Flavour Notes

we have all had these thoughts trust me , i still on occasion think of creating something like a flavor bible , that is why i am encouraging when i see this , i know i dont have the time , and with OCD it would never be complete but i support anyome who wants to tackle the idea

2 Likes

Are you kidding about the OCD, because I am totally obsessed by the idea of having a this kind of site.

1 Like

i truly am OCD have been but refuse medicine , as ive gotten older i control it better , when ibwas a kid in elementary my letters would have to be the same height and distance apart i knew them and could spell anything my teacher would yell at me and all kinds of crap , then a substitute teacher came in for a week and noticed the things i would do they were similar to what her husband would do she brought in a type writer i used it and aced every spelling test and it didnt take a year to write out one word she met with the principal the next day and let him know what she thought and from then on all was good and i slowly learned to control it but with new projects like A flavor bible that would be scary lol

2 Likes

The reason I ask is because I have been diagnosed with OCD, I get obsessed trying to find information amongst a number of other things. Once an idea occurs sometimes I cannot shake it and it becomes an obsession. For instance I started a Facebook group for posting recipes on a bit of a silly idea as there are plenty of established groups with well known mixers as admins, but I had to do it anyway even though I am a relatively inexperienced mixer. Now this.

@Alisa a is helping me out now but its the fact I had to start it regardless of how well equipped I was to tackle the task.

1 Like

i hear ya loud and clear, i told my little story bc most people use the OCD claim loosely which doesnt bother me , however when i mention it peope usuallybask if im serious or just saying it lol

1 Like

nothing wrong with doing what your doing , i truly feel this is the place everyone should be and the people like @Alisa who dont mind helping are amazing i love elr but i also think if someone can create someting that could be a useful tool is great good luck with whatever you may choose to do , have you started single flave testing your flaves ??? i never did and am getting around to it now it is time consuming and i start with the recommended single pcts i nust tried caps sugar cookie at the recommended pct and not much going on with the taste so im bumping up 3pct and keeping notes , im really kicking myself for not doing it as my flaves came in bc now i have to test almost 200 flaves i rhink this is a must to learn the strengths and weaknesses of each flavor

2 Likes

Precisely, then people think you rigorously clean things most folk don’t know there a numerous themes the condition can take. I never tell anyone and can hide it pretty well. This just seemed like a good opportunity to get it off my chest. Cheers.

2 Likes

Lmao that is the funniest misconception although i do like organization im not on my knees scrubbing all day that cracks me up have a good one and glad to have gotten to know ya a bit

1 Like

No I’m the same think I’ll make it a task for this week, before I put an order in.

1 Like

I think @Grubby was talking about something like this recently. Maybe you guys could get together and talk. I’m kinda with @Alisa, I just use the ELR database or my own notes, but I guess as long as it isn’t for profit and you give credit where credit is due, it’s fine by me. I’d suggest getting the “okay” from anyone and everyone whose notes you want to include before you you publish anything though. Just my 0.02.

6 Likes

Thanks @JoJo I would always ask for permission and credit the originator but folk are right the task would be a huge one maybe I should just make point of educating myself on the qualities the flavours I like the look of before purchasing add my own notes and come back to this in the future.

4 Likes

It would be. This thought has crossed my mind a couple times, too. I love stuff like this, but that’s one of those things that is even too big for me to wanna tackle. LOL.

3 Likes

I am glad I started the thread gave me a chance to get to know other members a bit more

3 Likes

There is one of these. I have read it it went through every tfa flavor at the very least it said what they went good with and if it over powers flavors it was very helpful let me figure out where I read it I know its someone from vaping underground that wrote it when I figure it out I will try and let you know

2 Likes

I saw you collated a lot of notes on another thread, I think it would need it’s own site with an index ext or it just becomes too overwhelming. To get it to work if it was a collaboration every entry would need to be checked by everyone involved to see if anyone disagreed with either the description % etc that in itself might prove to be a challenge.

2 Likes

That would be fantastic thank you

1 Like

You too I’m sure we’ll talk again. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

2 Likes

https://www.wikipedia.org/ may be a good foundation for this type site

edit: see also http://www.wikihow.com/Start-a-Wiki

3 Likes

I’ve been doing this with a desktop stand-alone wiki for awhile for my personal notes. It can get really confusing over time :scream:

2 Likes

I just have a couple simple excel spreadsheets, one for recipe labels and one to track my flavors (all 12).

3 Likes