ELR Home   Create recipe   Resource page   My recipes/favorites

Game Changer Assembly and New User Instructions

I should have published this long ago. Some minor changes were in progress so I decided to send these individually. Then of course I usually space it. :upside_down_face:

I designed these to be very easy and user friendly. Shown is a Dremel 4000 but the RTX and Tacklife fittings are very similar.

Pictured is the GC as you will receive it. The single black part will be taped in taped inside the housing for shipping. I call this the drive adapter. Remove every thing from the nose of your rotary tool including the collet and collet nut and screw the drive adapter onto the threaded spindle until it seats. (Stops)

Edit: @lukeloop kindly posted a parts diagram below. Remove parts 14,15, and 23 from the “nose.”

Next screw the black housing onto the plastic threads on the Dremel:

Insert the homogenizer into the housing and lock in place with the thumbscrew.

That’s all there is to it. However, clean it first thing. I have cleaned it and ran it in a alcohol solution and there may be residue. Besides, some postal worker might have sneezed on it :sweat_smile:

Cleaning is very easy. Insert something like a mod screwdriver or allen key through 2 of the 6 lower ports (holes). This will keep the rotor from turning while you unscrew the driveshaft form the rotor. You hold the black drive adapter and unscrew the driveshaft. The driveshaft will lift out the top. The rotor out the bottom. I use a small bottle brush or just run under hot tap water.

Pictured are the parts:

On top is the stator tube and bearing housing. On the bottom left to right is the rotor, driveshaft, a Teflon washer (must be used) and the lower half of the drive. Never loosen the grub screw in the drive adapter.

Reassembly is of course the reverse.

For cleaning between mixes I simply run the unit slow in a glass of distilled water. I disassemble and clean and dry after the mix session.
Enjoy and feel free to ask any question any time.

5 Likes

I can be reached via Gamechanger1952@yahoo.com by anyone.

5 Likes

The reason for distilled?

1 Like

Here I go again: :grimacing: :laughing:

Its unlikely that more than 2 or 3 drops remain. I don’t think its really necessary but is what I prefer to use. It’s one of my quirks that I should probably not mention and yes I’m what most consider a health nut. I’m very careful about what I eat and drink. I’m also diabetic.

Distilled is the cleanest and purest followed closely by reverse osmosis which labs have hard time telling the two apart. I’m in Indiana where we are in the bottom 10 states for water quality. I don’t drink tap water even though I have my own 430 feet deep well. I never drink from a municipal system. I’m surrounded by farmlands and watch them dump tanker-loads of chemicals on the fields. I distill my own water with countertop units and use it for cooking and drinking and have for more than 20 years. I take mineral and other supplements.

Other than purity there is no other benefit that I know of.

1 Like

No worries, I completely empathize with you on that. It’s just that we happen to have one of the cleanest water sources for a metro area. The tap water is safe and tastes good. I drink it.

1 Like

Here is a link to the Dremel 4000 parts. e.g if you don’t know what a collet is like me it helps. https://www.toolspareparts.com.au/dremel-4000-f013400049-spare-parts.html
Also a video on how to remove the collet https://www.toolspareparts.com.au/dremel-4000-f013400049-spare-parts.html

3 Likes

Got mine today… so, excited to use it… thank you so, much!!

5 Likes

That’s great. I saw earlier today that it was out for delivery. Please let me know if you have any questions. :+1:

2 Likes

I do actually have one… question… what is the extra ring for with the plastic screw?
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Its used as a depth stop. Set it where the tube is 1/2 to 2/3 down in the bottle. It makes it easier to just rest on the bottle opening.

2 Likes

Hi kndabutch :smiley: I got mine just about a week ago and and it’s already changing my mixing world. I’m sure you’re going to love it.

3 Likes

ahhh… makes sense. ok thank you

3 Likes

There’s only one problem with having so many recipes available this fast…now I have to either clean out or set up more attys:facepalm:. The madness never ends (and that’s fine with me:tongue:)

4 Likes