Getting Started: Nicotine error when saving recipe

Hey All started vaping 9 days ago and as I live in Korea I’m done buying Ejuice here after two bottles. Korean one tastes like pepto bismol and the craft one from the US was 40,000won (36usd). When you buy nicotine here it’s a little confusing. I bought this 1ml bottle that is diluted to 56% or 560mg/ml (Guy at the shop said put 8 drops in to start. This is normal for Koreas to just trust what one guy says in a shop but I’m a little more concerned with how much nicotine I’m getting.) So It’s time to DIY. When I try and copy a recipe and get the weights right for my nicotine, I keep getting this strange error saying something about my nicotine strength having to be between 0 and 255 but my nicotine strength is 560. Any assistance whould be great I want to start planning out some recipes before everything gets here.

560mg/ml… WOW

“pure nicotine has 990 mg / ml”

Buy some normal nicotine, i wouldnt even handle that bottle without thick gloves…

100mg/ml MAX for home endeavours…

1 Like

As I’m sure you read in my post I’m in Korea. This is what they have.

Just dilute it further, if you add 2ml of PG to it you’ve got 186.6, say 187mg/ml. The calculator will work for you then. Success :grinning:

5 Likes

Hmm OK so If I mix it with 4.6ml of PG I should have 100mg/ml then and it’ll be safer to handle? mix with

2 Likes

Hmmm. 8 drops.

I would question the labeling on the bottle. I would reach out to the manufacturer of the nic to verify if it is even their own packaging and if they even sell that strength of nic.

But depending on the size of the dropper 8 drops would be way way too much nic. That being said, I would not recommend using your nic. But if you insist on using it. Use the 255 in the calculator then you will have to adjust. If it says to put 2ml of nic divided that number by more than half. At that concentration it wouldn’t mess up the end flavoring…however, do something wrong and it will be a trip to the hospital.

1 Like

Sounds right to me.
Can you order outside of Korea?
www.hiliq.com is in China, they have nicotine in normal concentrations for sale.

1 Like

The problem as I understand it in Korea is your taxed by ml so having the higher concentration means less tax. That bottle cost about $9 us so I’d love to have a cheaper option just don’t want to pay through the nose. I’ll have to ask a Korean friend to be sure.

1 Like

As others have said, I would strongly recommend you dilute the nic you have down to a more workable level. Maybe get a 30 ml bottle and put enough nic/PG in to make it 100mg. I personally work with 24mg nic base regardless of how I buy it. I dilute it down so that what I’m working with isn’t as strong. It’s not worth the risk, in my opinion. Also, always make sure you use gloves and a mask when you’re handling that stuff. The nicotine can get into the air and you really don’t want nicotine poisoning.

All that being said, @daath is it intentional that the calculator only lets you put in max 255 mg/ml for strength?

Some forums wont even let you post about anything that strong, 100mg/ml max is understood to be the safest manageable base.

You can put 560 in and even see how much you’ve got to use, but when you try to save it, it’ll say it doesn’t make sense and won’t let you.

I noticed that, thus I made this post and realized the dangerous shit they sold me in Korea. no warnings except to keep it in the fridge so it won’t go bad.

1 Like

https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/1vp7h0/handling_nicotine_a_chemists_perspective/

wow … good luck with that, and i’m not being sarcastic… as other said, wear golves/mask and keep your kids and cats away. can’t believe the company who makes that has the balls to sell it to the public. that stuff would be a lawyers dream if it was made in the US and sold to the general public.

1 Like

Getting a nicotine titration kit may sound expensive and be hard to source from Korea, but it would be most valuable to know what your actual nicotine% is even after dilution. Use strict procedures when diluting, as a microdot of 56% nic on your work surface could cause problems Search your supply sources for “Nicotine test kit”

4 Likes

I agree with @BoDarc , if that’s all you can get and there’s any way you can get a nicotine testing kit, get one. There’s also instructions on a vendor’s website (someone help me out with where that is…) for using stuff that you can buy at a pool supply store to test your nicotine strength if you can’t find a kit.
And then definitely dilute it. 56% nicotine isn’t something you want to have any kind of accident with. Yikes!

Edit:

This is what I was thinking of. Here are the directions if you can find the ingredients individually.

2 Likes

Nicotine juice 559.9 mg (100% PG) 0.98ml 1.02g
PG dilutant 4.52ml 4.69g
Total base 5.5ml 5.71g
Totals 5.5ml 5.71g

Strength: 99.8 mg
PG/VG-ratio: 100/0
Flavor total: 0 ml (0%)

3 Likes

If I were you I would get a larger bottle and add 4.6 ml of either VG or PG and then dump this bottle in and shake to mix. then shake again and again. Make sure it is very well mixed. You now have 100 mg/ml nic juice. That is what most of us use to mix our stuff. BE VERY VERY CAREFUL HANDLING THE FULL STRENGTH IT IS VERY DANGEROUS.

1 Like

We also have the Korea clients and Korean site, www.hiliq.net. This is the tax rate, <20ml nicotine ( any products contain nicotine), it’s 900won/ml ( almost USD 0.9), >20ml, it’s 1800won/ml ( $1.8).

1 Like