Flavour Categories

Hi All,

Help please, I’ve a small stash but I know over time it’ll get a lot bigger and quickly. Due to my circumstances the way I have the stored I can not see the labels easily. I have bought some small coloured dots to stick on and I’ll write something like VBIC, SB, bluB, blaB, VC1, etc.

However the labels come in 5 colours, one being white SO I could expand that by writing with different colours but would prefer not to rely on that.

What I’d like from you guys is a recomendation on coming up with 5 Categories to group them in. I would think Fruits is 1. What would you guys create for only 5 categories.

TIA

1 Like

Sort by Vendor/color then make a Vendor sorted spreadsheet. Use only one letter for Vendor and then you can get two more digits on the tiny dot sticker

4 Likes

I was thinking for vendor I can just do like a tiny symbol. A circle for TFA, Asterisk for CAP, cross for FW, Triangle for, etc…

SO Colour will primarily be for flavour categories. There isn’t as many dots for Blue & white so they’ll be for smaller categories. I don’t do any tobaccos (well I don’t think I will) so won’t need a category for that.

This is what I have so far, what do you think

* Red
	* Fruits
* Yellow
	* Custards & Creams
* Green 
	* not sure
* Blue 
	* Nuts
* White
	* Enhancers/Sweeteners & Acids
1 Like

Fruity
Bakery (cookie FA and biscuit inw for example)
Odds (ylingylang FA oakwood FA)
Creams (fresh cream FA, Vienna cream FA)
Nuts (almond, pecan, peanut)

2 Likes

Yes Bakery! thanks.

Yep I’ll do Odds with a white dot and a red pen rather then black. That’ll do perfectly. Thanks Guys.

* Red
	* Fruits
* Yellow
	* Custards & Creams
* Green
	* Bakery
* Blue 
	* Nuts
* White (black type)
	* Enhancers/Sweeteners & Acids
* White (red type)
	* odds

1 Like

I find alphabetical on shelves is best way to start out or else mayhem may ensue as the stash grows. I keep a labeled bagged n tagged syringe hanging with a tac below said flavor, In order to avoid wasted time washing and sterilizing everytime before switching flavors. I got 100 1ml syringes for around 11$ on Aliexpress. An order i placed several times as my stash grew lol. I think maybe only @Amy2 has more flavors than i do. Many sleepers on here tho i suspect

1 Like

not a competition mixxy. Oh hell yeah it aint!!

1 Like

seriously, yeah shelves at the moment is not doable. So I have them all in a contaner so I can only see them top down.

When I mix I have a couple of flavour drippers but I have a jug of water I rinse out syringes to the best I can after each flavour swap. Minimise flavour swaps.

When the circumstances allow bulk pippettes/syringes here I come that’s a great idea I’ll probably make myself some flavour/racks with some sticks and a hammer. and some little drying syringe holders for each flavour. fancy! you’ve given me the seed of the idea…From what I’ve learnt so far flavour addiction will mean it will have to be modular. Got some cool ideas in my head and seen that thread with all the photos. That’s in the future god’s sake I still need to buy CAP NY cheesecake amongst other essentials.

1 Like

Lol many ways to skin a cat. Agreed. We all get a little Flavor Envy now and again tho. Hmmm.

1 Like

Lol many ways to skin a cat. Agreed. We all get a little Flavor Envy now
and again hmmm

Oops replied via email then directly on forum. D’oh. Always scroll down before commenting lol lesson learned. Earned myself a badge tho :grinning:

What Of those Gear heads, Coil Masters and Flavour hoarders, ooh I love the photos of it all. But stop it it makes me feel like even fell into a larger vortex then I first expected. N oreally don’t stop, I’ll just manage with those uncomfortable moments of like Yeah but I can’t afford it. Yes your right. I’ll order that next week because I can’t live without it. I really can’t. I think. Shit I’m older now imagine what my impulse control was like when I was younger, (mm I paid for that) Is there a lesson here. Nope can’t see one. As you were, hitting checkout.

1 Like

Was just. Thinking it would be cool to do some stats on stashes at the end of the year for active users if possible. Most flavours, average, most popular, etc. who’s the king/queen.

I know stashes aren’t accurate always but they should be close.

Sorry feel like a 15yo but that made me lol

2 Likes

Haha, brilliant. 1 in 5 chance. I actually lol’d not the other kind.

There’s a thread somewhere full with storage ideas with pics etc, I’ll try and find the link or you can do a search for storage?

I’ve seen it. Cheers mate, some great ideas

1 Like

Don’t know what sort of space you have at home. But the DVD wall shelf units are very good for storing concentrates. This is an old photo from when I set myself up a couple of years ago (need to get another shelf now) but it has served me well so far.

Desk holds all my base and nicotine in cool dark conditions and the concentrates are categorised in Fruits (3 compartments), Mints Nuts and Others, Tobacco’s, Blended and One Shot Concentrates, Creams, Vanillas, Chocolate and Caramels and finally Bakery and all stored out of direct sunlight.

I have my music and speakers set up there and happy as Larry to spend a few hours a week up there mixing away and not ending up leaving my mess all over the dining room or kitchen as I used too, Which used to annoy my wife, no end,

2 Likes

Here is the thread for storage if anyone wants to take a look:

Spice racks are a great way to store your flavour bottles, designed so you can see the labels (providing they are the right way round) you can get some that will go on the inside of a cupboard door which would keep them out of sunlight

Green could be bakery type items like cookie and cake flavors