FLAVRZ Flavors Reviewed by SessionDrummer -- TESTING NOW!

Lemon Sponge (FLAVRZ) 8% (7-10-23) – Back into it, with this, the Lemon Sponge (cake). I did want to get into this one, as it smelled hella-licious in the bottle. Testing it, continued that trend, and I was greeted by a pretty accurate Lemon Cake. Now, missing was some or most of the almost baking powder-ish undertones that I often associate with a “sponge” cake. Needless to say, even devoid of those, the yellow-ish cake notes were spot on, and accurate. It was baked, but no brown, or burnt edge notes, and it didn’t feel lacking because of that. The lemon was still tarty and punched through the cake with no issues, which isn’t always easy to do, especially when pairing it with cakes/bakeries. It presented as a natual/artificlal mix, of maybe a 70% natural / 30% artificial ratio. Tarty, with some sweetness, and a touch of sour (tart). As a whole it worked really well as a lemon cake, but I wasn’t 100% sold on the “sponge”. Call it a nit-pick at best, as people’s definition of “sponge” will vary. It was very good at 8%, and overall sweetness was just below mid-level, and I will admit to getting lost in it, and nearing the finishing of the third tester, I had almost forgotten to get NOTES lol. For a “sponge” cake, it was just need a bit more, and only minor take-offs for that, and it felt super solid @ a 9.0/10, as it presented as much more of a lemon cake. Still QUITE good. Don’t let the lack-o-sponge stop ya.

9 Likes

Malaysian Mango (FLAVRZ) 8% (7-11-23) – Now I’m not sure exactly which Malaysian Mango this one was, BUT, it was good. It wasn’t as bright and sparkly as some Mangos I’ve had, but it did taste like more of a orange/yellow/green mango mashup. The majority of it centered around a yellow/orange tone, but I kept getting little hints of some fresh and green undertones. Sweetness was below mid-level, and strength/saturation levels felt like an 8/10 at 8%. Could stand to maybe be a bit stronger, but not much. It had an overall fresh, and natural taste and wasn’t sickly sweet and fatiguing, or boring. Somewhat complex, and it felt like it could just almost carry the full freight in a Mango mix, but it might need just a pinch of help. Very good, fresh, and tasty. The only take-off was a minor dryness from the middle to the end of the vape. Rating it higher due to the perceived orange/yellow/green-ness, with only the slight dryness as a markdown. It felt fairly placed at 8.5/10.

8 Likes

A few more to test and next up is Strawberry Jam Toast. As soon as I saw this flavour I knew I was going to order it, not because Flavrz website mentions Jam Monsters juice as a comparison, but because I would like something better. Personally I thought Jam Monster was ok but not worth all the hype I bought into.

It’s been a while since I had JM Strawberry Jam and Toast and from memory I believe this one could be similar but I also wouldn’t call that a compliment. I originally mixed Flavrz @13% but subsequently realised I’d made a mistake as this particular flavour is a one shot with a recommendation of between 25-30%.
At 13% it was definitely too weak for me and what I tasted was a subdued strawberry but very little to no jam, which didn’t surprise me if, as I assume, they’re using the same strawberry jam that I’d already tested. However, I was hopeful that it could be something more than a subdued strawberry because I was sure I was getting the butter, not a strawberry cream but the actual butter.

It was screaming out to be tested stronger and as I promised to post my thoughts on all the Flavrz I received and had already tried it lower I decided to kick off my next Flavrz session with this flavour.

REMIXED @25%
At 25% it was definitely more flavoursome and superior tasting than my original mistake of 13% but it still just wasn’t jam to me and I also believe could do with being a little sweeter too. To be fair I have no idea how any manufacturer is going to be able to obtain an actual toast flavour in a juice but in my opinion Flavrz haven’t been able to either.

So I don’t taste toast and only a very subdued unjammy (not a word I know) strawberry, so what do I taste? To be honest I don’t know but it is vapeable and not bad! I believe the predominant taste is the buttery aspect which leaves an almost butter type greasy aftertaste and kept pushing me to take another vape to try and get my head around the flavour in general.

To summarise I found it extremely hard to articulate this flavour but one thing I can say with certainty is that to me it isn’t strawberry jam and toast. It’s predominantly a buttery taste with the slightest hint of strawberry but not strawberry jam. There is a little more to it than that which I presume is supposed to be the toast but I definitely don’t taste anything remotely like toast. The closest I’ve got is perhaps something similar to a plain unsweetened biscuit (Arrowroot/Rich Tea) without the crunch? I appreciate my words will not be of much use but I can only comment on what I taste and try and compare those thoughts.
So to finally wrap this one up I’ll give it 4/10 and wouldn’t buy it again.

8 Likes

Maple Syrup (FLAVRZ) 8% (7-12-23) – Maple-y goodness WAS the word of the day with this one. In the bottle, in the tank, it was about identical. In the past I have tested some MS’s that were very heavy handed, and some, left a heavy aftertaste, but thankfully this one had neither of those issues. It tasted JUST maple-y enough, but without being overbearing, or saturated at 8%. Very realistic, tasty, and just sweet enough, without any cloying sweetness. It was surprisingly rich, and full, which were unexpected, AND, a huge plus. The maple center was actually somewhat complex, and at times, there were some light coffee and/or mocha undertones, which kept it very interesting. Because of those, I could actually see this working in some unexpectedly great ways IN some coffee mixes. Natural, full, and rich were the main take-aways on this one. It could easily work on pancakes/waffles just as well in coffee mixes. A very true to form Maple Syrup that tasted very rich, and with just enough sweetness. No butter notes, just the maple, and it was solidly in the “syrup” region, but (repeating), without the heavy, cloying sweetness. No off-notes, or take-offs that I could find, and leaving it high @ a 9.5/10.

6 Likes

Nicely done @Gazza7, and well explained.

2 Likes

Raspberry Jam Toast was the obvious flavour to continue with which I mixed @25%, steeped for 15 days and was a (big) freebie with an order.

And I mean big

After my initial mistake of mixing strawberry jam toast too low I knew to mix this one a lot higher and therefore mixed it at the same percentage as strawberry jam. I know I’m being dense but to be honest one shot or flavour shot is still confusing me but this one is a flavour shot. As I was disappointed with the strawberry version I was unsure what to expect from this, especially as I don’t seem to like other raspberry flavours very much. It’s not one I would have picked but I have been pleasantly surprised.

As mentioned above I was a little worried about this flavour but I actually prefer it to strawberry jam toast. It tastes more on point as the flavour is fuller with more depth to it. Although raspberry isn’t my favourite it works well here and is definitely more flavoursome and the predominant flavour.
Personally I thought the finished juice could do with a little more sweetness but I suppose that’s reasonably easily fixed. Similarly to strawberry I can taste the buttery aspect but it takes more of a back seat to the actual raspberry which is what I would have expected. Of no surprise was that I still taste bugger all toast but in hindsight perhaps that’s not a bad thing as possibly that could have delivered a bit of a burnt taste overall? Perhaps a little to compliment and bring the overall taste nearer to what I expected given the description? Don’t know but what I can say with certainty is that the toast is not there. However the ‘something else’ flavour that I got in strawberry is there but again it was more subdued and seemed to help the finished flavour. I’m afraid I’m no nearer explaining the ‘something else’ but I’m sure it was lurking. I believe 25% is about right for me and think taking it any higher could make it start to taste a little off.

To summarise I was a little surprised that I enjoyed this flavour as much as I did and personally I can easily vape it solo. Considering it’s a one shot/ flavour shot that’s probably a good thing, but either way it’s a fact. Although I haven’t tasted that many raspberry flavours it’s the best I’ve tasted to date but it is more than just a raspberry to be fair. I can still taste the buttery aspect but with the elusive ‘something else’ working in the background. I think I’d be safe in saying if you like raspberry flavours you’d like this one.
I’m a little on the fence in regards to if I’d buy it but that’s only due to raspberries not being my preference but am edging towards yes I would. I’m also struggling to arrive at a number due to this but think 7/10 is fair as for me to actually enjoy a raspberry juice is not commonplace.

8 Likes

@Gazza7 not at all, it IS confusing. IMO, the Flavor Shots, and One Shots from FLAVRZ are almost identical. The difference is, the Flavor Shots ARE One Shots, in a BIG BOTTLE LOL. One Shots are the same mixes (within reason) in smaller bottles.

Flavor shots are in big bottles so you just dump your NIC, PG, and VG into them, whereas One Shots are still “All In One” 's, but you have to add them to your OWN big bottle.

5 Likes

Oh how the European term ‘longfill’ makes so much more sense in this instance.

6 Likes

Meringue (FLAVRZ) 8% (7-23-23) – Meringue is probably one of the more used flavors on my racks, so I know it well. Believe it or not, there are 3 main types of meringues. To my tastes, they are similar but with varying levels of sweetness. I prefer a less sweet meringue as it’s easier to work with and can be sweetened if needed. This Meringue from FLAVRZ fit right into my “sweet spot” (pun intended) for meringues. It tasted almost identical to FA’s Meringue, but with just a little more body. Very accurate meringue-ness, with a very controlled level of sweetness. Perfect for my style of mixing, as I could sweeten IF I wanted to. It was actually a little below mid level sweet, and it was very full at 8%. It also avoided one of the pitfalls of some meringues wherein vanilla is added, which actually pulls it OFF profile. I didn’t detect any here, and that really let the egg whites shine through. It had a generous amount of fluffy-ness, and mouthfeel, and 3 testers later I was still trying to find any take-offs, and I couldn’t. Fluffy, full, just sweet enough, and VERY accurate were the main take-aways on this one. All in, this one will work for all of your meringue needs, and rating it very high @ 9.9/10, for being just almost perfect.

6 Likes

New York Cheesecake which I mixed @11%, steeped for 16 days and was a freebie with an order. I enjoy Capella NY Cheesecake @12% solo and was hoping this concentrate was going to be similar or better.

What I can say is I don’t think it’s better but do think I prefer Flavrz over Capella but it’s possible I’m being presumptuous. As a solo flavour perhaps not but I’m sure it’s got more possibilities. I’ll try and explain. Flavrz version is extremely authentic in its actual cheesecake but does in my opinion lack the taste of a base or any strawberry/ raspberry. Capellas seems more complete but not as flavoursome to me. I’m thinking Flavrz will be extremely good as using as a base to create your own recipe.Hope that makes some sort of sense.
I don’t live in New York or even in America but for some reason I have always thought NY cheesecake had a strawberry sauce but after some homework it appears to be raspberry. I could be wrong but either way as a complete flavour I do think this one would be complimented by a bit more berry flavour, with my preference being strawberry.
For me to mention authentic above could be a bit of a stretch as in reality my only way of comparison is a frozen interpretation from the local supermarket freezer!

After my mindless waffling above I ought to reiterate the flavour is extremely authentic and far more so than Capella. It has a depth of flavour that works very well and I can honestly taste the actual cream cheese with the thickness and sourness I would expect when eating one. I’m struggling to taste any base but to be honest I don’t think that detracts as much from the overall flavour as I would have expected. Considering Flavrz don’t use any ‘nasties’ the overall overriding taste is so authentic it surprised me as I always assumed, as in most things in life, the things one likes are the worst for you.

To summarise and repeat myself this flavour surprised me in a good way and if you decide to buy it don’t expect something similar to Capella as in my opinion it’s not. However, it is quite amazingly authentic dense cream cheese flavour with a definite sourness that is spot on. My only real complaint is that it could do with a hint of strawberry or perhaps raspberry to compliment the finished juice. As mentioned I can’t taste any biscuit type base so some might find problem with that. Personally I find it easily vapeable solo but am going to rack my aging brain cells to try and incorporate it in a strawberry cheesecake perhaps with a sweet strawberry or jam and also add some Graham cracker.
8.5/10 for me and I would buy it.

9 Likes

Outstanding write up @Gazza7.

7 Likes

Thanks.
A bit repetitive but the actual cheesecake shocked me a bit. Not just buttery but dense and flavoursome.

6 Likes

Noosa Blue (Blue Raspberry 2) (FLAVRZ) 8% (7-14-23) – After having tested FLAVR’s Blue Raspberry previously, I was curious what the #2 would bring to the party. They were very similar, and I’d have to do a side by side to give you a true comparison. This one turned out to be much more than I thought, and YOU will have to decide if it/that works for you. For me, it DID work very nicely. It presented as fairly mainstream Blue Raspberry that was about mid-level sweet, and just a touch of tart. BUT, what it seemed to have in addition to that were some very nice red raspberry undertones, with an almost hint of a purple grape. Now these were UNDER-tones, and hints, so they were not main profile notes, but they seemed to really accent, and pull what would have been a typical Blue Raspberry. Tartness/sour levels were somewhat lower than expected, and the (what I’m calling) red raspberry, and grape notes helped to keep it more interesting. Fairly complex, and the nuances and notes kept jumping out at different times, which kept you guessing. Nothing off-putting, and at 8% it felt like as strong as you would want. Now while I didn’t know anything about Noosa before this review, nor if they grow Blue Raspberries there (LOL), this one did turn out to be much more than I had expected, and IMO, the dark/er RB/Grape notes just plain worked. They supported the existing Blue Raspberry main notes, and did not overshadow, so there was no de-railing going on. As always, YOU guys/gals have to decide what makes or breaks a Blue Raspberry for YOUR tastes. For mine, this was going to fill an empty spot on my racks, as it could almost be run solo, with MAYBE a pinch of sweetness, and sour, but maybe. All in, it tasted very good, and different than all other of my BRB’s. No real take-offs, except for minor nit picks, like possibly a little sweetener, and sour punch. I finally settled on a high scoring of 9.4/10 on this one.

6 Likes

Passionfruit (FLAVRZ) 8% (7-14-23) – Wow. I’m not even really a Passion Fruit kinda guy, and I was STILL wowed by this one. A very refreshingly tart Passion Fruit, that had some very nice undertones that were best described as grapefruit, melon, and kiwi. Sweet, tart, and complex were the main take-aways here. It did have a fairly honest, and persistent citrus undertone that stayed present throughout. I’ve not eaten PF very often, and probably used it in mixes even less, so I cannot directly compare/contrast for you guys, but at 8%, I could see this standing ALL on it’s own, as it was that good. Very fresh, somewhat juicy, and this was one of the hardest flavors in these 3 series, to try and nit-pick. No off-notes, and nothing to even remotely complain about. While somewhat sweet, it was just below mid-level, and the almost smooth tart-ed-ness really helped seal the deal on the finish. Sweet, tart, citrus, and complexity is what this one brought to the party. Too hard to down rate a flavor that just seems to do it soo right. Leaving this one very high @ 9.7/10.

6 Likes

@Gazza7 sometimes, things do bear repeating.

Most times, I like it when that happens.

3 Likes

OG Toffee which I mixed @20%, steeped for 17 days and bought with my own money. I’ve been quite disappointed with the majority of the toffee flavours I’ve tried which is a shame as I enjoy eating toffee. My favourite is VT Butter Base Toffee @4% which I found to have the buttery toffee taste I hope for. As Flavrz described this flavour as a white toffee I was hoping for something similar.

Straight up I’m going to say this one is a one shot and even though I have experienced a weaker than hoped for taste with some Flavrz one shots I still only mixed this one @20% and not the 25-30% as recommended. This was a conscious choice due to a concern of the possibility of experiencing a burnt taste I can get from this type of flavour profile. Also if I’m being honest using 25-30% doesn’t sit all that well with me. I appreciate Flavrz state they don’t use ingredients that are worrying but it’s a thing either way. I’m no scientist or health expert but…

Thankfully I don’t get anything like a burnt taste but unfortunately I do believe it’s too weak, which obviously is my own mistake. To be fair it does taste of toffee and is in my opinion more flavoursome than their Fate Toffee but it’s still just too subdued for me. Perhaps knocking the percentage up to somewhere in between 25-30% would help but I’m always ever worried about the dreaded scorched taste that could also possibly bring. However, due to the fact that I have zero indication of that @20% I believe I will try and answer that question.
The inhale brings a little toffee with the exhale bringing a bit more but it’s on the aftertaste that it’s at its best. Unfortunately it’s best doesn’t really cut it for me. It’s true enough to Flavrz description of being a white toffee but personally I’d just prefer a stronger overall flavour. On the plus side I don’t taste anything off and do find it vapeable as is, albeit a little boring.

To summarise it’s a decent enough buttery…ish type toffee flavour but @20% is definitely too subdued for me personally. There’s nothing wrong with it but it just doesn’t go above decent. I will try it higher but have to say I think it’s place is going to be as a base to build from. Therefore average = 5/10 and it’s not that I wouldn’t buy it again but it simply wouldn’t be my first choice.

8 Likes

Glazed Doughnut that I mixed @11%, steeped for 18 days and bought with my own money. I consciously mixed this one a tad lower due to the playdough aroma I smelled from the concentrates in the bottle and I’m glad I did.

From the picture I was hoping for a fresh sugary sweet doughnut with a hint of strawberry icing but alas that is not what I tasted. I’ve tested a few doughnut concentrates to date with my favourite being Capella Glazed Doughnut @10% and I believe I’m in the minority as I also enjoyed Capella Chocolate Glazed Doughnut @12%. I wouldn’t exactly say I’d vape them solo as first choice but I could, whereas with this one I couldn’t.

I appreciate this is rude but I need to be honest and state I struggled to continue trying to complete my thoughts as this one well and truly tasted of playdough to me and needless to say I didn’t like it at all. As far as I’m aware I’ve never actually eaten playdough but I can also imagine if I did this is what it would taste like!
I noticed on Flavrz website it’s mentioned that it’s a Capella ‘style’ of flavour and although it’s been a time since I tasted Capella solo I’d have to disagree. I believe it was a little reminiscent of Flavrz caramel dough but without the caramel and worse still which I suppose kind of makes sense. Inhale and exhale is playdough whilst the aftertaste tries to move away but it doesn’t work. I read Sessiondrummers review and did wonder if I had a tainted bottle or something as I have to be honest and say my opinion differs greatly from his.

To summarise on many occasions I’ve read vapers opinions on various doughnut concentrates tasting like playdough but thankfully I’d never experienced that taste before and didn’t want to for obvious reasons. I half assumed I was immune to it but it appears not. Unfortunately with this one it’s all I tasted and I didn’t spend as much time as usual or anticipated to as I simply couldn’t. I truly wanted to give it more of a chance trying to get my brain around any possibilities but I was unable to do so. I certainly don’t enjoy being so negative about a manufacturers hard work but I will always be honest and this flavour is most definitely not one I’m buying again. 1.5/10 as I will try and experiment with it and you never know unless you try. However I will never vape it solo again at any percentage.

Sorry Flavrz.

11 Likes

Pineapple (FLAVRZ) 8% (7-15-23) – As soon as I tasted this one, I KNEW something was different about it. Good or Bad ?? You’ll have to decide. Out of the gate, it did not present like a “fresh” pineapple, but more of a “cooked” one. Not baked, not canned, not candied, but almost like a baked. It had an interesting undertone throughout, that I was really struggling trying to decide what it was. It kind of reminded me of Real Flavor’s Yumberry, but I finally settled on an almost Red Currant. It did not overshadow the Pineapple, BUT, it stayed present the entire time. Sweetness was a few ticks above mid-level, and it did have a somewhat juicy quality about it. There was a smidge of tartness, but overall it was sweet. Very yellow to be sure, and actually very good tasting, and it felt pretty good at 8%. No off-notes, BUT, keep in mind, I was NOT tallying up the Red Currant undertone as an off-note. Even though it was quite a bit different, I did keep thinking of RFSC’s Yumberry for some reason. A very good Pineapple, BUT, not a pure one, and not authentically natural. To my tastes the “medley” worked, and it helped to create a VERY unique flavor. NOW, with that said, would that appeal to you or not ?? You’ll have to decide. I will have to rate it as a “pure” pineapple, and because of that I’ll have to kick it down a bit, for the underlying undertones, that WERE damned delicious. Purely as a Pineapple, I’ll leave it at 7.0/10. NOW, I cannot stress enough, how GOOD this flavor was, just NOT a pure Pineapple.

9 Likes

Bourbon which I mixed @11%, steeped for 19 days and bought with my own money. As I’ve well documented by now I enjoy a good booze concentrate and after taking some happy thoughts away from the rum I’ve tasted in Flavrz concentrates I was looking forward to this one. I know rum isn’t bourbon but the thought remained!

Also well documented is that I don’t actually drink bourbon, rum or the like but I do very much enjoy a good boozy concentrate and can thankfully say that’s where this one sits. To date I’ve only ever tried two other bourbon flavours solo which are Flavorah @2.5% and Vapetrain @5%. Flavorah I enjoyed but thought Vapetrains was a little bland and not one of their better boozy ones. Flavrz is better than both and streets ahead of VT.

As I don’t drink bourbon unfortunately I can’t compare the taste of this concentrate to the alcohol but I will try and explain what I tasted hoping it’s of some use to someone. It had a satisfying mid level sweetness to it and I believe a hint of vanilla too? Not a thick vanilla custard but a slight spice type vanilla. The actual bourbon aspect I suggest was a little laid back in the mix but nonetheless seemed to work very well. I’ve tried some boozy type concentrates before which were quite aggressive but this one isn’t although it delivers on flavour well. Possibly my testing percentage could be upped without any adverse effects and I am going to try just that although as is I find it easily vapeable solo.
When I normally vape boozy concentrates my immediate thoughts turn to a tobacco recipe but this one is the exception where my thoughts head towards a bakery or propping up a custard.

To summarise this concentrate is very enjoyable but in a rather subdued way. That’s not to say it’s devoid of flavour but just not the flavour I expected. The predominant taste is a boozy one but I believe the slightly subdued spicy type vanilla isn’t too far behind which makes for a flavoursome, smooth and satisfying vape. It’s not in your face alcohol flavour which could possibly become a bit hidden in a recipe but I believe also help to smooth harshness if required. For some strange reason it conjures up a vision of sitting under a tree on a warm summers day vaping happily. Strange one but there you go!
8/10 for me and I would buy it again.

11 Likes

Milky Cereal
Flavor Shot by Flavrz. - Straight up was quite excited to try this as can be a cereal lover with the right one. However, was disappointed.
Open, added Nic and topped with VG left to sit for 10days.
Upon re opening with a smell test picked up milk and golden corn flake like perfumes. Added ro tank and puff away. Without reading too much I like to keep thing’s short and sharp. No more than a 6/10 for this. Described as strawberry banana notes I picked up none of this and really nothing but a solid milk texture that perfected with mushy wheat like notes. Added some Flavrz caramel at 2% to hopefully sweeten which did to a degree but not enough to fully bring forward other notes. As a regular Flavrz customer whom ive vaped 95% of there product purchased myself this being one cant say would again.

9 Likes