Good news! Official response from VGOD!

This is interesting. This was sent to Wayne. He posted in the comments of a post on his Facebook group. This might change everyone’s opinion.

1 Like

Not sure why this should change my mind since i have no clue who has written this. As i read it, then it is just a rant from an average joe, but maybe you can explain why it should change peoples opinion about this matter?

5 Likes

My thoughts are that;
If the vaping community hadn’t spoken out, nothing would have changed and they would have continued on their scorched earth rampage. They fired the first shot and tried to damage an integral part of the vaping world.
They hired overly aggressive attorneys that have no grasp of what vaping is about. That is VGOD’s mistake and poor decision making.
They did not apologize. My idea of an apology is to also make an attempt to amend the wrongs by actions to show your sincerity. I doubt they ever will apologize because it then opens them to possible legal action by admitting wrong doing.
I might forgive them, but forgiveness and trust are two different issues. There are so many good vape companies that I will never have the time for them to rebuild my trust even if they tried.
Lastly, I have seen the “vape bros” in action at a local vape store. It reminded me of when I was twelve years old blowing smoke rings. I did it for a few days then grew up. The clingons and entourage were everything that is wrong with vaping and it just felt like they were trying to attract kids. Oh and I got some of their juice for free… it really does suck.

7 Likes

Doesn’t change my opinion , the swift action taken by the community voicing the dissatisfaction of the letter yellow brand sent .

Sent a very clear message to Vgod. The community as a whole was not happy…

and their Facebook rating dropping as quickly as it did could have been a sign that their profits might follow the same path

5 Likes

This is what VGOD claims, unless you work for either VGOD or YBP and were a part of the discussions about their actions, you don’t know what they’ve agreed to.
All we can say is that they own up to a mistake they made, intended or not, and that’s commendable.

It took quite some time for them to react so I’m pretty sure their reaction is a calculated one coming from a crisis meeting with all relevant departments and not a sincere and immediate “we’re so sorry for what happened, our contracters made a mistake due to a communication mistake (or whatever)”. Their message is pretty much “we made a mistake, ignore any further communication if you get any”, zero apology, just the bare minimum to cool down the high emotions.

Even though I feel better knowing that ELR isn’t targeted anymore, it doesn’t make me feel any better towards this company. I still won’t buy any of their hardware or liquids.
You just don’t attack your own kind of people, there’s no excuse for it. If it wasn’t their intention, they should have made it clear to YBP before they even started their internet searches.

6 Likes

I did say ‘assuming the letter is true’… and I also don’t think one day is a long time to respond, personally.

I have no skin in the game. I’m not letting them off the hook or convicting them. Just saying, maybe everyone needs to breathe a little now.

3 Likes

I agree!..I’m returning my bad review on their FB page…the bastards!..

This is gonna be a long night I’m sure…

3 Likes

This is another reason everyone needs to slow their roll.

I’m not singling you out personally @Jim22, just using a quote for reference.

None of us outside of VGOD can say with certainty what their intentions are/were. At first, it seemed like an egregious and petty overreach, and then it sounded like a hired third party made some profound mistakes, and the actual intended copyright protection was actually valid but poorly executed. That is literally all we know based on public communication, and leaked private communication.

Why does everyone feel the need to continue to lynch them without hearing more of the story first (if there ever will be more). It was outrageous, it was stupid, it caused a large backlash from the vaping community, and it was quickly clarified and seemingly rectified. Can’t leave it at that?

3 Likes

Sorry but I can’t follow this , need more who what when where. I don’t follow Wayne so I need more details.

3 Likes

Because they minimise in their letter what they’ve done and they don’t even show remorse by an apology for what they’ve done.
If they were sincere and cared about what has happened, they should have reacted in a completely different way. It all just seems like damage limitation and nothing more. If they want us to know more about the situation, they can easily let us in on what really happened and maybe let YBP come out with a statement too.

2 Likes

Time. Time needs to pass. Business machines grind along slowly. Immediate reactions/retractions rarely happen. Again, all of this is speculation on our parts. And the third party will never release a statement admitting a mistake. They’d kill their reputation; they’d never do that. In time the story will be vetted. Why must we stomp our feet more at this point?

Maybe VGOD issued a cold, calculated response meant to silence the minions, and maybe they felt it was sincere and sufficient. How do we know?

If you get such a backlash on FB and 1-star/bad review after another, don’t you think it would be wise to have a proper response to it on FB as well? They completely ignore the people they hurt (willingly or not). It looks calculated top to bottom, not sincerely righting a mistakenly wrong.

2 Likes

If they go on FB and say “We are sorry for the confusion that our recent actions have caused. Please know that we are a dedicated member of the vaping community, and our actions were in haste and not intended to harm any fellow vapers”. Would that satisfy you? Who knows they won’t do that? And if they say that, how do you know that too isn’t a cold, calculated response meant to pacify the minions?

Just slow down and see how this plays out, is all I said.

No disrespect to you, I admire your opinion and part of me might agree with you. I can tell you from my experience in the business world that very little is a mistake and not calculated. Some companies are down right cruel and ruthless. Some are not.

The original intent is not my concern. The consequences of their actions and future actions are what interest me. Trust is earned and they broke the bond of trust for some people. How and if they attempt to earn it back, we shall see. Some may choose to let it go and move on, some will never forget, but I would never ask or demand that others follow my path and do as I say.

3 Likes

Well put my friend. A little patience to see how this plays out was all I intended.

If they’d come out with it now, yes, it would be cold and calculated. There is only a small window in which such a response has any meaningful effect and they missed it completely. Now, it’ll be tough to crawl out of this hole they dug.

Well, there’s certainly no arguing that. Whatever the intention, wherever the fault lies, ultimately it is their responsibility, and ultimately, it is their own reputation that deservedly suffered.

1 Like

This was supposed to be an email sent to Diy or DIe from VGod. I was asking if those “forgiving” VGod if this may change they’re minds.

2 Likes

I’m not sure why this would change any minds. It looks like it was written by an average person not affiliated with Vgod. It seems unrelated to any opinion of the what the company has done. Do you think this was written by Vgod?

1 Like

I understood jjl to be saying that Wayne (the recipient) attributed it to VGOD I just took his word for it, though i guess there’s room for doubt. Whoever wrote it, the sanctimonious tone is pretty sickening.

2 Likes