Going to see what's what, with NIC Salts

Haven’t received it yet, but FINALLY decided to TRY out some NIC Salts from @Nicotine_River. It seems as if their mega, super duper sale overload has passed, order placed, already shipped. Have read up quite a bit on salts vs. freebase, but you can only get so much from reading, sometimes you gotta TRY it. I’ll post-a-pic when it gets here.

Not looking to up my 3mg NIC vape, but during stressful times, I do tend to approach chain vaping, and am curious to see if the faster uptake of NIC reduces that. Also have been trying for awhile to get a co-worker off analogs over to vaping, and he had actually ALMOST moved completely over, got hooked on a few of my mixes, and was a regular dual 120ml client, and then he just switched back. He was sub-ohming @ 3mg but keep coughing a lot. We tried numerous mixes, NIC levels, and because he was a heavy smoker, seemed his ONLY vaping method was chain vaping (assuming) to keep his NIC levels higher. All that seemed to do was get him mega coughing. Am VERY anxious (he’s volunteered) to try some 3mg salts in his fav mixes, and assuming the salts pass the blood/brain barrier much like analogs, maybe he will get an immediate fix, and cut back on the chain vaping, and maybe coughing, and I can get him over to the RIGHT side, with the rest of us.

His fav mixes of mine are very cream/custard heavy, so will mix and start steeping as soon as I can and report back.

13 Likes

Keep us posted. I’m interested in it as well. Not to increase the nic, but to go from my 1.5mg sub ohm to a satisfying mtl vape at 1.5mg and even less if the absorbsition is faster

3 Likes

Definitely interested in this!

1 Like

You may also try him on a little mtl device - i have had a bit of success with people who cough with small aio devices or even crown 1 + nic salts. Good luck

3 Likes

We’d love to hear your feedback on our Salts @SessionDrummer ! :slight_smile:

If there are any questions please feel free to ask us here and @ us!

Additional info here as well,

5 Likes

Thanks @woftam, I actually DID try exactly that. Loaned him one of my MTL’s, started out lower @ 6mg, was NOT enough for him, and finally got it up to 16mg, and although he stopped getting analog urges, something about it, wasn’t working for him ?? Not sure. I’ve really tried almost everything I could think of, to get him over. His longest run, was on sub ohming 3mg. Rolled like that for maybe 3 weeks, and he actually bought a 2nd sub tank (forgot what he was using), and filled each up for work. I asked why he had TWO, and he said, “For when the first one gets hot” !!! Hmmmm, dug a little deeper, and it became obvious he was having to basically chain vape @ 3mg, to hold off the urge. We tried nudging up the NIC levels (I had been only using Nude Nic at this point), 4mg, 5mg, etc. Strangely it didn’t really seem to reduce his chain vaping ?? I forget where we got up to, but then the harshness (expected with sub’ing) came in, and we dropped it back down. Ran all the way from 50v/50p to MaxVG, increasing flavor %, dropped it.

Really ran out of options, and hence, the curious nature of the salts. Obviously, no matter HOW MUCH we all love vaping, mixing, etc., it is entirely possible that vaping may NOT work for everyone. I’m not giving up yet !!!

3 Likes

Hehe, you just made me feel special …

Hehe, wait a minute, … I see what’s going on nowwwwwwwwww !!!

4 Likes

@Nicotine_River Roger that, and thanks for the super speedy processing.

3 Likes

@Chrispdx I’ll add you to the list. Of course, I’m HOPING, I don’t figure out that it’s soo damned smooth, and the absorption rate is super fast, that I convince myself that going from 3mg to 16mg, would be a GOOD move LOL.

3 Likes

I have a customer that vapes 18mg nic salts sub ohm - no matter what i say she is happy with it as it means she doesn’t smoke or have to chain vape so i think you are one the right track. Hopefully you can sort it all for him.

5 Likes

@woftam Thank you, and I hope so. You actually bring up a VERY good, yet elusive point here. I think that once you’ve vaped for a while, and/or mixed for a while, some things, can seem crazy to us. Sub ohming @ 18mg !!! ??? WTF !!! I nearly choked when I accidentally confused some 3mg with some 9mg and sub ohmed that !!!

I’m imagining a client asking for (fill in the worst flavor ever made here) @ like 30% flavor. We’re thinking, ummmm, yeah, that’s a really BAD idea !!!

Everyone’s different, and I thank you for that reminder. Whatever works right ?? Kick the analogs to the curb, no matter how.

4 Likes
5 Likes

I’m in for watching this also. All I’ve heard is negative so far but that’s people. Complain about being hung with a new rope.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Hehe …

1 Like

SOON!

3 Likes

Received my “Salts” from Nicotine River last week. Mixed several of daily recipes I already use and tried first time today. Stayed @ 3%, have no plans to increase. I don’t notice any difference in absorbing the Nic, but OMG it is SO SMOOOOOTH !!! I will definitely be buying more! I kinda wish now I didn’t have SO much 100mg freebase in the freezer.

5 Likes

+1 @Pap

3 Likes

Been trying the “salts” now for a couple weeks. It is undeniably smooth and I can’t detect any taste at all. I don’t desire to raise my nic level above my current 4mg but out of curiosity, I tried some 18mg in a RDA I mixed for a friend who uses a tiny MTL device. Wow. No taste at all and instant (borderline unpleasant) effect.
One thing about these salts though, they seem to hit me in the top of my throat/lower sinuses if that makes any sense. Almost a catch. Just different and a little weird compared to freebase nic. Or perhaps it’s just me?! I Have noticed it in every recipe I have used it in (maybe 8 now). Worth noting, none have steeped longer then maybe 1.5 weeks so maybe this will dissappear. Maybe It’s just something new to adjust to much like vaping for the first time?
So many maybes… would love to hear others oppinions/experiences on this. Good luck all and Peace!

5 Likes

@Brandolf Thanks for your first hand experience.

3 Likes