Get before they are gone (DIYFS)

Personally, I was disappointed with the HV V2 in comparison to the original, but the Holy Ressurection is bomb.
There will be several now V2s available soon that will be in a new news blast as soon as they are available.

3 Likes

@LianazVapin I thought Gooey butter cake wasnā€™t going to be discontinued?!

3 Likes

Talk about a conflict here, first I got news Gooey Butter Cake would go to a V2, then not discontinued, then yes, it went to V2! So sorry for the mix up peeps! I am just the messenger, not an employee, and my life is busy too, but I do my best.
Good news is I do have Gooey Butter Cake V2 and am going to do SFTs soon. (I still have a huge bottle of the original.) I did use the V2 in one of my recipes to compare with the original and am waiting on it to steep out. Off the shake, it tastes good, but time will tell, and so will the community.

Again, my apologies for changing information that was given to me.

6 Likes

Well Iā€™m not mad at you or anything, thank you for what you do for this community. Iā€™m just very disappointed because I was not able to stock up on that flavor due to the miscommunication.

I just hope the V2 is good. I will have to pick up a few V2ā€™s to compare to the originals.

Luckily I still have about 3oz of the V1, so I will have to make it last. Thanks again.

5 Likes

Oh damn, this is what i get for not checking in here often enough. I was going through some of Silhouettes recipes and saw one with holy holy grail ry4 and went to buy it and saw only a v2. Now come to find out holy vanillas gone too?! Oh no. I think i have maybe 15 ml left.
Anybody else have any comments about the v2 of the ry4 and the holy res?

3 Likes

The Holy Vanilla v2 was scrapped shortly after the resurrection hit the shelves - I donā€™t have the resurrection but the v2 wasnā€™t a shade on the v1.

5 Likes

Just to clarify, theyā€™re bringing the v1 back?

2 Likes

Nope gone for good. Holy Resurrection is the replacement

4 Likes

I never got to try v1 but I heard it was such a fabulous flavor and v2 was just as good if not better than v1. So I was bold and got a 50ml of the v2ā€¦ am not impressed at all. It could be that I wouldnā€™t have liked the v1 either but Iā€™m back on the coil killing RY4 Double from TPA and Iā€™m still sitting on 48 or 49ml of that stuff.
Taste is subjective, YMMV

5 Likes

I was lucky enough to score a couple 30ml bottles of Holy V before it went away. Havenā€™t tried the v2 or resurrection to compare.

2 Likes

Our household is never without a full 4 oz bottle of the stuff, direct from TFA; staple of my spouseā€™s eliquid creations.

ā€¦went for the 8oz supply on both counts; HV & HHG. Should last us a while, the way we mix and consume.

That mantra should be forever pinned at the top of this forum! :rofl:

6 Likes

I contemplated it, but Iā€™m also mixing for a friend who only vapes on it so I went straight for a 500ml. Just a lot more economical.
Itā€™s not the strongest concentrate and I know next year itā€™ll all be gone. Iā€™ve got some other 10ml concentrates that Iā€™ve had for years and never seem to endā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m probably not really helping you here since Iā€™m sitting on 180ml of the V1šŸ¤­. I dont use it like a ry4 as much as a creamy vanilla type additive. The unique thing with the V1 is the way its layering really pops @2%. If you go higher itā€™s a bulk flavor but when used low the layers individually pop really well. This is a light flavor so it takes a little effort building a recipe around it so you donā€™t squash the layering. Im taking the time to pass this on to you since I know you to be a tester and if the V2 shares any of these properties you can figure it out!

6 Likes

lol
well, iā€™ve got so much of the stuff left and a couple of empty test bottles, might as well give it another go :smiley:

Cheers :dash:

4 Likes

Is holy resurrection available in the UK or somewhere in Europe yet?

3 Likes

Not yet but I believe Chefs may be getting it in

6 Likes

Thanks for the feedback everybody. Yea, @Kinnikinnick @anon28032772 i keep a 4oz of tpa ry4double myself for a clone of a pistachio ry4 i found in this forum. They also use fa soho but when i ran out of that, i subbed in hangsens sweet tobacco to great effect, imo. Went to reup on that after this only to see that nicriver/riversupply doesnt carry that anymore! Haā€¦ sighs. Gotta stay up on things or miss out!

4 Likes

Has there been enough consensus among all of you discussing Holy Grail Ry4 v2 and can I get the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Thank you.

6 Likes

Okay. Can anyone hear talk to me about DIYFSā€™s 4 different caramels because I emailed them and I got squat. Well, not squat but nothing in detail about what theyā€™re called and why they differ from each other? The rep just affirmed the one I knew called AR Caramel but didnā€™t tell me what AR meant even after I asked. What up wit dat?

5 Likes

AR means its from their Flavors Array line, other than that I hav no other info to offer about it.

5 Likes