Food For Thought

:confused: Any ideas why some tanks have so much flavor and some dont? It seem that most tanks follow the same design, but the flavor and vapor really varies from tank to tank. Are there any sure fire ways to spot a great tank? Iā€™d like to hear any thoughts and how you decide which tank to buy. :confused:

Alright, come on Drip, would you really want things that easyā€¦lol. I think we all know the answer to this question. Wait till others try it and review the tank. Though air flow is important the single most important thing is the coil and wicking. In the case of rebuildables you can not tell by a picture how easy to build and wick your RTAs or for instance a RDA like the Freakshow mini that needs a build .5 or better in order to not dry hit. How can you tell this by a picture. What of the non buildables. How can you possibly know anything about the coils without trying it personally. Sure fire, not a possiblity with a picture. After seeing the Freakshow Mini, not willing to say it can be sure fire if you have it in your hands. Though we think the Freakshow Mini is a good tank (after learning itā€™s secrets) who knew at first the small size made for so much heat inside that it would dry hit all the time with a normal build. Build at .5 and worked like a champā€¦If you find a sure fire way, please pass it onā€¦

2 Likes

I found that not all reviews are reliable because some vapors favor a certain brand. I guess Iā€™m looking for what process is used in making your decision to buy a tank. Maybe there is no sure fire way to determine how a tank will performā€¦ but there are some things that will make a person say ā€œno way Iā€™m buying this thingā€. Ultimately somebody has to be first to buy it. Should everyone depend on how that individual feels about his/her purchase. Iā€™m sure there is some thought process involved in your decision to go or not go.

This is the type of info Iā€™m searching for.

I guess Iā€™m kinda like @MixedUp1ā€¦ looking for a diamond in the rough.

1 Like

Know what you mean. Not only that, most reviews are of a product that has not been in the reviewers hands no more than a day. Sure they like it at that time but how do they like it when the product craps out 48 hours later. Too late, you already reviewed it favorably and itā€™s all over the internet. My, my, arenā€™t you silly. Think about the new Aspire mod. Within 30 days a whole lot of them stuck on 11 watts and could no longer be adjusted. Many people said they liked them and many reviews were favorable. I no longer buy all things that come along for the shop. In many cases it has proven to be the best decision. I honestly feel it has never hurt me waiting just a bit the avoid the fallout of a BAD product. Who need that sh_t!

2 Likes

I think because some vapors prefer a certain brand or type it is over hyped because itā€™s new and has not been widely reviewed. It may have a ton of excellent features but fall short on the one feature you want so much. Iā€™d like see more of a comparison to other similar products to see exactly how it ranks.

2 Likes

That would be nice, grantedā€¦

1 Like

I was just thinking about adding that to my reviews , going back a month in and updating my review with additional info about problems I may have run into. I think after a week of hard vaping on a new tank or mod is sufficient to make an honest review of a product , but I do agree that your opinion should be updated after a time if you do find anything you missed or if you realized that the product is actually a pos.

2 Likes

Also with the shitty reliability of a lot of electronics that come out of China you canā€™t really blame the reviewer for craps manufacturing . Look at the I stick 50, people raved and a lot of units crapped out quick but others are still going strong . For this reason itā€™s always better to buy from a company that has gr at service that will stand by the product . I donā€™t think the reviewer can sit and vape on a product for a month, look at how quick new gear is coming out .

1 Like

And look how quick we are buying it !!!:smiley:

2 Likes

That certainly is a true statement. The one thing Iā€™m speaking about is the add-on statements of overly exaggerating how good a product really is. Sometimes the reviewers go to far and not really listing all the consā€¦ the 10 out of 10. If I hear that than I expect it to be flawless. I like how you rate a product in categories so if what your looking for is not rated high with that product then I know itā€™s not for me.

Iā€™m very guilty of that. I guess you have to take the bad with good and vape on.

1 Like

Ya I try and break it down and just be honest . The last tank I reviewed I didnā€™t really like but it did have some good points so I couldnā€™t condemn it totally . For the most part though , the gear I have reviewed is still all working great and I havenā€™t felt the need to go back and touch up my thoughts.

2 Likes

According to the info this new-be has gathered here and there the chimney has a lot to do with it too. It seems that a long narrow chimney gives you more flavour than a short wide open one. Right now Iā€™m vaping the Lemo, (yes I know I shouldnā€™t have a 5 ml tank :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) and the flavour is excellent.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with a lemo !! Or a lemo drop !

1 Like

I really like the lemo. I have a couple of kayfuns but the airflow on the lemo is much better and so is the price!

If you like Kayfuns but donā€™t like the airflow you should try a taifun gt v2 ā€¦some good clones on FT . Amazing flavor and maybe just a bit less airy than a lemo

1 Like

I have a pile of sub ohm tanks that canā€™t touch my taifun for flavor at 1- 1.4 ohm

Thanks for the tip. I will check that one out. Just checked, the price is good too and a 5 ml tank. Will order, thatā€™s another vapemail to look forward to!

When you get it drop me a line . Wicking is a bit weird at first ā€¦I can save you some dry hits!!

1 Like

Sure will. Ships in 3 business days so it be awhile. Donā€™t want any of them dry hits, thatā€™s like smoking!

1 Like

Got my Taifun today! This is the easiest deck to build on I have encountered. They always go on about how easy it is to build on a Kayfun but this thing traps wire under screws like nothing else I have. The flavour is marvellous and thanks to your tips, no dry hits or flooding. I am a very happy customer today!
Still waiting for the Lemo Drop now, they shipped it a day later then the Taifun but it is still in limbo somewhere at Singapore post. Nothing can spoil my mood at this moment though, not even the DOA iStick they send me to replace my other DOA iStick. :relaxed:

2 Likes