FLV Ginger Beer Recipe?

His recipe link explains it all.

ginger beer and root beer are 2 different things :slight_smile:

1 Like

i have vanilla ice cream from liquid barn think that could sub for the vanilla bean flv?

2 Likes

Vanilla bean is an additive… like adding a spice… who knows, but try it and find out… unless you have it tho, hard call… but anyways…

2 Likes

oh i missed that thanks for pointing that out makes sense now

3 Likes

If you want an actual beer with ginger tho, like from the farmer’s market… mine is a lot closer to that. even tho ginger is yes a root type, root beer is from the sassafras tree, while ginger beer is from ginger spice [fine ground ginger], yeast and cane sugar. :smile:

Also you might want to read up on it… found this, might help explain a bit better on ginger…

https://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-difference-between-ginger-ale-and-ginger-beer-222925

2 Likes

nice vid, what type of RDA is he using where he can test one after another, wouldnt the last flavor he tried still be on the cotton?

2 Likes

Yep thats the difference im after. My fams from the UK , and the old school British ginger beer is a lot different than most commercial ones here in the states. Even though the ginger beer Im after is non alcoholic, Im wondering if this unique taste comes from some type of fermentation. I saw in an english recipe that cream of tartar is used aka potassium hydrogen tartrate or tartaric acid , not sure how that could be represented in an ejuice mix but might be why the lime works well.

2 Likes

it is a video series, and last time Christopher and I talked he wants to redo them… I think he says what he is using somewhere in the videos, where, I can’t tell you that atm…

is why I added the yakima hops. ginger beer. :smile:

2 Likes

So I tried the ginger beer recipe and it tastes like ginger ale, lime was way to strong, and the ginger way weak. Going to try the yakima and bump up the ginger and cut the lime in half, and probably not use the rootbeer at all

3 Likes

That is why I said try them all as solos first… get a feel for the flavors, yourself…
You might not like it where I do… kick out what you do not want… add in what you think… only after a solo first! This is the best part… customizing things for yourself, not based on anyone else… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

yea I did try them as solos like in the vid, I was just giving the initial recipe a try

2 Likes

I love ginger beer. I usually keep a four pack in the fridge. Can’t wait to find out how the recipe turns out. And, of course, more flavors now to add to the shopping list.

3 Likes

Im determind to make a nice one for my ADV. My favorite ginger beer is Stones Original. I really think SmokyBlues sudgestion of the hops is going to work well, so looking forward to getting the order I placed for it. Next attempt is going to be something like this: Ginger (flv) Yakima Hops (flv) Honey (FA) Ethyl matol tpa, sour tpa, Lime (flv)

2 Likes

Ginger Beer’s biggest fan. Mmm Chartreuse Liqueur and Ginger Beer …amazing. I’ve vaped DOM B&B at straight 10% (actual liqueur) …wondering now about whipping up a nice Chartreuse Mule vape.

[Disclaimer: Kids don’t try this, it’s UNhealthy to vape all those food colorings and sugars]

@anon58232632 Honey (FA) might not be the sweet flavor you’re looking for, but Stevia < 0.50% makes for maximum sugary sweetness. Fizz? No Champagne (TPA)? …or Cream Soda (TPA) (Vanilla-ey)? @anon84779643 does Flavorah make any such fizzy flavors? Did I see a Chartreuse flavoring available (Amoretti)?

3 Likes

I was thinking about adding the champagne for the mouthfeel but Ive never been a fan of the taste so didnt want to have to deal with all that. Unless it can be used in low % just for fiz and not flavor then It might be a nice addition. Ive never tried it.

I thought the honey might give it some body with the hops coupled with the ethyl for the sweetness.

Im a bit unsure about vanilla soda rootbeers etc because from the original recipe I felt those flavors really muted the ginger and seemed unecessary.

3 Likes

I would skip the em… and I would not use fa honey or anything fa…

Ugg no fa… agrees with @BoDarc… no stevia… you just do not need sweeteners with flv… and if you do, stick with the sweetness… you will never go back to the other sweeteners… at all…

Cola is coming out and omg if they do not hurry up, I will jump ship @Flavorah!!!
The new flavors I hope will be out by end of month, but do not hold me to it… there is one flavor snag and I really hope they get it sorted… It’s the most important one, go figure!!! :sob:

So hang in… it won’t be as long as it has been… best I can tell us all…

I will say, you just dont need the fizzy with the hops… I would add in ice… love love that additive… 1-3 bottle drops per 30ml

If you want “body” or mouth feel… add .2% marshmallow… and the best vanilla to use is smooth vanilla. I keep a 4oz bottle of certain flavors and that is one of them.

3 Likes

Experimented with some other flavor companies, had better results with a different ginger. Honey worked quite well actually. Was able to find that english ginger beer aftertaste I was looking for without the hops. Skipped the marshmellow, Ive never experienced mouthfeel from it. Dont care for that Ice enhancer, always gave me a burning lung feeling, and original ginger beer that Im used to is served room temp so. Current recipe isn’t using any flavorah flavors so wont continue the thread. Taste is definitely “subjective”!

3 Likes

RF SC Soda Base might be what you are looking for as far as a fizz effect goes.

3 Likes

(vTA) fizzy sherbet below 1% gives fizz above that and the fizz turns into a citrus sorbet. Versatile flavor in my opinion.

(VTA) creaming soda is a excellent cream soda and does have fizz on its own, but can be amplified with the sherbet.

I don’t know if any of that falls works with your idea/recipe. Just throwing these out there, if you’re still looking for flavors to play with.

2 Likes

I’d love to know what amounts and flavors you used from flavorah to see where you took it…
Some folks do have issues with mouth feel… its all a part of body chemistry etc… but call me curious… :slight_smile:

1 Like