Good Deals 2021!

Got the 40T running at .14 ohm 50-55 Watts. Had to change the battery after going through 5.5-6ml in the RTA. 1 Tank one battery.

7 Likes

could be. i know HT used to have a good reputation. a year+ ago i bought 2 Hohm Grown’s 26650 on ebay(yeah, i know). shortly after i started using them, one died. then i found the other is basicly crap. a 20s kicks its ass in all ways.
so, i am sure i bought crap rewraps, i’m not buying holm’s again.

10 Likes

Awesome! I almost placed an order for the 75C a couple of days ago but wanted to wait. I may order two and slap them into the two Grus’ I have. Thanks for this @Letitia

9 Likes

30T should give better battery life for that wattage range.

10 Likes

Samsung 30Ts have been working great for me. I picked up a few when https://www.18650batterystore.com/ had them on sale. At 40 -55W they last all day.

9 Likes

Here is an European store has the elder dragon on sale

10 Likes

Oh shoot! I just saw this. Probably too late. Thx for the heads up though, deb_laing.

7 Likes

MFS usually has the wotofo mesh strips & cotton 3.49/10pk.

7 Likes

if you ever decide to part with a black, gunmetal or silver elder dragon please keep me in mind as well :wink: :pray:t2:

9 Likes

will it fit in the grus?

6 Likes

Yes it will. The only somewhat tricky part I’ve seen, is soldering the wires to the 510. Not a lot of room to work with if your hands aren’t steady (mine always aren’t. Thanks arthritis!)

8 Likes

and you know this how ?

4 Likes

Because I am the Great and Powerful OZ, that’s how.
Plus, there are youtube videos all about it. I believe there is a Grus thread here that shows how. Unfortunately, I’m too lazy to look for it, so have at it.

7 Likes

ok, ima search around

6 Likes
7 Likes

I have 4 but was trying to find the squonk bottles and can’t find them anywhere

7 Likes

ok, i found it/them. interesting. for me, i see no need, the GRUS does me fine as is. and i already have 2 75c’s.

my 3 GRUS are sad, they have been kicked to the curb by the 2 URSA’s.

7 Likes

My Grus’ are underpowered. One more than the other. Easy fix is to raise the wattage, but it pisses me off. The little things often do. Thats why I want to modify them. I love how they look and feel, I just don’t want them pissing me off, plus it gives me something to do that I like doing.

10 Likes

fair enough…

i bet the underpowering is a poor solder.

8 Likes

The fact the grus are underpowered is exactly why mine are in the stash box. If I could get the ehpro cs120 boards and they’d fit I would look for someone to install those in the grus’.

7 Likes