipe is, mine are in a different world compared to regular rice crispy treats. :blush:

1 Like

I include a good helping of unmelted mini-marshmallows in mine!

Not crazy about nut flavors in vapes and it already has toasted marshmallow in it. At this point itā€™s a mind only recipe but quickly getting to the first batch, well as soon as I get some crisp rice flavoring and that wonā€™t be till after the 3rd. I hate getting paid once a month

Iā€™d go with just the toasted marshmallow at first. If you feel like it is still lacking that extra oomph you can try the amber. Kinda like small amounts of cactus or fuji make things juicy without flavor, I find a touch of toasted almond makes things toasty without much flavor. Another thing that might work is a tiny drop of AP or FA cookie. Looking forward to hearing how this one turns out! Sounds scrumptious. :smiley:

Well I have TFA and will be getting some FW this week. Donā€™t poo poo FW from what Iā€™ve read they have the best cereal flavors out. Iā€™ve have some Crispy Treats mixed right nowā€¦ itā€™s just a starting point

2% Bavarian Cream (TPA)
0.25% Golden Butter (CAP)
3% Marshmallow (CAP)
2% Meringue (FA)
6% Rice Crunchies (TPA)

Flavor total: 13.25%

for me meringue adds sweetness and texture. TPA RC needs at least 3 days steep time. Just say no to adding Amber.

1 Like

Iā€™m still head mixing this one, but Iā€™m looking for something to almost confuse the taste buds on exhale. Iā€™ve considered a tiny tiny bit of joy but donā€™t think that yeasty thing is what Iā€™m looking for.

1 Like

I have had very good experiences with liquid amber when used low. When I have used it high w/ fruits it brings out a very realistic boozy effect on the fruit and ferments it. I like Liquid Amber around 1-2 drops per 10 mls with any bready ( AP ) like flavoring. So whip it up and lets up know how it goes !
ADD the JOY I think it thrives with Liquid Amber !!!

I got a wicked crazy sweet Hawiian Bread off this so thatā€™s how it came to be named.

Hawaiian bread

Ingredient %
Biscuit (INAWERA) 1.26
CerƬse (Cherry) (FA) 1.5
Coconut (FA) 1.76
Joy (FA) 0.4
Liquid Amber (FA) 0.76
Pineapple (FA) 2
Pineapple Upside Down Cake (Real Flavors) 7

Flavor total: 14.67%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

the meringue sounds like it would be good in it. I need to find somebody that has a bottle of rice crunchies they want to trade for something else.

Yum. Hawaiian bread. I have that in the steep drawer now. Of course I was missing RF pinnapple upside down so I mixed nonna FA and some sweet pinnapple cap in there.

Fingers crossed, Iā€™ve been searching for a good recipie with cherry FA.

1 Like

Hope it turns out well for you ! FA Cherry is good and sweet. I like to combine it w/ Cherry Blossom TFA

Iā€™ve been toying with using a half percent split between the amber and the joy so probably .002 of the joy and .003 of the amber

1 Like

I have found that I like both of them low like that and the " extra " wow factor is increased since you donā€™t necessarily taste each of them individually when used this low just there accent ! Excited for ya :sunny:

Cherry and I have been fighting since October 2015. :thinking: If it doesnā€™t work we are going to get a divorce. Haha. Iā€™ve mixed with with it from 0.25 to 3% After this mix she may be the first flavoring I toss.

1 Like

It is notarious as a difficult to mix flavor. I think whatā€™s the hardest concept is we really want that juicy maraschino cherry and it never really comes through as that. Keep trying :wink: what worked best for me was to blend different cherries together.

It might be kinda weirdā€¦ You should try it!

You too, which cherry or cherries. Iā€™ve tried an idea I had with maraschino, one with TPA cherry extact and one with FW cherry crush(Ithink thatā€™s what itā€™s called) I used to have a full head of hair now I am bald, well not really I still have full head of hair but it has truly made me crazy.

Are you insinuating that I am weird?