Getting a strong caramel

Question for all you smart peeps out there: What would you add from my stash (if possible! http://e-liquid-recipes.com/publicstash/57953 , or not from my stash is fine too, I can always buy more… :wink: ) to FA caramel to make a nice rich straight up caramel sauce recipe? Thanks!

1 Like

I’ll add that caramel at 3% isn’t there, and adding 1% DX brown sugar is a little closer I think, but definitely not what I’m thinking of yet.

1 Like

How about adding some Butter Cream Cap to get a caramelized buttery taste to it…

4 Likes

Ooh, butter, yes. And that’s already on my to-buy list!

4 Likes

Dulce De Leche (TFA) is a nice smooth caramel sauce. I mix this 50/50 with Carmel Candy (FW) for a Caramel Apple Cider recipe that I have been working on. It tastes very good. I’m still trying to find a sweeter apple to mix with Fuji though.

5 Likes

I recently got some Vienna Cream which smelled a bit like caramel when I mixed up the test sample. I haven’t tasted it yet but at least you already have it to try.

4 Likes

From your stash I’d give it a shot of Vienna Cream it’ll be light rich creamy sweet caramel sauce… @ 1-1.25%

You know I think HIC’s said adding butterscotch FA to Caramel FA makes it more bakery like and more saucy …hmmm there’s your excuse mama buy some buterscotch FA :wink:

3 Likes

Ok! Don’t have to tell me twice! :wink:

2 Likes

I love LA Butter Rum with my caramel, gives it that extra buttery brown sugary taste…so yummy!

5 Likes

That sounds delicious

1 Like

I know you don’t have some of these flavors but I am posting this for you if you would like to try this in the future.

This is a flavor base I use for my personal recipes so I don’t have to mix so many flavorings building this caramel sauce into a recipe. Someone on reddit long ago gave me their mix on this and I tuned it to what I like. You may want to try what you like with it some time. This is private and normally I don’t post these, I typed it into ELR just to share this with you since caramel sauce seems to be the subject,

This is a very rich caramel sauce and you may want to drop a flavor or percentage.

5 Likes

Ok…dumb question how do you work the math to just make a single serving?

1 Like

9 Likes

Wow, thanks! That gives me a lot of flavors to think about! I really would like a nice well rounded caramel base so that 1)I can vape straight caramel :heart_eyes: and 2) I can add it to other things like apple, pear, ice cream, etc. This looks very much along the lines of what I’m trying to achieve.

3 Likes

Wam’o. Will be mixing this recpie Saturday. I’ll have to swap caramel cap for FA and probably use 1%. I think this may hit the spot for a simple/complicated butterscotch/caramel vape.

3 Likes

FA stark flavor tastes like apple juice. That might be worth a shot trying.

2 Likes

TFA DX Caramel Original is a buttery caramel flavor. I use this with my hazelnut cream recipe. Although I haven’t tried it myself, I’ve heard that FW Salted Caramel is pretty amazing.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I’ll give it a shot.

2 Likes

I’ve heard good things about fuji apple. What apple flavors have you tried so far?

2 Likes

Fuji is really really good. Just not alone, it needs other supporting flavors. I have tried that, fa stark, and Real Flavors apple raw extract.

3 Likes