God Save The Queen

4 Likes

Queen Elizabeth has been a constant presence in our lives, whether a Brit or not, and she represented stability and consistency. Even as the West progressed past the need for monarchy she was a shining model of the traits that we’ve come to associate with the British.

Damn near every country in the world has some connection to the UK and time has healed many wounds so that virtually all look upon the UK with some respect and the acknowledgement of the major role it has played in shaping our world as we know it.

In a constantly changing world, we all need and take comfort in things that provide familiarity and stability. For me, the reign of the queen gave that.

Her passing triggers something in most of us. For my wife, a Brit raised in the US, her sadness is quite close. She told me that her mother saw the coronation of Elizabeth and she cried because it was a shocking reminder of her mother’s failing health and the need to prepare for her passing. For many of us, it’s a brute reminder of our own mortality. The Queen seemed as if she would go on forever, but no one does and it hurts to think of that.

On the good side, I’m pleased to see Charles become King.

Long live the King!

10 Likes

@muth Something else she gave to me as a child was a love of horses and Corgis. As a kid I remember seeing newsreels about the Queen while she was surrounded by those adorable Pembroke Welsh Corgis. My last precious girl (Blossom) passed away 3 years ago. It’s amazing just how many lives were wonderfully touched by the Queen even in some small way. You have yourself a blessed day @muth :wink:

6 Likes

What a wonderful tribute @Lucas_James_Holden Thank-you. :heart:

4 Likes

Here the queen and her mother greeting some friends…

4 Likes

“Queen Elizabeth has been a constant presence in our lives, whether a Brit or not, and she represented stability and consistency.” <<<<< You summed up my thoughts perfectly @natbone . Whether they know it or not, human beings have a natural built-in need for constancy, consistency & stability. She gave us this in spades!

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/SpiritofLenin/status/1567977152515039232?s=20&t=In5qSprwwaC_boBJShjmrg

5 Likes

Is this your way of saying you weren’t a fan?

4 Likes

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not under the illusion that all people are good or that leaders are free of faults and mistakes but I highly doubt that Elizabeth the child understood the heil she was making.

Elizabeth II was just coronated in 1952. Is it fact that she shared in Churchill’s sentiment about the Kenyans and their land? I would need more convincing from various sources. The Sun, especially is not a place where I would get my news.

7 Likes

I think there are some who confuse the duties and activities of the Queen with those of politicians…something she never got involved with or opined on.

5 Likes

From what I understand, she had a distaste for politics.

6 Likes

LOL. Yep…one smart lady :+1:

4 Likes

The Queen was a remarkably, eloquent, beautiful and strong leader. Plus she loved horses. I had the pleasure of seeing her (not meeting) when I visited the Palace my first time in UK. She really was a leader to remember :pray:t3:

7 Likes

Well, she was tough, truck driver, trained army mechanic and did one of the hardest job in the world and devoted to her duties for 70 years from WWII to 9/11 and so many things we don’t even know, not an easy task.
In the 70’s we hated her (not her really, but what she represented) and the royal family, and we loved her at the same time, she has been unique and been able to change wih times, becoming one of us and the queen at the same time, a great woman to remember.

Bye Lilibet.

10 Likes

isn’t he a pedophile? Hung out with Epstein and went to the “island”?

3 Likes

Sure, all elites are corrupt depraved…

3 Likes

No that was Andrew not charles. If it was Charles he would not be king

4 Likes

Not that I condone pedophilia (if he IS one), but Andrew sounds like he’s the only normal one out of the bunch.

2 Likes

I think that was his brother.

3 Likes

got it. thanks

you said it

2 Likes