FW- Natural Butterscotch or Butterscotch?

I feel your pain @vonTrueso i recently found a good mix, I used Butterscotch (FW) and Butterscotch (LA) together. As with a lot of flavours, i think mixing (FW) BS with other flavours really brings out that rich Butterscotch note, for example LA Butterscotch, White choc “real” flavour concentrates and (FA) Caramel.
I used -
LA BS 1.25%
FW BS 1.25%
FA Caramel .8
REAL White choc 1.5%
Makes a good combination, and the best i found so far, on to that i added 4% V Custard v1 and 2%whipped cream TFA.
Its a creamy BS Custard, and the most authentic i have made so far to what i consider a good butterscotch.

4 Likes

Thank you @Cloudnine1! I appreciate your suggestion… Sounds positive! Can you recommend a sub for the Real WC? I haven’t come across Real flavors over here in Oz. I do have INW milk chocolate… ad a bit more cream to that perhaps?..

I am in au and there are a couple of distributors

http://www.cloudchaser.com.au/product-category/diy-mixing/natural-flavour-extracts

I prefer to buy direct it works out cheaper (the shipping is from real is a bit exy) my next order i will use aust post shopmate

1 Like

Cool woftam!.. thats good to know… THX!
I’ve avoided ecl like the plaque (til now). When I started vaping 18mths ago, they wanted $75 for a Nautilus mini & $120 for an iStick 30 :flushed: - everything was at least twice the price of vapeking or vapoureyes. Good to see they’ve found their way into the real (honest) world! I’ll give em a go. ShopMate looks interesting too - I’ll look into that! THX again!

1 Like

I haven’t used INW milk choc, i have some on order, i also haven’t used but hear TFA white choc is pretty good, saying that, most “good” choc concentrates will probably work with butterscotch, just be careful how much you add, some are quite strong flavours and easily over power the rest. you just need a hint of choc to compliment the BS and caramels sorry cant be more helpful, I’ve not used a lot of chocolates till recently. however, i would say that using a milk choc as apposed to a white choc is going to give you quite a different recipe, but it should still be tasty. if you do use the INW milk choc i’d love to hear your results.

1 Like

Thanks for your advise @Cloudnine1![quote=“Cloudnine1, post:45, topic:94111”]
INW milk choc, i have some on order
[/quote]

I’d be surprised if you didnt love it. I’m no choc expert - I’ve only tried 5 or so, but this stuff is by far the best I’ve tried!

1 Like

For a good butterscotch flavor I use fw butterscotch 3% fw salted caramel 2.5% and fa jamaican rhum 1% then add tpa bavarian cream 4.25% flv vanilla pudding 1.25% and cap french vanilla .5 and steep for 10 days.the rhum has brown sugar and slightly buttery flavor that I belive really helps out butterscotch flavor.I wouldnt really call it rhum.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @78d06404a6f37f2806d2

1 Like