God Save The Queen

A more loyal, devoted, strong, classy, “happy & glorious” woman I have never seen. Faithful to her vows to the end. My deepest condolences to the people of the United Kingdom, the Commonwealth and all who will miss Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth ll. Rest in peace in your heavenly kingdom now and forever. Well done Ma’am. :purple_heart:

15 Likes

The Queen is dead, long live the King!

7 Likes

I hope the King can get my Cthulu AIO shipped faster

3 Likes

11 Likes

8 Likes
8 Likes
5 Likes

That rainbow was perfect. A reminder of all those bright lovely colors that she always wore. She was one of the rapidly diminishing group of remaining souls from the Greatest Generation. It’s been easy to cry some today, but still I’m so happy that the Lord took her home today while she was at Balmoral, in her beloved Scotland.
“Grief is the price we pay for love.” ~ Queen Elizabeth ll

10 Likes

Just when you thought you knew all there was to know about someone, you find out something new you didn’t know …

11 Likes

Yes! I remember that. Magnificent. :smiling_face_with_tear:

5 Likes

Classy Move …

6 Likes

Thank you, well said @TakeMeToTheSea

3 Likes

In a way I felt that this was the Queen Mother’s way of giving hope to her people whom she dearly loved.

5 Likes

@Lucas_James_Holden Condolences to you and your fellow country men and women. You have lost your Queen Mother and I wanted you to know that we too shed tears. A member of my household was particularly fond of the Queen and took it with much sorrow. An era has come to a close :cry:

6 Likes

RIP Ma’am, God save the King.

3 Likes

This is where the “gal” in her comes out. Just being another rail bird at the track and betting on the winning horse. Hey! She won £16.00 and was off to cash her ticket. Love this woman. LOL

3 Likes

The Queen also won a big race race at Ascot with her own entry as well. :smile:

3 Likes

Its crazy to think that this woman who will go down as the most famous woman to ever live is no longer Queen. When news broke yesterday morning you just knew. I told my partner they are all rushing up to be with her because she is going to pass. And sure enough it happened. Such a amazing woman who did so much and outshined everyone before her. Its already weird thinking of charles as king. Just sad

4 Likes

Thank you @muth, I appreciate your kind words.

3 Likes

I was born and raised in Berkshire’s Royal Ascot which is in close proximity to Windsor and it’s Castle. It was a normal everyday event to be able to see the castle in the distance or pass it by. The locals like myself took it for granted as we did the sight of the Royal family including our Queen passing by, or the Queen riding her horse around the Crown Estates (part of the Castles extensive grounds) there was a kind of trust that she must have had in her local people back then as very rarely did we see heavy security or a police presence unless it was needed for a large event. On Royal Ascot race week every year the police would close roads off and the royal procession in their horse drawn carriages would pass the rear of my Grandmother’s house on Watersplash Lane where the local people would line the quiet roadside and wave to Her Majesty and the other members of the Royal family, this was quite a private affair and she would often recognise the usual faces and make a point of the fact by acknowledging you with her knowing smile and say hello. After that we would all go back to our homes and carry on with our normal lives. Again we took all of this for granted until the devastating news came yesterday and like many others around the world it has broken our hearts. I am grateful for everything she has done in her long Reign and grateful that she has been there for most of my life. She will never be replaced only succeeded. R.I.P. Ma’am and thank you.

10 Likes