FW Iced tea any good?

Hi everyone.

I’m on the hunt for good iced tea ingredients and see that FW offers and iced tea. Does anyone have experience with this ingredient as I’m wanting to make a peach ice tea liquid. I’ve heard sweet tea by TFA/TPA is a good one, but I’m not able to source it here in South Africa.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

4 Likes

I’ve not tried FW iced tea but have just tested SSA black tea and found it very good. However when I tried TFA sweet tea I found it almost tasteless.
I too am chasing a good peach tea and am sure that SSA black tea with JF honey peach will fit the bill. I can’t say with any certainty as I haven’t mixed it yet but going from my SFTs that’s where I’m going anyway. I am going to try this first;

Honey Peach (JF). 1.75%
Black Tea (SSA). 1%

A simple but hopefully effective recipe. It probably will take some experimentation but I am optimistic. I live in Australia so I’m aiming for something similar to a drink we have called Liptons Peach Tea just to be clear.

3 Likes

That FW Ice Tea is fairly good I tested @ 6% and it had a decent iced tea flavor. I did end up backing it up with 1% VTA Black Tea for more punch in a peach iced tea recipe. The TPA is good if used around 10% I usually pair TPA with FLV Lemon Tea.

2 Likes

@SkinnyboyDre Are you after a concentrate which has the flavour of iced tea or is it one which needs to have ‘ice’? Also, which kind of iced tea are you after? There are countless variants, some which are a tad mad. I find Mrs. Squirrel’s love of iced black tea and condensed with milk semolina and taro balls baffling.

4 Likes

Hey there @SquirrelSmash. We have a commercial juice here by the name of 8ball (Yes, like the billiards) which has a really great peach iced tea vape juice. I haven’t really equated or compared it to a beverage, but instantly tasted what it was supposed to be and it is divine. I’m just looking to maybe make something similar.

2 Likes

Hey @McDuckie. Thanks for the feedback.

I don’t have VTA black tea, but I do have FLV black tea. the FLV version is quite earthy, so it may just work at around .5%. I’ll give it a go and see if it works.

2 Likes

Hey @Gazza7 . it’s not a specific beverage I’m looking to imitate, but more just the idea. We also have the Lipton’s here in SA, and it’s quite a pleasant drink.

I’m more trying to duplicate or imitate/clone/remix a vape juice we have here by a company called 8ball. Their peach ice tea is really damn nice, but a little too icy and costly for me.

3 Likes

It would probably work great because it’s just to boost the tea flavor of the iced tea.

2 Likes

I believe so, yes. It is extremely floral and earthy, almost aromatic anywhere above 1% as I’ve come to realize. My first mix with it was the FLV black tea and CAP juicy lemon @ 1.5% each. For it to just about drown out the lemon was rather surprising to me.

2 Likes

I checked the ingredients for this Lipton blend and fused it with my memories of their teas: They oddly always tend to appear in hotels. From that, I pondered an experimental blend:

The two peaches are there to hit the core and mid-notes, the Red and Lemon Teas are there to add depth to the Black and give a muddled acidity that goes with many iced teas. Finally, the Persimmon is to add a touch more body to it and to bridge the gap between the other flavours.

7 Likes

Pulled my peach tea recipe out of the archive.
I started a combo of FW Iced tea and TPA Sweet Tea. Then I added a slightly more earthy tea flavor with VT Black Tea (you can sub FLV Black Tea @ .5%). Next to flavor the tea I used a combo of TPA Peach Juicy and VT Apricot (sub FA Apricot) the apricot brings a syrupy vibe to the peach. I used TPA Peach (Juicy) because I didn’t want the peach to be too forward I wanted the tea as the main note with peach an accent. FA white peach @2% would work also though may be slightly more forward. Then just some SS and a touch of cooling from ws23 (1 drop).

Apricot (VTA) 0.50
Black Tea (VTA) 1.00
Cooling Agent (WS-23) 0.01
Iced Tea (FW) 6.00
Peach (Juicy) (TPA) 3.00
Super Sweet (Purilum) 0.25
Sweet Tea (TPA) 5.24

8 Likes

This looks really good.I don’t have all these ingredients but it may be worth the purchase.

2 Likes

Maybe you want to try this one:

It has some nice reviews and I heard a lot of positive feedback about it.

5 Likes

Thanks for this @SteveTC

4 Likes

You didn’t reply directly to a post, so @McDuckie and myself don’t know who’s going to help with the testing process.

2 Likes

Sorry @SquirrelSmash, but I don’t have most of those ingredients and have already placed my order. I have however saved the recipe that @SteveTC posted to try after my next order.

4 Likes

Don’t worry about it - We only care about people having a blend they enjoy. The Eisai Tea (FLV) in that one helps it to shine.

3 Likes

Thank you @SquirrelSmash . I will also mess around with my peach flavourings along with the FW iced tea and see if I can come up with a decent tasting peach iced tea.

2 Likes

Though remember that you will need to increase the flavours when you ‘ice’ it.

2 Likes

What is milk semolina? Never heard of it.

4 Likes