FLAVRZ Flavors Reviewed by SessionDrummer -- TESTING NOW!

This was the oneshot I mixed too low at 11%. @Jetz suggested it should have been between 25 and 30 instead. Was a bit weak so added some CC2 to it to give it a boost.

5 Likes

Hehe @Jetz, I wanted to get the VIC done, then jump back TO the beloved Portello. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks to Darren (@Jetz), the A-portello / Portello mystery comes to an end …

4 Likes

Grew up with this stuff, it’s really nice. It’s “different” from regular soft drinks (soda?) like your Dr Pepper is different over there. Also used to drink a lot of sarsaparilla too.

7 Likes

Great news @Gazza7 !!!

5 Likes

Vanilla Ice Cream (FLAVRZ) 5% (5-20-23) – Can a Vanilla Ice Cream be clean and crisp ?? Yes it can, and this is one of them. C and C (crisp and clean) were the two main immediate take-aways on this one out of the gate. If there WAS egg in there, I didn’t get much, but more of a clean vanilla with a great creamery finish. Being DAAP free, I wasn’t expecting, nor did I get any heavy, rich buttery notes, but honestly, they weren’t missed. I’d rate the mouthfeel about a 7/10 on this one, and it was plenty strong at 5%, and was about mid level sweet. No off-notes, nothing out of place could be found. I’ve tested other VIC’s, some of which I compared to Chic Fila ice cream, and this one was similar to that, but not completely. The vanilla bean in here was very good, and paired almost perfectly with the cream/creameries. Clean finish, that lingered on the tongue, BUT, never overly heavy. For a “clean” VIC, this was one of the better ones, and being DAAP free, it tasted a lot richer than I expected. The final take-aways for this one were Clean, Crisp, Vanilla Bean, and Creameries. I couldn’t go lower than 9.5/10 on this one.

10 Likes

I basically test every flavour as if I was going to vape it solo and try and ascertain an opinion as to if I could vape it as a stand-alone and/or how it could work in a recipe and at what percentage.
In regards to 13% I’ve come to the conclusion that I seem to enjoy flavours more when mixed on the stronger side. Like most here I’ve SFT some that @SessionDrummer has reviewed but have tested some higher than him and enjoyed them.
I also took some guidance from your website as below.

From what I could tell the recommended percentage always appears to be between 7-15%.
Now I’ll be the first to admit this rationale has backfired on more than one occasion but ultimately the only true way for me to form my own personal opinion is to apply my rule of thumb and try them.
We all know taste is subjective and I enjoy the experimentation too.

8 Likes

Bugger!

Oh well, I’ll give it a whirl and if not it’s back to the drawing board.

5 Likes

No worries mate but bear in mind I’m not a machine like you and it’ll take me a while!
Neither can I express my opinions as well as you do but if you’re ok with this I’ll post my thoughts in this thread similarly to how I did for VT?
I’m sure I won’t be as controlled as you are in posting alphabetically either as I know I’ll want to test my perceived favourites first.

7 Likes

Hehe, I hear you @Gazza7. I thought I was full when Darren shipped me the FIRST 80 flavors !!!
It can be a struggle at times to keep, keeping on, especially when real life tries to get in the way. :slight_smile: I’m curious to hear what you think.

5 Likes

Mate, appreciate the time and effort in the flavour reviews, You just do you!

5 Likes

I was going to ask … WTH is that lol. But it what we call SOFT SERVE.

5 Likes

This is as a single flavouring as a recipe. Like Green Beacon use in the Sour Guava for example.
https://localdrinkscollective.com.au/products/green-beacon-hypersonic-cruiser-guava-sour-ale
Which they use at 1% for example for this application and if you where making a similar vape flavour then you would need to be using about 8%

5 Likes

You’re very welcome @Jetz, thanks a lot for the opportunity to DO so. :slight_smile:

Hehe, sorry about that, it’s a fast food chain over here. Their Ice Cream (in the Milkshakes), has a very clean, distinctive flavor.

6 Likes

Can someone help me to build an addition to my basement to store all this stuff?! Now I need vic, Vienna Cream, and many more just so I can sit and stare at them, doing nothing and be overwhelmed with options and driven crazy with recipe ideas running through my head at all times day and night! I think I may be haunted! :ghost: :crazy_face: :zombie:

5 Likes

Yes , Brenden went on a few YT shows and announced it when it happened .

3 Likes

:slight_smile:

Portello (FLAVRZ) 8% (5-20-23) – BACK to the P’s we go, with the Portello from Flavrz. Thankfully (as I’d never heard of it before), @Jetz was kind enough to drop some intel on the Portello. This one, WAS another interesting one. This one had a distinct berry mix/medley, BUT, they weren’t always completely identifiable. At times I did get some darker berries, and maybe even a hint of grape, but most of the time, it was just more of a mid to darker berry medley. Now the interesting thing was it tasted like it was riding on a soda carrier. Now it wasn’t billed as a “soda”, but it sure tasted like it had soda undertones. No fizz, no carbonation, but it tasted like MORE than just berries. At 8% it was actually very good, and there was nothing off-putting. At times I almost wondered if this was berries riding on top of some of FLAVRZ Creaming Soda. At about mid level sweetness, and having some nice tarty-ness on the finish, this one was good and unique. It wasn’t as sharp as a berry only flavor, and I kept trying to identify what it was paired with. A really hard one to fully identify, but I’ll leave it as a very good mid to mid-darker berry medley that tasted like it was riding on top of a creaming soda. Not straight berries, but in many ways, better. Solidly placing this one at 9.3/10.

9 Likes

If this vapes like it smells I’m sure it will be a winner.
Honestly I can’t get over the accuracy of the redskin one shot. Normally at work I go through half a pod but last 2 nights I’ve been going through 1 and a bit. :drooling_face:

7 Likes

@marsh8 did you pick up the Creaming Soda ?

5 Likes

Oh yeah I did, I nearly forgot it but remembered your 10/10. I have high hopes for this one too.

5 Likes