FLAVRZ Flavors Reviewed by SessionDrummer -- TESTING NOW!

Onto Flavrz Pineapple Custard that I mixed @13% ,steeped for 14 days and was a freebie with an order.

I couldn’t find this one listed on the site, hence I have found a picture on line. I realised that this one could be
a one shot which makes sense as I’m sure it’s too weak at this percentage. From memory I believe Jetz said to mix one shots between 25-30%? As a stand-alone I certainly wouldn’t vape it any lower than 13% anyway and in fact would probably double it to see where that stood.
It’s pleasant enough and does give an indication of being able to produce a better flavour but at 13% it’s lack luster.If that’s due to my own stupidity I apologise but I can only state what I tasted at the time.
In my opinion the pineapple was stronger than the custard which I’m happy about and it’s a good balance but overall the juice just needs to be stronger. I’d estimate something in the region of 75/25 in the favour of pineapple.
To be fair it does taste of pineapple custard but isn’t delivering enough of what I’d hope for. I also feel like it could do with being a little sweeter too but perhaps that could change if it was stronger? Something I find odd is I’m sure I tasted the slightest amount of coconut which I’m surprised about and can only think that’s my imagination working overtime as I tried to put my thoughts into words. The pineapple aspect did intrigue me and due to that I opted to test the pineapple next.

To summarise and at the risk of repeating myself for me it’s an enjoyable and definite but very subdued pineapple custard with the slightest hint of coconut for some reason. I will remix this one stronger as I believe it had potential solo and do think either way it could make a good base in a recipe even @13%.
However from where I currently sit I’ll have to say 6/10 and wouldn’t buy it.

9 Likes

Whipped Cream (FLAVRZ) 8% (6-3-23) – With this, the second to the LAST, in this massive second series, let’s get into the Whipped Cream. My experience with WC’s seems to always fall into two categories, very light, slight vanilla, and darker, richer, less vanilla. This one fell into the second category, and had far more substance than the airy light, thinner vanilla others. It had some mouthfeel, and good creamy-ness, and was very good at 8%. It shared something with ANOTHER WC I’ve tested, and that was an almost chocolate note. Of course, as SOON as I stop typing this review, I WILL be adding this to some Graham Cracker, and Marshmallow, JUST to see HOW the light chocolate notes fare in a mix. Solo’ing it, they were unobtrusive, but always present. I guess the best, closest comparison might be a heavy whipping cream, with chocolate undertones. Many other of the WC’s I’ve tested were soo light and airy, it was hard NOT to over run them in mixes, whereas this one would hold it’s ground much better. Three testers later, my opinion(s) hadn’t changed on this one, and I was unable to detect any squirrel-y notes. In closing, this one was a heavy whipping cream, with chocolate undertones, and a good mouthfeel, at just below mid-level sweet, that would hold it’s own in a mix, and not be run over in most mixes. I don’t feel that the choco undertones were a negative, nor distraction, and will leave this one fairly high @ 9.1/10.

7 Likes

@McDuckie that would probably be the right course here as well.

3 Likes

@Nuromanzer, sorry about that, I normally post that on the OG post. There were steeped at least 1.5 weeks before testing. @Jetz has stated however because of the “design”, they can be ready after a few short days.

4 Likes

Now for Flavrz Pineapple which I mixed @13%,steeped for 14 days and paid for with my own money.

The aroma and my suspicion after trying pineapple custard gave me hope for this one and thankfully that has been proven. Currently my favourite pineapple is Inawera @4% but this one is now battling for top spot. I’ve tasted some terrible pineapple concentrates in my time but this one is most definitely not in that category.
Personally I think it leans more towards an artificial than a natural tasting pineapple and has a most agreeable syrup type aftertaste that is right up my alley. As I’ve just sampled Pineapple Custard I was thinking I could add this and a custard to it using the PC as a base (as I noted previously) believing that could push the PC where I’d like it. As I was vaping it I came to a realisation that I’m sure it reminded me of the lollys I used to eat as a kid which I think were called pineapple cubes.

These.

It is sweet and contrary to the others I’ve tested to date I believe I could drop this one down a bit, perhaps I’ll try 10% first and take it from there. That’s not to take anything away from it as I thoroughly enjoy it solo @13% but that’s probably as high as I’d go bearing in mind I tend to mix stronger and it’s possible I’ve overdone the percentage as already mentioned.

To summarise this one is a winner in my book being a beautiful, if not somewhat artificial, sweet, flavoursome and full on pineapple that I will (government permitting) definitely buy again and I give it 9.5/10. That’s possibly a bit of a basic description but I can’t describe tastes as well as others but can say it works exceptionally well for me and has made me think I should try other pineapples from Flavrz.

8 Likes

Wild Cherry (FLAVRZ) 6% (6-3-23) – I believe this is the EIGHTIETH FLAVOR in the FLAVRZ (two series) so far. By my count, that is just a few day short of two months, for ME, and YOU GUYS on these, and it’s been a BIG HAUL. I figured I’d leave the “Scary” one till last (just kidding, alphabetically loaded). BUT, cherries, CAN INDEED be scary. I have been burned, and burned hard in the past, and some no matter HOW FAR you reduce them, are floral, soapy, or worse yet, medicinal. I’m happy to say that NONE of the aforementioned were present here. I DID test this one fairly high (as far as cherries go), and it was very good, AND, unique. Unique to me, just means, I don’t think I have one like it on my racks. It did present as a red cherry, but not fully a maraschino. It was not dark, or a “black” cherry, but stayed fairly red, and juicy throughout the entire test. ZERO off-notes (more on this later), aftertastes, or anything out of place. It leaned heavily to the natural at maybe a 75% natural / 25% artificial, and was a tick or two below mid level sweet. The uniqueness came from what I am terming the “Wild” part of it, THAT’S the nuance/overtone I do not have on my racks. It is VERY hard to classify, or explain, but maybe “ripe” COULD be a close second, but even that feels not right. Needless to say, the combination of IT, and the red cherry WAS a great combination. NOW, just for you guys, I decided to try an experiment, and boost it up a little more JUST to see if I could BREAK it, and I couldn’t. I had it up to 10%, and it didn’t go sideways on me, but just deepened, and got bolder. Impressive. Think not, try that with most of your existing cherries and see. All in, this was a great juicy, red cherry, that had hints of a mara, but only hints, and it had a very unique “wildness” to it. If you have been scared OFF of the cherries, come BACK into the Cherry fold. With no real take-offs, I’ll be rating this, the 80th flavor in this run high, @ 9.4/10.

8 Likes

If you’ve made it THIS FAR !!! Then I salute you. 80 flavors in one long ass run, is a LOT to read, but it’s even MORE work on my end. Thanks for hanging in there.

8 Likes

Cheers community! I wanted to try this tip.

4 Likes

Musk Candy next which I mixed @13%, steeped for 15 days and bought with my own money.

I love it when I’m pleasantly surprised by a flavour and this one has done just that. I actually wouldn’t have bought this concentrate but for my son enjoying TFAs so much. Personally I think TFA tastes like you’re snacking on your neighbours rose bushes but this one definitely does not.
Looking at Flavrz website I was discouraged by the roses in the picture but encouraged by the cake, hoping it would taste creamier than TFA and it does. Thankfully whilst there is a smidgen of a floral taste it’s well hidden. I never thought I’d say this but it actually works very well overall. The picture probably sums up the taste as it definitely is predominantly musk sticks but much creamier and a shed load more enjoyable than TFA.

Although I haven’t eaten the actual musk sticks in a long time I do remember the taste and I do like them, with this one capturing that taste pretty well. I don’t think the juice is as sweet as the lolly and is a bit creamier but that is not to say it’s worse because in fact I’d go as far as to say the juice is better.

I honestly don’t think the percentage of 8% is too high and personally I can easily vape it solo. In fact I believe I’ve inadvertently stumbled on my perfect personal strength to vape it solo. I also believe it’s opened up an avenue of experimentation for recipes as I’m now thinking what I could use it with to create something I would never have thought I would.
To be 100% honest I wanted to get this one out of the way as I’d convinced myself I wasn’t going to like it although the aroma had me intrigued.
If memory serves there has been a conversation on the forum about what musk sticks were as they are an Aussie thing which I didn’t know. I’m not good at explaining flavour tastes so all I can say is this represents them well and to me is satisfying.

To summarise this one surprised me in a good way and I believe the taste is pretty authentic to its namesake, albeit a little creamier and not quite as sweet. Considering I only bought it for my son I can say if he likes it or not I do, so I would buy it again. 9/10 as the dreaded rose bush is lurking but that’s probably being a little unfair as it’s in the lolly too and it’s not the confectionery’s fault I have an aversion to chewing roses.

11 Likes

Very much agreed @Gazza7.

Very nicely done @Gazza7. Now I’m waiting for MORE !!!

7 Likes

Next I’m giving Fate Toffee a go which I mixed @13%, steeped for 16 days and paid for with my own money. Flavrz description of this one is a sugary white toffee and I can say that’s what I (could) taste (possibly).

I enjoy toffee to eat but have found with the few toffee concentrates I’ve tried only a couple have actually worked for me. At this percentage unfortunately Fate Toffee doesn’t fall into that category. From Flavrz site this is not a one shot but a concentrate that is recommended to be mixed between 2-15%.

At 13% I can detect the faintest toffee taste but in my opinion it’s lacking. Thankfully I don’t taste the burnt note that I can experience with this type of flavour profile but unfortunately I don’t taste much at all. To be fair I have to consider that a plus.
Being described as a white toffee I was hoping for a creamy but distinct toffee flavour which I’d imagine could be possible if I increased the percentage but going from what I tasted that percentage would have to be increased a fair amount.

To summarise I doubt I would vape this solo again but will instead use it as a base. The toffee flavour could be in there somewhere but unfortunately for me it’s so hidden I can’t really elaborate. In its defense it’s not terrible or burnt just lacking in any real flavour.
I’m repeating myself so I’ll finish this and move on. 3.5/5 and I wouldn’t buy it again.

8 Likes

Next up is Strawberry Jam, which I mixed @13%, steeped for 17 days and paid for with my own money.

I thoroughly enjoy a good strawberry jam flavour and whilst this one has potential to be listed under that heading to my tastes it doesn’t quite reach the heights of OOO or VT.
At 13% it’s kind of nearly there which I found a little annoying cursing myself for not mixing it stronger. Personally I believe the jam aspect is sort of just under the surface and trying to come through,if that makes sense.I get an indication it’s there but it’s just not coming through as I’d like. I have read SessionDrummers review in which he mentioned adding some SS which makes sense to me.

Not to take anything away from it as it’s a very nice flavour and definitely more than just a standard sweet strawberry but personally I would just like to taste more actual jam,given it’s description. Perhaps I’ve overdone it again and it’s muted the jam aspect? I honestly can’t say I believe that and as mentioned think it needs to be stronger.
It’s a very nice, sweet and reasonably satisfying strawberry flavour which can easily be vaped solo and I’m sure has heaps of mixing possibilities too. The actual vape is flavoursome enough on the inhale and exhale but it’s on the aftertaste that I get the ‘almost’ jam coming through.

To summarise my opinion is it’s a pretty good sweetened strawberry that possibly pushes more into a lolly than a natural taste. However @13% I don’t think it’s a jam. Almost strawberry jam if you will. I’m certainly going to mix it stronger to see if the jam improves.
Due to it being enjoyable and the fact it’s almost there I would buy it again and give it 7.5/10 but as a strawberry jam 5/10.

10 Likes

The obvious one to continue is Strawberry Jam Butter Toast which I mixed @13% too. But that’s the problem as it was only after mixing it at this percentage and the advice given that I realised this is a one shot.
I did test it but it was very obviously WAY too weak so rather than rattle on for no reason and state the obvious I won’t offer any opinions on this one just now but will remix it a lot stronger and return with my ramblings.
Apologies for my stupidity.

4 Likes

A really good job on the Chocolate Milk one shot, I have been on it mainly for about a week now, a good old fashioned chocolate milk. Last couple of days I’ve been adding to it, trying to keep it simple.

I went through heaps of this one yesterday, wouldn’t mind a bit more coconut so might bump that up a touch.

15.00% Chocolate Milk One Shot (Flavrz)
2.00% Honeycomb (Flavrz)
4.00% Toasted Coconut (Flavrz)

May try it with rum & raisin next.

9 Likes

@Jetz Any progress on the Paan yet mate ?

4 Likes

@Jetz ^^^ and the Coconut?

4 Likes

Thanks for the inquiry, Coconut is in the queue to be listed up on our site this week, along with the updated toasted coconut. As for the Paan flavour we have emailed you back from your inquiry.

Thanks again
Flavrz

3 Likes

Can’t seem to find any replies back

4 Likes

Try the Vendor Thread for inquiries… :ok_hand:

8 Likes

Butterscotch Ripple next which I mixed @13%, steeped for 19 days and bought with my own money.

I enjoy FW Butterscotch Ripple solo mixed @12% although I believe it is loaded with ‘nasties’. Perhaps it’s those nasties that constitute it being as good? No idea but unfortunately I don’t think this one matches it. Flavrz are stating that none of their concentrates contain anything deemed as less than desirable to inhale which is commendable, especially in Australia’s current climate. Perhaps it’s due to this reason that I can’t say this one works for me.

Personally I can’t really taste much at all so it isn’t unpleasant but unfortunately it’s also pretty nondescript. The inhale gave me the slightest caramel…ish type taste and the exhale gave me a slight creaminess….ish type taste but they didn’t meet at any stage or give me Butterscotch Ripple. I’m unsure if mixing it any stronger might help as I have the unfortunate history of getting a horrible burnt taste with some caramels and the like. Perhaps I should try with this one as in its defense I’m thankfully not tasting anything similar to that. Or could it be that I’ve overdone it and it’s muting itself? Certainly wouldn’t be the first time. Flavrz website does state it can be mixed between 2-15% so if I’ve made a mistake I’m certainly open to advice.

To summarise I honestly can’t say much about this one as I simply don’t taste much. Personally I find it vapeable but boring with only the very slightest taste of butterscotch or similar with something else later which could be the creamy aspect. As stated it’s vapeable so I’m sure I’ll find a use for it probably as a base but I wouldn’t vape it solo again, at this percentage anyway. Personally I wouldn’t buy this one again and could possibly be generous giving it 4/10.

11 Likes