Gotta quit cigarettes SoS please advise help..etc

I’ve been off Cig for over 2 years now, and 6% Nic is what I vape. It’s going to be a shock to your system to drop your nic level so fast. Regardless what level you use I wish you luck. When I started to sub ohm I used 12mg… Now a year later I’m at 6mg. I suggested a step system so you would have options. Obviously you have will power issues and transitioning to a higher nic level will give you better chance for success IMO.

2 Likes

Sorry for being annoying, but it’s 0.6% and 1.2% :smile:

2 Likes

Tough, but well said because it’s the reality of quitting.

1 Like

Patches, gum, pills hypnosis have never worked for me because my addiction was more psychological rather than nicotine dependent. The vape was a perfect replacement and worked from day one. Of course, I was also really really sick of smoking (to the point of shame, really) and that had a lot to do with it You do whatever it takes to stop because you need to. Your health has reached a critical point and you don’t have much in the way of options. There isn’t more I can say that hasn’t been said above. We all have our individual triggers and safeties and we all react differently to them. I don’t pray, but I will send you all the hope I can give that you are able to pull this off in order to better your health issues. Be strong, be safe. .

I meant to say mg. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

Your never annoying Daath.

1 Like

Ok biggest stupid issue I have is a instant @@craving and have to (fiddle) work on mid, New coil wick or refilling…etc
I’m ordering a mod today and another crown tank
So I’m set up regardless.I need a stealthy mod but can get Ingo a Rda ,I have a velocity collecgib
If not I smoke while I fix whatever needs it …

But for the record ive made progress just from you guys ideas, please keep em coming.

Those nerve blocks hurt the next day, Hell I feel worse than before the blocks.

But each rulebook concider a cigarette I hit the vaporizer 10 times deep inhaled, afterward mu cigarette thought is gone

5 Likes

Yes !!! You are already getting the idea. I’m so glad for you. Keep up the good work !!!

PS: yes get yourself set up for the equipment you need and all will become so much easy for you…

4 Likes

I think when I quit it was all about the throat hit… you’ve gotta find the right throat hit with ur nic level to satisfy that feeling?? a higher nic level with tanks was a rule of thumb I mean shit I started w 24mg and a kayfun a little over a year ago and haven’t looked back not once at all I’m now @6 or 8 mg depending on the mix??
I hope I’m helping here I really want you to do this once and for all it’s definitely in ur best interest!!!

3 Likes

What they are telling you 601 is bible. You got this. Hit that vape. I like the others was hard core. Three packs a day for 30 years. I tried every drug, patch, acupuncture etc. I bought good gear and never looked back. I held onto my mod 24/7. 601 I slept with it. I was giving myself headaches from to much nicotene until I learned how I needed it regulated. This all started 3 months ago and I’m no going back. I don’t mean to put my 2 cents in but everything your being told you can take to the bank.

4 Likes

right I sucked on those rotten cancer sticks for like 25 years it’s a no brainer… I say that only cause I’ve had SUCCESS… THAT’S RIGHT SUCCESS!!! please please do the best for yourself!!! I think we all feel the same way…

2 Likes

Thanks guys I’ll be waiting on a ipv4s to arrive soon & 3 mods to build, I can solder the parts & all even if I’m having to lay down to do it.
A friend wants a DNA 200 mod & I’m waiting on parts to come,I’m getting the ipv4s for my building of his DNA 200 MOD for him so it’s free Vape gear to me :).

Then I want to find a mod that wil fit comfortable on the hand + pocket for away from the house .

I’m still trying to find a better nicotine levels than 12mg in the Crown.

Its like less nicotine & I tend to Vape every other breath.
18mg seems to be a bit much I’m some mixes.
Still trucking along.

3 Likes

some of ur phrases don’t make sense I’m sorry but we really really wanna help but???I’m sure I’m not alone in this?

2 Likes

No your not alone in this. I know how my success has improved my health and am hoping the best for you.

3 Likes

I was unsuccessful for 4 years trying to quit on a ego type battery. The higher amount of nicotine the worse it tasted and I couldn’t vape anything above a 6. Finally this past January I upgraded to a sub mod. With the sub I vape 3 to 6 mg nicotine. But the higher VG amount is absolutely what changed my vaping experience. After vaping on a sub mod with low nicotine and high vg ive not smoked since January. I was a smoker for 27 years. Also for me the diy liquid is the way to go. Ive spent countless dollars on ready made liquid that I couldn’t vape. You can do it stick with it. Remember high vg with low nicotine, no higher than 6 mg…3mgs is my magic number. Using a sub mod I still get that good throat hit without it tasting horrible or coughing.

3 Likes

Quitter, I apologize.
See for some uncool reason, spellchecker on a mobile device has been really acting up lately.

When I correct an area, then got to begin typing again it paste the correction,I apologize.

kinda figured that lol

Just wanna poke my head in here and first off let me say @601VaPoRs I’m sorry you are having such a horrible struggle with quitting cigs. The little fuckers are horrible leechers of body and mind, which leads me to my question (and forgive me if this was covered already)
Are you 100% sure your addiction is ONLY the tobacco/Nicotine? The reason I ask is the hardest part when I quit actually had nothing to do with the cigs/nic itself but everything to do with environment, habits and ritual. For example…I’m a chef and I started smoking way back in the day in the kitchen (not actually in the kitchen;) but it became a ritual of sorts were the crew and I would just get HAMMERED and get our ass kicked with service that when it was over we would all go chill outside and have a “release” by kicking back and smoking a cigarette. Outside of the social aspect of this it was extremely calming and brought our stress/adrenaline levels back to “normal” (of course the nicotine played a role in this) and that was my habit or addiction if you would for almost 30 years…everyday. For some it’s drinking…go out to a bar and “have” to smoke while drinking

Ok flash forward to today. I haven’t smoked in 3 years now and I do not have any craving except for when I get my ass kicked at work and when it’s done I have a huge craving…not really for the cigarette but for the ritual, to this day I crave the going outside with my peers and having the release. I was addicted to habit. Vaping does not cure this craving for me, its a mind over matter struggle for now me but it’s extremely manageable and only lasts for a few moments, I call this the “ice cream sundae” craving.
I know it has been said a lot, that people are addicted to more things than the actual cigarette, i.e hand to mouth, the oral part, social, etc etc. I wasn’t able to see this when I was a smoker because I thought I “had” to have a cigarette, yes this is still partially true given the dependency BUT I now can see I was addicted to much more than that.
This is different for everyone of course but is it possible there is something in your day to day life you also associate to smoking and that’s why vaping isn’t helping you as well as you would like?
I don’t know just throwing my 2 cents in…

Good thing is you have the support of a lot of fantastic people here my friend and I wish you the best of luck and be strong!!!

4 Likes

Your views on the smokers habits really make a lot since. I can associate with what you are saying. Back in the 80’s and early 90’s I had an addiction to cocaine. I went into rehab and learned a lot of ways to break my habits that led to relapse. Disassociation to the things that led to relapse was the key. My sister is a drug abuse counselor and one statement she makes is, “humans are creatures of habit”… so routines need to changed to break old habits. There are certain things that trigger your urges, so learning them, then avoiding the things that trigger your habits is key to quitting. I also think you haven’t found the juice that’s right for you. Once you do that and detect your triggers you will beat the smoking habit. IMO you should vape a juice that closely resemble cigs at a percentage that satisfy your urges. Low nic custard type vapes are not what you are craving. IMO it amounts to eating a slice of pie and pie isn’t what you are craving. I vaped high nic tobacco flavors to ease my urges and it worked for me and a few others I’ve helped to quit. Once your off cigs then work on lowering your nic dose. Right now you are craving nic and IMO 6 mg is not going to help.

3 Likes

Exactly, you hit the nail on the head. And DAMN GOOD on you bro for your recovery! Triggers was the word I was looking for and as much as people don’t realize cigarette addiction is right up there with cocaine, heroin or what have you. Addiction is addiction no matter what the substance and for some it takes more than just avoiding the substance itself, it could be habits, people, environment or a whole slew of different circumstances. You just have to self evaluate and be patient. Don’t beat yourself up for relapsing because it is very common, it is how you handle the relapse and identify that matters. Also this may sound a little contradictory but don’t try to follow someone elses suggestions cause they may not work for you. By all means you should very well listen to them but use them as a guideline or a roadmap of sorts and apply them to your circumstances. You are the only one that can defeat this and you are the only one that knows how and what works for you. The people that support you are here to guide you and ultimately you need to know what it is you need to change, if that makes sense haha.
Sorry if I sound like Im preaching. Just take it day by day and set goals by this. For me looking to the future was too much at the time and ultimately caused me to fall back into smoking but taking it day by day worked and before I knew it those days turned into weeks, months and now years-
Best of luck

3 Likes