šŸ’Æ Flavours Club!

To me, TPA strawberry and Inawera shisha strawberry are probably the best mixing strawberry flavors Iā€™ve used. Too much TPA strawberry ripe makes the finished liquid taste like fresh earth and FA juicy strawberry was a disappointment

6 Likes

Go light on the RIPE Strawberry for sure. Too much and it just goes to crap in a hand basket.

4 Likes

Could you post your strawberry mix for us?

4 Likes

Depends on the type of Strawberry:

Custards and Baked goods:
MF Strawberry 5 drops
TFA Ripe Strawberry 1%
TFA Strawberry 2%
INW Strawberry Shisha .5%
RF (SC) Strawberry 5%

Candies: (Mix with FW Hard Candy for that Jy Rer fix.)
RF (SC) Pink Candy 5%
TFA Strtawberry Ripe 1%
TFA Strawberry 1%
INW Shisha Strawberry .5% (Just an added boost)

Strawberry Stone: Good for all mixes: To me this is a very balanced strawberry and can be added to a lot of mixes. Enhancers need to be added to get the right strawberry for the mix. Example: MF Strawberry, RF(SC) Pink Candy

4 oz TFA Strawberry
2 oz TFA Ripe Strawberry
1 oz INW Shisha Strawberry
1 oz RF (SC) Strawberry
1 oz FW Strawberry
1 oz INW Strawberry

5 Likes

Excellent!

4 Likes

Another thought here: Add INW Cactus .5% for that wet juicy Strawberry. Completely forgot about that.

6 Likes

??

Actually I have every strawberry you mentioned. And I may have misunderstood what you meant in your reply to @Stankhammer.
I assumed you were referring to those specific strawberries to make up a stone of sorts. Hence my percentages question.

BTW, your description of the Medicine Flower was what I was hoping for when I bought mine. Sadly my experience wasnā€™t even close. I guess Iā€™ll just resign to the fact I truly cannot taste these strawberries.

4 Likes

I just posted about my stone usage. Take a gander at that. ā€œStones and my usageā€.

3 Likes

To some taste buds can be muted by some flavors if vaping them for a long time. Some things I do to combat that:

1. Vape something completely different. Gets the taste buds disorientated.
  2. Vape a Light Menthol Flavor. Kills a bunch of the previous flavors had in the olfactory senses.
  3. Try different combinations of mixes. I unfortunately do not know your flavor profile and can only guess.
4 Likes

Another thing I can safely say is that device, wicking, and wattage matter in flavor production. Certain devices perform better in flavor production than others. Take for example the two squonk devices that I own: The Pulse BF 80 W and the Recurve Mech. Same liquid goes in both and the same top goes on both, same build, same wicking, same everything except for the device. The Drop RDA (Which I am becoming a huge fan of right now.) goes on both devices for testing purposes. The mix Madd Monsoon, TFA Dragon Fruit/INW Dragon Fruit/FA Monsoon tastes differently on both devices. I pick up more of the Monsoon with the Recurve and more Dragonfruit on the BF 80W. So device does matter when tasting. To me there are no manufactured coil tanks which can provide the flavor that an RDA/RBA/RDTA can provide. If your wicks are wet enough the flavor on those should be there. Just my opinion.

4 Likes

Thanx for the explanations. It will be valuable to someone new reading this. But a device being a factor in flavor has me a little apprehensive. All things being equal, aside from the mod, what else is in the equation? The only thing I can think of is the way power is delivered to the coils from said devices.

Even still, I donā€™t think there is enough of a variation to adversely affect tasting strawberries. I use strawbs all the time in recipes, have comparison tested with and without, so I can at least discern that ā€˜somethingā€™ is there or not. But really, thatā€™s the extent of it. Not even close to ā€œjuicy red dripping over your chin as you bite in strawberry flavorā€. For that I am envious!! lol

5 Likes

It is hard for me to say. I just notice flavor differences in the mixes with different builds and devices. It is very faint, but do notice. The Recurve is a Mech so all power goes directly from battery to the device used. So knowing Ohms Law is key. Getting a lower ohm (SAFELY) to me produces better vapor, which in turn provides better flavor. (I know you know this, just trying to explain my point of view here.) If I get a good cloud chucker of a device I notice the flavor increase. Now if it is a good cloud chucker I have to go outside to vape it due to the lovely smoke alarms in my apartment. It is all in preference my friend.

4 Likes

I have to mix with red touch and shisha strawberry for a friend at higher percentages than usual before she finally tasted strawberry.

3% red touch and 2% shisha strawberry was what I used. Before this, I used 5% red touch and she could taste that, although ā€œa bit weakā€ , so IMHO red touch is the one she could taste.

I dont know, maybe this could work for you?

5 Likes

MF strawberry is one of their weaker flaves imo , it is one that Iā€™ve stopped replacing since there are so many other strawberries that compare or are betterā€¦ Have you tried backing up Strawberries with other red type berries like Raspberry or even RFSC yumberry ??? im sure you have but I had to ask

Sorry OP for continuing conversation , and congrats on the milestone ā€¦ I hope you picked your first 100 better than I did , my first 100 flaves at least half were garbage flaves I didnt research. I ordered based off what I "thought " looked good smh

3 Likes

Makes sense why it didnā€™t seem to be ā€˜all thatā€™. The only booster I use is TPA Dragonfruit due to itā€™s emulsifying properties although the Iā€™ve used a smidge of Raspberry occasionally.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve used a few different combos. Iā€™ll post one of my stones when Iā€™m back at my main PC.

4 Likes

Try a smidge, and I mean a smidge of INW Cactus.

4 Likes

Agreed @fidalgo_vapes

4 Likes

Try adding 0.25 to 0.50 percent TPA Sour to your Strawberry mixes. Seems to make the fruits more realistic and fresh fruit tasting.

5 Likes

Wow, @Skullblade789 That explanation of strawberry helps A TON. Iā€™ve been so bloody disappointed by all my strawberry mixes. I think Iā€™m one of those people who has trouble ā€˜tastingā€™ the strawberry. Iā€™ll definitely grab the INW Shisha Strawberry, SC Strawberry, and the MF Strawberryā€¦which honestly sounds EXACTLY what Iā€™m looking for in a straight strawberry mix, whole berry, green bits and all.

About 4-5 years ago, I got this premixed ā€˜Organic Strawberryā€™ flavor from a vendor I donā€™t even think exists anymore. It was a tiny bottle,designed to be added straight to nic base to mix up like 100 ml. That was THE BEST dang strawberry Iā€™ve ever hadā€¦ truly like biting into a ripe berry with the green aspects and all. Iā€™ve never been able to figure out what the hell they put in that flavor shot, and I truly think that thing has ruined me for all other berries. lol But i persist! And Iā€™ll try your stone recipe and your baked goods strawberry, fo shoā€™, as well as adding some INW Cactus for the ā€˜juiceā€™.

Iā€™ll also try @GPC2012 suggestion for adding a bit of sour.

@Stankhammer Congrats! lol Iā€™ve also just gone over the 100 flavors mark, though like @fidalgo_vapes mentioned, a number of those were noob ā€˜it sounds goodā€™ impulse purchases which will likely just waste away gathering dust. And its freaking scary, man. Iā€™ve got at least another 40 or so ā€˜must purchase asapā€™ flavors. My boyfriend vapes the same damn (horrid!) mix of way too strong CAP Peaches and Cream, constantly. He thinks Iā€™ve lost my bloody mind with all these flavors. :crazy_face:

5 Likes