FLAVRZ Flavors Reviewed by SessionDrummer -- TESTING NOW!

@Nuromanzer, no I didn’t, BUT, after reading the description, it sure sounds like I WISH I did.

Silky smooth caramel creams & butters and a hint of premium tobacco.

6 Likes

I really like this one. I’m pretty sure I could pick out the Vanilla Custard at 2%, I’ve played with that some more today. Nice R&R on Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, not the cheap shit either.

I just mixed up the Weis Bar, subbed cream for vanilla swirl, bugger it I’m gonna taste it off the shake.

5 Likes

Being a self confessed NOT tobacco-er, I’m always interested on what people think of RY4’s. It’s almost like it’s a 50/50 split. The tobacco heads always claim RY4 is an abomination and not a true bacco, while the non-bacco heads (like me) think it’s sweet, but pretty good with the caramel and creams.

3 Likes

I had a mate send me a RY4 based custard mix and thought it was absolutely disgusting. I am definitely NO a bacco fan of any kind. :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

Watermelon OZ (FLAVRZ) 8% (6-2-23) – Aussies HELP me out here !!! I got into this one RIGHT on the heels of the Watermelon, and again, I wasn’t getting a huge, full on watermelon. It was almost like I was getting a lot of the white fleshy part, and some rind, but none of the red. I’m wondering if this is an Australian thing, or maybe this/these particular compounds just aren’t translating for me. With THAT outta the way, this tasted much better, and fuller than the regular Watermelon, and despite not knocking it out of the park for my needs for the “red” part of the WM, it was good. I believe it is one of FLAVRZ best sellers, so it COULD be me, hehe. I did continue to get a very good “melon” and “rind” from it throughout all of the testers, and by melon, I don’t mean anything like a honeydew, but still very melon-like. To my tastes, it was actually a fair amount fresher than the regular WM, and juicier. Sweetness was just below mid-level, and there were no off-notes, florals, or perfumes. I feel the need to repeat this, but even without the red sticky WM that I am/was used to not really showing up to the party, it was a damned good, and addictive flavor. I’ll def. have to rate this above the regular WM. In closing, a VERY good melon which presented as fresh, and juicy, with plenty of rind notes, and about the only take-offs (for my tastes) would be the fairly lacking “red” watermelon notes. Judging by my scale and criteria, 8.0/10 felt pretty good. Aussies SOUND OFF on this one if you’ve got experiences with Australian Watermelons !!!

7 Likes

I’m all in for science and shit but what the …. $25 for a watermelon, I know it’s out of season, so I’ll just get the flavour next time.

6 Likes

That particular concentrate is one I received as a freebie and I have mixed it so it’s one I’m going to be sampling soon.

6 Likes

White Chocolate (FLAVRZ) 8% (6-2-23) – Out of the gate, I could tell this was one of the weaker flavors. It was almost stronger when tasting, than vaping. While light, it proved to be a very clean, accurate white chocolate. What I was glad I DIDN"T GET was some of the funkyness, or chalky dryness that I’ve gotten from a few of the other WC’s. Smooth, somewhat (but not entirely) creamy, with a light mouthfeel. I think that because it WAS lighter, and not overly heavy handed, some of the more subtle notes were visible (to the palate that is). Sweet, buttery, and just a hint of vanilla, with NO cocoa, just like a good WC should be. Nothing sour, dry, or out of place, and it was just at about mid level sweet. As I’ve stated regarding a few other of the flavors, about the only real take off would be the light presence. Granted solo’ing put’s it ENTIRELY under the spotlight, and cannot even BEGIN to assume/predict how it will pair in recipes, but some caution should be used so as not to overpower it. All in, a good, clean, fairly relaxed WC, with none of the sourness or dryness that can plague many of them. As mentioned, taking off, but only due to the relaxed presentation. Subtly placing this one at 7.0/10.

8 Likes

Do you think it could work going higher with WC? I do like a good white chocolate and that one was on my radar.

4 Likes

I don’t think ours are much different to what you get - if bought out of season they are pretty bland. Based on some of the other flavours, I suspect they may have been going for a flavour reminiscent of something watermelon based. I have both of these but have a few others I have in my queue to test…if I do test them I will report back

3 Likes

So the flavour is aniseed not anise in case you are keeping track, I added approx 0.5% to the blackstrap mix and so far it has made it a deeper flavour slightly less candied. It is a good recipe (better than quite a few from ATF I have made over time). and I have some ideas on how to use the liquorice in an ice cream based on how two of the ice cream recipes turn out. I am going to try the aniseed in a Heisenberg inspired Flavrz clone that was posted in the recipes section.

5 Likes

@McDuckie it worked at 8% but it just didn’t have the presence or impact like I, and I think a lot of other would want. I did drip in a few more drops of flavor (unofficial), and it did increase JUST a smidge. Realize that as I stated, solo’ing puts it DIRECTLY under the spotlight, and I cannot state how it would play with others or mix at this point. I don’t use WC very much at all, but I’ll have to check my notes to see if I have a fav or not.

3 Likes

I did one a while back using an orange cream it was a good pairing

4 Likes

I think our tastes must be similar as that was what I was thinking

5 Likes

I was thinking the same when you posted stuff earlier in the week. I mucked around with liquorice a while back. It was good for something different.

Now I’m not one for cooling but I think it would fit in the Weis Bar. The Splice One Shot is growing on me.

5 Likes

A recipe I really like called tiger tails on the other site - it is a liquorice orange ice cream apparently based on a Canadian flavour. Really good, I want to try to recreate a version of it with these flavours. Lemon also can go pretty well with liquorice so may experiment with that. I have been enjoying the blackstraps - it is scratching an itch.

I have been resisting the weis bar but suspect I will end up trying it later today. I have the splice oneshot as well but haven’t mixed it yet going to do some experiments when I have some free time tomorrow.

6 Likes

I sort of made a variation of that using more of a custard base, I preferred it over an ice cream base.
Don’t think I tried lemon but that should be nice, maybe with a lime twist…

5 Likes

I was thinking that when re-read your review. Most of the time I’ve ever done a white chocolate based liquid I always had to bulk up the presence of the white chocolate with a custard or something like wf White fudge to get a really full mouthfeel.

5 Likes

This was one that I picked out by nose when I got the flavours, that doesn’t always mean anything but I normally get a fair idea.
I’ve only used it once and think I overshot the apricot in that one, so I need to go back maybe try it with raspberry. (maybe not, just rewicking so I can taste it on a fresh wick.)
It smelt more like what I would expect WC to be, again word of the day ‘nostalgia’ :crazy_face:

5 Likes

@SessionDrummer - how long do you let the sf testers sit for? I have mix up a few that intrigue me and thinking 3 days is about right? I have also done an experiment with creaming soda and sherbet which tastes good on the knuckle off the shake but will need some time to sit.

3 Likes