Good Deals 2019!

https://breazy.com/products/samsung-inr18650-25r-2500mah?site=www.shareasale.com&sscid=21k3_mdzak

Here’s another battery deal. Use code CVD10 for an extra 10% off :blush:

6 Likes

Hehe funny, haven’t been in the forum this morning to check deals, but hooking up a other friend. Yes he is paying, I learned my lesson :rofl:

So I got him the sony vtc5a since he’ll be vaping at a bit higher watts. Price was great liion, shipping on the other hand $15 but whatever lol

I personally using the Samsung 25r the green ones and a couple Samsung 28 they are purple, but I never found good reviews about, also they are nearly 2 years old. So I’m replacing these with a couple of the sonies as well. Purple not the green.

I have noticed so that the 25r give me a huge throttle at around 50% in regular mods :frowning: sucks, don’t know if it’s the mods or the batteries, hope the vtc5a will do better. I don’t even vape at high wattage.

Anyways, thanks for sharing these links, if I hadn’t already placed a order there, I would order some more lol

7 Likes

I use the VTC5A’s and they are a great battery.

6 Likes

I like the Sony VTC5a batteries alot…but last order I got i must have got a bad batch or something…was not from Illum or Liion…but they did not last 6 months…ones i got from another vendor are are still fine…now I am trying a new batt which is suppose to rival the Sony…time will tell…but i did find they discharge slower… https://liionwholesale.com/collections/batteries/products/molicel-npe-p26a-35a-2600mah-flat-top-18650-battery-authorized-distributor-inr-18650-p26a?variant=15853354778718

I ran them thru my battery .anylizer an they check out great (skyroc mc3000 ) ran thru the Opus also…same results… I have 6 more in my cart now…an may try a few of the 21700’s now…to check out

8 Likes

Good to know. I did do some research of some kind, batteries are not my strong point, neither the all technical info about them out there.

Went by mooche’s chart and thought they might work out better than the weirdo ones I have. We will see, but thanks for sharing, now I feel not like I purchased the wrong batteries…Again lol

Alan, I hope this is not the case here, would like them last a bit longer as well as good output lol. But I’ll bookmark your link as well, thank you.

5 Likes

I would be curious where these batteries actually come from. My understanding is that all batteries originate from Sony, Samsung, LG and Panasonic. All the other “brands” are supposed to be rewraps of these. Looking at how they’re rated, I would be curious to see if they weren’t rewrapped VTC 5As.

6 Likes

Just tacking on a Mooch bench test here for inquiring minds and all… :smiley:

+1 for Liion. :wink:

8 Likes

About the only real identifier I’ve noticed is the positive plate. The shapes and designs vary juuust enough (usually) to ID the point of origin.

The one above reminded me of Panasonic for some reason, but it’s been over a year since I last really looked into the different plates. So take my ‘remembrance’ with a grain of salt…
One of the keys though is the number of “tabs” (the support structures that hold the raised plate) as well as the bends (in the way the plate is stamped).

I’m sure there’s also some indication from the numbers… But I forget what those are at the moment.

4 Likes

from my research…not re wraps…they are a seperate company…have one plant in canada an one in taiwan or indonesia…also these are fresh

6 Likes

Interesting. I’ll have to look into these a little more.

5 Likes

i got 6 a month ago…tested out very good…i am getting 6 more…in cart now…

6 Likes

I’ve been running a pair of Moli’s in my Aegis legend for 6 weeks or so and they’ve been great

6 Likes

There is some good info about spotting vtc5 fakes. I have some on the vtc5a somewhere. It should be noted that Sony no longer makes them they sold the design and the manufacturing plant to Murata Manufacturing Co.

I will dig up the vtc5a info in a sec and add it to this post

EDIT: vtc5a spec sheet and decode information can be found here

9 Likes

I’m always weary of batts that are re-wrapped, or from a name I know doesn’t manufacturer them. Maybe that’s why I haven’t blown myself up yet ?? Unsure.

We all know who actually MAKES the batteries, but what we DON’T know is if all the batteries that land in the hands of the re-wrappers are “seconds” or grade A batts. I’ve heard rumors of both. This doesn’t mean you can’t get good batts from a non-manufacturer, but it does leave questions.

7 Likes

Thanks for the link. I had no idea Molicel and Murata manufactured their own batteries.

5 Likes

@mjag @TheTinMan did either of you get your hermetic yet? And @AlanS do you have a wasp nano? And if you do could you compare the airflow for me? A local shop near me has the hermetic for $20, I really wanna pick it up but if the airflow is as loose as the wasp then I don’t need it, I’m hoping it’s much more restrictive than the wasp is.

6 Likes

@Fishaddict420 I know that matt for suck my mod, likes a restricted draw so hopefully, it is…

I have been considering that Atty also, so let me know what you think of it, please.

6 Likes

I have not ordered one yet.

4 Likes

Ok, I’ve put about a squonk bottle and a half through the hermetic since last night lol. The airflow on this thing is right around half the airflow that the wasp has, for me it’s perfect wide open for my favorite single coil build, all SS316L 2*28/40, 6/7 wrap on a 3mm ID, 35-45 watts.

I don’t really get shiny-itis, I really only get excited about new gear when it’s heavily discounted lol but I would gladly pay $30 for this thing, it is really gonna be a perfect little rda for single battery mech squonkers, I’m guessing around .35-.5 ohm builds will work very well with this airflow, and save some battery life versus the builds I have to run in the wasp to get satisfactory warmth.

The tolerances on this thing are pretty awesome as well, I put it on my eleaf istick 200w tc (triple 18650) and I could pick the whole thing up by the top cap, but it comes off very easy too, and the o-rings don’t feel like they are shearing or sticking when taking the top cap off and on.

Long story short, or in internet speak, TL;DR, I’m already searching for spare change to get one in black lol.

8 Likes

Thank you sir!

5 Likes