Good news! Official response from VGOD!

7 Likes

Its nice to see they did the right thing here! I did leave them a low rating and said I would never purchase their product because of attacking the community. I dont regret saying this and I think all the comments from people helped them follow up quickly with an apology!

6 Likes

well this is good news indeed. I will go and remove my comments and low rating. power to the people!!

3 Likes

That was an amazing “Fight the Power” e-rally I just witnessed. VGOD is surely not the only Corporate entity paying attention. That was like Spontaneous Corporate Combustion and shows our faction can deliver Scorched Earth in minutes when attacked. So many companies wanna build their hype on FB/InstaG/Twitter but it works both ways!

If only I could be a fly on the wall over at YBP. Chinese businesses handle screw ups a little more harshly, and clearly the goal of VGOD’s Statement of Work was Lost in Translation. Due diligence falls to both parties however, and there are consequences for failure. Not my Circus, but you guys are my Monkeys! :hugs::monkey:

[/Evil Bo goes back in box]

8 Likes

Unfortunately, they are part of “our faction”, which made this all the worse from my view!

6 Likes

Vgod open the rating system back up

7 Likes

I’ll say this much… Whether they deserved the beating they took or not, they acted quickly and for that I do actually commend them. If they have righted their legal ship and are now pursuing only legitimate trademark breaches, then the community has to stop the negative attacks or the tide will begin to turn against us. I do feel ‘we’ need to let bygones be bygones and acknowledge their attempt to correct this or ‘we’ will face a backlash for continuing to beat them after they have owned and amended their mistake.

4 Likes

Furthermore, from the letter, assuming it is truthful, it makes sense for small businesses to hire third parties to do a lot of heavy lifting. And it is the third party that has made the mistake. So our efforts at retribution would be better spent on Yellow since it seems VGOD never intended to chase down ELR type sites.

3 Likes

Removed my review. They deserve props for their way to handle their own mess, but wont give positive review over it, so deleted it.

4 Likes

point taken…

May be an equal show of force to demonstrate we can also undo, post-negotiation. Release the hostages so to speak. Delete the reviews instead of giving them more ratings might be fair, but that’s not my call. Winners can afford to be magnanimous. I would think any ratings might boost their SEO, and deleting one’s rating would be more like turning your back and giving them nothing. To each his own.

5 Likes

Agreed, I have done the same…it was hardly an apology, but it wasn’t really their fault…I still think they’re overpriced and arrogant though …I would never of left them a good review tbf…:joy:

6 Likes

Naa, don’t @Steampugs, VGOD forgives you, heheh.

4 Likes

I never did play very well with the Gods…

Maybe commenting that their liquid prob tasted like vaping a fart out of a dead dogs arse was a little harsh…

8 Likes

Just posted this comment

Edit: if they had been active in this community as a vendor. Pretty sure Lars might have sent them a private msg asking politely saying WTF?

Or even the post with the letter probably would have stayed in elr forums…

2 Likes

Regardless if it was a mistake or not, I highly doubt you would have gotten a response from them that fast without the instant public backlash they received. This is a great example of the power that consumers hold, and what they can accomplish when they stand together. It’s extremely rare to see such community support, taking a stand together behind a source of unity like yourself in any industry. It’s quite an impressive feat.

7 Likes

I have removed my rating from their page as promised.
Still won’t be buying any of their shit either way.

4 Likes

Not sure I’d ever buy there stuff either… but they definitely have a uphill battle…

Is kind of ironic that the company they hired to protect their brand ended up hurting them… effects May or may not be short term …

1 Like

I have changed my rating and left a comment explaining my reasoning. https://www.facebook.com/morgan.hefferman/posts/10155900842888382:0

My planned revenge was buying one of their T-Shirts in XXL and videoing my old fat ass doing vape tricks in my garage :sunglasses: :triumph:

11 Likes

Yes it’s ironic the people hired to help them have gave them this headache to deal with.
Mabey they should of delt with their own shit in the first place and this krefuffel may never of happened.
I definitely think they didn’t expect the diy community to come down on them as hard and as quickly as it did. But hey, they know now.
I see their ratings are slowly creeping back up on fb , hopefully this will all blow over soon, but a valuable lesson learned for Vgod i think. Don’t mess with ELR. :muscle:

3 Likes