FLAVRZ Flavors Reviewed by SessionDrummer -- TESTING NOW!

@Jetz thank you for the input. I like my vapes to have a good flavor profile but not as strong or sweet as commercial juices, they seem to overwhelm my senses. I will increase the percentage to 15 for my next test and go from there.
By the way, I am enjoying your flavors so far and am anxiously awaiting my next shipment, I can’t wait to try the honeycomb and others I ordered.
Thanks again!

4 Likes

@TimWV, I’ll check, but i don’t think I received that one.

3 Likes

Did you hear Halls drinks are making a comeback?
I thought their sars was good.

4 Likes

Hi @Jetz
Just wondering, do any of the one-shots or concentrates contain any type of sweetener?

2 Likes

Oh cool. We used to get a mixed dozen delivered to us every week when I was growing up… :smiley:

4 Likes

Should be good as long as they can get OG recipes.

They have a fb page if you want to stay updated.

3 Likes

Nah, I don’t do any soft drinks anymore due to diabetes… Thanks though :smiley:

3 Likes

Take the time and read the notes from @SessionDrummer you will see the innate sugar level of the concentrates.

As for ONE SHOT - they are a commercial flavour recipe and will have some sugar alcohols added.

4 Likes

Some flavour concentrates a little goes a long way and Raspberry is one of them. This raspberry is also used by the pharmaceutical industry for cough syrup flavouring.

4 Likes

@TimWV I haven’t read all of the responses yet, so in case this wasn’t covered, @Jetz actually made a nice “All In One” recipe for using the FLAVRZ One-Shots. It’s defaulted at 1000ml (1L), and 30% flavor, but you can adapt it, save it, and manipulate it as you need …

And from Darren above …

4 Likes

VERY interesting @Jetz.

2 Likes

@SessionDrummer I have tested both the Portello and Creaming Soda, setting off the smoke detector in the process. :rofl:

The Portello is definitely right as far as flavour goes! It comes across a little thin at 8% and was better with 0.5% SS. I do pick up a touch of vanilla but ever so slight. I think if I was using it as a main in a mix I’d be starting higher but it is accurate from what I remember, it’s been a while since I drank it.

The Creaming Soda has a familiarity to it as far as flavour goes, nice vanilla. Same as Portello a little thin and better with SS at this %. I normally used VTAs version in candy mixes to get a vanilla note without using something creamy, I’d be interested to see how this one played in that type of mix.

Not sure what you call them so link below…

Both I would like to try mixing with an ice cream, and make a spider. That would give the body I feel is missing but they might just need to be pumped up a bit.
https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/spiders/e78051ea-96b1-4403-9f84-2a73fa49a605

4 Likes

Thanks a lot @marsh8, I appreciate that.

Now THAT looks good.

4 Likes

@SessionDrummer thank you very much! I actually thought I had a pretty good one going so I decided to mix a 60ml and as I finished I realized I used a Brazilian Coffee lol so now I’ll have to dump that and mix again, funny, I thought it looked kind of dark… :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Rum and Raisin (FLAVRZ) 8% (5-23-23) – I’ve never had a R&R before, and I wanted to get INTO this one. Smelled VERY good, and just like it was billed. Now, some of it seemed to get lost in translation, but not all of it. It felt like it tasted about 70% of the way there, when comparing to how it smelled. The raisin notes were just spot on DELICIOUS, and the Rum was less present when tasting than it was when smelling, but was fairly below the raisin. The raisin itself presented as maybe both golden and brown together, and it (IMO) was the star of the show. It was a completely unique flavor, like none other on my racks, and I have a LOT of flavors on my racks. If time permits later I will add this to the re-test list, and test it up higher to see if it better mimic’d the smell. At 8% it was present, and full, and it was honestly hard to put down. I had guzzled through 3 testers before I knew it, and thought, “Uh oh, who’s doing the review” ?? What was surprising about this one, was it didn’t present as a pure raisin, but it was still very present. It tasted richer than a simple plain raisin, and with the Rum lower in the mix, I couldn’t decipher exactly what it was paired with, maybe a fig undertone for just a guess, and needless to say it was damned good. It was one of the harder flavors to fully isolate and explain, but if you’re even some what remotely raisin curious, it would be worth a pickup. About the only take-off would be the shift from how it smelled and then tasted. Didn’t taste bad in ANY way, it just didn’t 100% translate. Possibly fixed by upping the percentage. As it stood, a very good raisin-ish flavor, with subtle Rum undertones, that had NO off-notes, and stayed a few ticks below mid-level sweet. Minor take-offs for the translation. 8/0/10.

10 Likes

I liked this one, again accuracy is there. I upped it to 10% in a mix and felt there was still head room available.
The mix needs some tweaking the graham cracker is wrong with it, but the banana and butterscotch ripple seemed to fit. I vaped this off the shake and it was very clean, no bite for lack of a better word. I don’t do alcohols very often.

More raisin than rum like you say, I don’t drink rum but have baked with it and this one seems more familiar to me as far as rums go. Go that raisin :drooling_face: it’s good.

6 Likes

Add Vanilla Swirl @ 4%, Marshmallow Custard @ 4% and a little super sweet to 6% Portello and you have a grape berry spider If you want more cola base add in our Cola @4% and maybe some sherbet to fizz it up at 1-2%

5 Likes

Just like rum soaked raisin, I hear a rum ball recipe coming on lol… rum & raisin @4-6%, double choc 0.5, marshmallow custard 12% high, marshmallow 6% high, Toasted Coconut - 3-4% and golden syrup at 2% to round out a Condensed milk. Add Dairy Milk @ 2-4% to get a more milk to the condensed milk

7 Likes

Thanks Jetz, hubby & I are not keen on sweeteners, I will order smaller sizes of the one shots to test them first.

2 Likes

The One Shots and Flavour shot range do have some sugar alcohols in them though not at commercial levels. As everyone does not like a bag of sugar in there juice. We have made them so there is just enough for the flavourings in the mix, though you can add more to them if you like them sweeter

3 Likes