FLAVRZ Flavors Reviewed by SessionDrummer -- TESTING NOW!

This is as a single flavouring as a recipe. Like Green Beacon use in the Sour Guava for example.
https://localdrinkscollective.com.au/products/green-beacon-hypersonic-cruiser-guava-sour-ale
Which they use at 1% for example for this application and if you where making a similar vape flavour then you would need to be using about 8%

5 Likes

Youā€™re very welcome @Jetz, thanks a lot for the opportunity to DO so. :slight_smile:

Hehe, sorry about that, itā€™s a fast food chain over here. Their Ice Cream (in the Milkshakes), has a very clean, distinctive flavor.

6 Likes

Can someone help me to build an addition to my basement to store all this stuff?! Now I need vic, Vienna Cream, and many more just so I can sit and stare at them, doing nothing and be overwhelmed with options and driven crazy with recipe ideas running through my head at all times day and night! I think I may be haunted! :ghost: :crazy_face: :zombie:

5 Likes

Yes , Brenden went on a few YT shows and announced it when it happened .

3 Likes

:slight_smile:

Portello (FLAVRZ) 8% (5-20-23) ā€“ BACK to the Pā€™s we go, with the Portello from Flavrz. Thankfully (as Iā€™d never heard of it before), @Jetz was kind enough to drop some intel on the Portello. This one, WAS another interesting one. This one had a distinct berry mix/medley, BUT, they werenā€™t always completely identifiable. At times I did get some darker berries, and maybe even a hint of grape, but most of the time, it was just more of a mid to darker berry medley. Now the interesting thing was it tasted like it was riding on a soda carrier. Now it wasnā€™t billed as a ā€œsodaā€, but it sure tasted like it had soda undertones. No fizz, no carbonation, but it tasted like MORE than just berries. At 8% it was actually very good, and there was nothing off-putting. At times I almost wondered if this was berries riding on top of some of FLAVRZ Creaming Soda. At about mid level sweetness, and having some nice tarty-ness on the finish, this one was good and unique. It wasnā€™t as sharp as a berry only flavor, and I kept trying to identify what it was paired with. A really hard one to fully identify, but Iā€™ll leave it as a very good mid to mid-darker berry medley that tasted like it was riding on top of a creaming soda. Not straight berries, but in many ways, better. Solidly placing this one at 9.3/10.

9 Likes

If this vapes like it smells Iā€™m sure it will be a winner.
Honestly I canā€™t get over the accuracy of the redskin one shot. Normally at work I go through half a pod but last 2 nights Iā€™ve been going through 1 and a bit. :drooling_face:

7 Likes

@marsh8 did you pick up the Creaming Soda ?

5 Likes

Oh yeah I did, I nearly forgot it but remembered your 10/10. I have high hopes for this one too.

5 Likes

@marsh8 Iā€™d be curious if you get any of that from the Portello or not.

4 Likes

Plum (FLAVRZ) 8% (5-20-23) ā€“ Finishing out the Pā€™s with the Plum from FLAVRZ. I honestly didnā€™t get a ton of Plum FROM this one, but more of a grape-ish, with maybe a hint of Port Wine mixed in. I mean, it wasnā€™t a full on grape, but that was the closest comparison I could think of. Maybe some plum skin perhaps, but the full Plum never really revealed itself. The funny thing was, it WAS a good flavor, and had some darker purple undertones, some grape notes, and some almost grape/plum skin notes. Very interesting. Sweetness was below mid level, and there was a slightly sour, almost fermented undertone to it, which is why I think a grape-ish flavor is the best comparison. It was nicely purple and full at 8%, and there was nothing off-putting, JUST not putting out a lot of Plum for me. For a Plum, I will have to down-rate it a bit, but donā€™t let that scare you off, as for a almost grape (purple) flavor, with a hint of wine, it was actually very good. Trying to place it fairly purley for itā€™s namesake @ 5.0/10.

9 Likes

Hehe, try living THAT, AND, continuing to test, test, TEST !!!

I know the feeling @TimWV.

5 Likes

Rainbow Drops (FLAVRZ) 8% (5-21-23) ā€“ If youā€™re old enough, you remember the Original Skittles. You know, with the Lime instead of the newer version with Green Apple. Yes, thatā€™s RIGHT, they did the ā€œGreen Switch-a-rooā€ on ya. Needless to say, old OR new, this flavor, Rainbow Drops is about as SPOT ON for a Skittles flavors, that Iā€™ve ever tested. Sure sure, there are a lot of them out there, and many end up going down ā€œSweet Tartā€ road, but this one stayed very true and accurate for, Skittles. Much like just eating a handful of them, I couldnā€™t always pick out the individual flavors, except for sometimes getting the Grape, and maybe the Orange, and most times, it was just a handful of Skittles. It was about perfect at 8%, and did NOT leave you wanting, with the candied fruit medley youā€™ve probably grown up with, with just the right balance of fruit flavors, sweet, and tart. No sweet tarts here, just skittles. Sweetness was a few ticks above mid-level, which was expected, and was not cloyingly sweet. The slight citrus kick at the end, worked well to finish it off, and the entire front and middle of it was just (you guessed it), like hammering away a handful. Very authentic, and absolutely nothing out of place, missing, or askew here. If you love the Skittles, you WILL love this flavor, and if you donā€™t, well, hehe, move along, because that is what you get with this one. A few testers into it, it was still bright, and zingy with no muting, or fatigue. All in, if you love the Skittles, just get a bottle of this now. Easily a 9.9/10.

10 Likes

Very luckily for me Rainbow Drops was one I received as a freebie and I enjoy Skittles so from your great review it looks like Iā€™m in for a treat.
Thanks.

5 Likes

Iā€™ll let you know I mixed both at 8% before I left for work tonight.
I would expect them to be similar in some ways one being a berry/grape soft drink and the other being vanilla.

5 Likes

Big factor is because the are made clean.

3 Likes

Raspberry (FLAVRZ) 6% / 3% (5-21) ā€“ In case youā€™re wondering why I have 6%, then 3% for the testing weights, was because I initially started at 6%, and it felt and tasted a little TOO high, with some florals, and maybe some bending. The good news was, reducing in half to 3% things became MUCH more manageable. At the lower weight, things calmed RIGHT down, and I could better assess the Raspberry. It presented as a mostly natural RB, that covered almost the entire spectrum of a RB. Low, mid, and high notes, with no real emphasis on any one of the three. It tasted very red, with some darker hints swirling around, and I would compare this to a Malina from INW. Similar but different, but that will get you in the ballpark. Just below mid level sweet, and with a good helping of tart/sour which helped to liven it up, and help it pop more. Because of the lower than mid level sweetness, it was def. NOT a candied, or candy RB. Fresh, not overly juicy, but not dry, and with no florals, perfumes, or any off-notes at the lower testing weight. Probably the most consistent aspect to this one would be itā€™s ā€œcrispnessā€. A very crisp Raspberry, without being sharp, or harsh. All in, as long as you stay in the ā€œzoneā€ this one performed and tasted very good. No off-notes, but there was a very certain tart-ness that carried through from beginning to end, and I feel that really helped this one, and was not a negative. When finishing the 3rd tester, I had considered a possible red currant undertone in this one that I did not notice as the higher rate. I would strongly suggest starting to solo this one at 3%. It felt very crisply placed @ 9.0/10.

10 Likes

@SessionDrummer Have you tested the Wild West one shot, if so can you show me the link as I cannot find it in this thread. I am curios as to the percentage you would recommend. I have mixed it plain at 10% using the ELR calculator with my standard 70/30 VG/PG and 3mg Nic. Itā€™s very good but seems to fade some after a few tanks. Maybe I donā€™t know the proper way to mix a one shot, any advice would be appreciated.

3 Likes

Using Calculator just enter everything like you would a recipe , then in the flavor entry , enter the one shot name , pct and follow ratiosā€¦

6 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes thank you. Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been doing I was just wondering if the ratios were different for a one shot.

4 Likes

With any of our ONE SHOTS the MINIUMUM should be TOTAL FLAVOURING of 15% for a RTA, RDA set up.
For everything else MTL and DTL you should be running at least 15-25% depending on coils, ohms, wattage you are running, device and taste.
POD we recommend 60/40 or 50/50 and between 30-40% to get a commercial style juice.

10% flavouring is too low to run in most devices.

Called pump up the VOLUME :wink:

4 Likes