Free rayon

I’ve been using rayon cotton for wicking more and more frequently and the more I use it, the better I get at using it and the more comfortable I am using it on any and every build. So I bought a larger amount for a very affordable price. The package came in today and when UPS set the box on the counter, I thought “I’m not expecting anything large”

Anyway…to the point of this thread/offer:
If anyone out there hasn’t tried rayon and would like to, PM me and I will send you a zip lock bag full of it absolutely free. I’ll even pay shipping. And when you get it, if I can be of help in getting you started, as in tips on usage, I will do what I can.
If anyone out there is strapped for cash and you need some wicking material, PM me and I will send you a zip lock bag filled with rayon, free of charge and again, I will pay shippping.
Here is why…this box of rayon I bought at a very affordable price…my Vaporshark and Griffin for scale:

This box is filled with rayon…
This is a serious offer.

25 Likes

Are you sure, looks like you may run out lol.

5 Likes

Buddy of mine bought a box like that last year. He gave me a zip lock bag full. Between my bag of Colton bacon and my bag of rayon I’m good for life! Thx for the offer though!

1 Like

Are you absolutely sure that rayon? Went to the site and that number is listed under cotton.
RE: http://www.grahambeauty.com/Product/Product.aspx?mapid=399
I have some 44060 and it says “100% Rayon Fibers” on the box.

4 Likes

thanks for the heads up, brother!
i originally ordered the 44043, which is the rayon. and you caught on that i received the 44045. i didnt even think to match up the numbers. i have contacted both amazon AND grahambeauty to rectify this error.
all mails will be suspended until this is remedied. when this is right, mails will go out.
thanks, @Brotherbob1!!!

5 Likes

Ok, guys and gals…“family”…
We are back up and running…the proper box of rayon has been secured, so orders will resume and packages will be sent. I have a boat-load of rayon and, in addition, I secured 5 baggies filled with cotton of the wrong item. So if anyone needs cotton, I have 5 baggies…otherwise, rayon for the masses:

Ipv5 and mutation x mt-rta for scale, lol…:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yep, that’s rayon. One main advantage about rayon, it resist scorching.
Kudos for your generosity, I’m sure most folks will appreciate the offer.

4 Likes

first group of packages have been sent!

5 Likes

what do the actual pieces look like? I’m just curious. not in need. already have a ridiculously large bag of japanese cotton squares that would just depress me if i got into a different sort of wick. :persevere:

2 Likes

It is not in pieces…it’s just like on the box: one super long piece…1 roll, if you would…

4 Likes

I bought a 500 ft sized box, and I bet it’s less than half of what you have. There must be almost 1/4 mile of wick in your box…lol.

I switched to rayon about a month ago. I like it. Like Brotherbob1 mentioned, seems much more forgiving in the scorching department.

Very nice of you to share :+1:

3 Likes

Second bunch of packages went out today. First bunch of packages are arriving at destinations across the US as we speak.
More going out tomorrow. Anybody need some rayon, PM an address and it will be sent! Don’t be shy! It’s my pleasure!

3 Likes

Just got mine today. You sent enough to last quite awhile. It seems that there is no break in with this stuff. Nice full flavor from hit one. I like it.
Thank you!

3 Likes

I would also like to share this:
I’ve been playing around with the rayon in attempts to find that “sweet spot” we all desire.
I have been trying out wicking with less than normal amounts and have found that using less than snug in the coil and thinned out frayed tails actually works better…it juices up better, faster and allows for richer vapor. This stuff is amazing and I am sending everyone who asks plenty to try out different methods without worrying about running out. So share your thoughts!!

5 Likes

Right??? This stuff is like a flavor delivery system!

3 Likes

Hell yeah it is. I’ll try it with less wick on the next one. I have 4mm coils pretty tightly packed right now and it’s working great!

1 Like

Yes! Definitely try less on the next one…you have to find out yourself!
What are you using it in?
I ask, because I haven’t dripped in quite some time, so I have only experienced rayon with my tanks. So all advice, tips and help I’m offering is for tanks. I’m not saying it won’t work with drippers, I just don’t have any experience. I’m sure it would, though.
Maybe @BoyHowdy can help. He is the one that sent me my first bag of rayon and I believe he drips

3 Likes

SS 316 dual coils on a Temple RDA. I’ll try it on the TFV4 once it’s empty and see how well it does there. I’m sure I’ll be impressed.

4 Likes

Glad too see everyone giving the rayon a try.I agree with @Whiterose0818 , I find it best to make the fit snug but not enough friction to pull the coils when threading it through.He is also spot on about after getting the wick cut to length spend an extra 10 seconds with pointed tweezers combing and separating the fibers so it flares out like bell bottoms where the ends lay on the deck of your RDA.
You will have to experiment on the length but I usually like to have about 1/4" or 6mm on both ends of the wick touching the deck .I try and have one end going under or in front of the coil and the other facing the other coil when using dual coils.On single coil builds I just let each end lay on the deck making sure the ends are not touching each other.

5 Likes

Thanks for the tips. Will give that a shot.

4 Likes