Free Choice Vaping in Australia is dead

9 Likes

It’s very sad news indeed and many people will be affected.

7 Likes

7 Likes

Very sad to hear this @Sevencasper …

4 Likes

Damn that sucks

5 Likes

Another email from another vendor… apparent the bill still has to pass but I really don’t hold much hope of it not passing :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Apparently Labor got the Greens to support the bill by “watering down” the bill. Vapes will still only be available in pharmacies but a prescription will no longer be required.

5 Likes

Ugh, what kind of vapes will those be? Who will be making them? What a wacked idea. But then what can you expect from politicians who don’t know their ass from their elbow?

6 Likes

There’s a special list of TGA approved vaping products.
Flavours are limited to Tobacco, Mint and Menthol.

https://www.tga.gov.au/products/unapproved-therapeutic-goods/vaping-hub/table/list-notified-vapes

There are a few vaporesso & Geekvape products in the list, I believe they are pod style but i haven’t had a hard look.

Oh I just had a look. We’re allowed to buy an actual mod :joy: vaporesso gen 80, I have that. Aren’t we lucky!

Problem is I’m pretty sure the new regs state they can’t advertise.
So how do you find the gear you need? Do a ring around, drive around. No good for me I live in the sticks :joy:
Lucky I stocked up like most regular Vapers :+1:

8 Likes

Terrible news. Completely senseless, terrible news.

6 Likes

I won’t be vaping that shit, every now and then I’ve had a mint vape but never tobacco or menthol.

Same, I will survive but already know of people who’ve gone back to ciggies, their whole plan in action. All that tax they are missing out on. Pity no one buys leggit anymore, it’s all chop chop or chinese ones. Taxed themselves out of the market. :rofl:

7 Likes

I feel like a zebra standing helpless among the herd on a river bank, while the crocs take down a brethren and wondering what do we do? How do we turn these politicians and bureaucrats into vegetarians? Facts and logic just don’t seem to be working :rage:

7 Likes

That is a very good comparison.
Helpless among the herd about sums it up.

5 Likes

What does TGA stand for, The Government Approves? :rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah, I feel bad for the newbs. The innocent ones who just want to stop smoking. It really sets my hair on fire that these governments and Big Corp just want our tobacco taxes and to hell with our health and lives. They knew all along that if parents smoked so would their children and they were right. Now that they’re seeing parents and their children vaping they are totally threatened. And to be clear, their children are adults. Eh, I’m just ranting again.

7 Likes

Therapeutic Goods Administration.
Australian version of your FDA.

7 Likes

Any version of the FDA can’t be a good thing.

6 Likes

I’ve just read the amended vaping bill has passed 33-26.
Have to wait to see what the actual details are but one thing for sure it’s not going to be any better than it is currently.

Edit… should say was yesterday

3 Likes

Just found this link posted in reddit, now we know who Not to vote for….

4 Likes

Surprised Jacqui Lambie voted for it but I’m with you.
I’d love to know what deals were struck but either way it’ll be a cold day in hell when I vote for any of them. I was a labor man and unionist but Labor can go jump on a sharp stick forever after this.
Albo is useless anyway but that’s no excuse for this shit.

5 Likes