GREAT Mixers from days gone past

While CONTINUING on my MEGA DUMP over at the Redd, I actually got contacted by a member there, who USED to be one of the core members here on ELR. @Ken_O_Where. Completely blind sided me, and it literally MADE my night. Had a chance to chat with him, and just shoot the shizzle.

Great night, indeed.

18 Likes

Wow…If youbtalk again tell him HOLA from me :pray::pray:

12 Likes

Will do @fidalgo_vapes. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@SessionDrummer Can you link us to your Reddit Dump plz. I’d like to see how they treat ya over there… :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Thats a name that I’ve missed seeing around. Good to know he’s still at it.

10 Likes

@D.Sims

https://www.reddit.com/user/Session-Drummer/

https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/search?q=flair_name%3A"Flavor%20Review"&restrict_sr=1&sort=new

6 Likes

Very agreed @Lostmarbles. He just popped in, completely out of the blue. Made my night.

8 Likes

Thanks @SessionDrummer

I’ll stay with the ELR APP tho. Reddit, FB- and all the rest of that crap. Im good. :innocent:

6 Likes

Yes Ken was definitely a good mixer. I was a protege with him for Duplicate Fixing while he was a moderator before he up and vanished. One mixer that stood out for me was @Pro_Vapes. The guy knew his stuff and wasn’t afraid to tread undiscovered territories. I’ve PM’d with him a few times and he’s a stand up guy.

12 Likes

Very agreed on KOW, and @Pro_Vapes, @TorturedZen.

4 Likes

Thanks for the links! Now I have a LOT more reading to do! Sometimes I get lost on Reddit, they’l this’ll be a good place to start. :smiley:

4 Likes

That’s great to hear. He might not remember me but if you see him again tell him he helped me make my first ADV and that was his Sinnamon Cookie Custard. For anyone who didn’t get to know him here’s his simple yet delicious mix that was great for newbs to get a handle on.

His V1 had more CDS.

5 Likes

He was amazing. By the time I came to the forum he was into some really complex and interesting recipes, way beyond my scope. I feel grateful that we still have the recipes of these talented mixers.

I’d also like to add @Kinnikinnick who was a primo tobacco head. He really knew his bacco flavors, thank goodness, he’s still helping me via his published recipes.

6 Likes

Great story, and recipe @muth !!!

1 Like

@muth, @Ken_O_Where says Hi Hi, and he said he always loved your style !!!

Many of the newer members here won’t know of, or remember Ken, but we had another great chat tonight. And it’s funny because we talked alot here on ELR, but we didn’t TALK, talk if that makes sense.

Well tonight, if you were in the chat, you’d have thought we were brothers from another mother.

The takeaway is, keep talking to your friends in RL, and here, as you never know what you will learn, or who you find out, you get along with.

8 Likes

Great mixer? I dunno about that but thank you. I tend to agree with TZ, @Pro_Vapes was a true treasure, one of if not the best mixer in the DIY community. He and botboy141 were my favorites.

Hello old frenz. >:^)

And you too @anon44012888 :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

If you look at the mixers I follow Ken is the first one on the list. I was sad went he went away because I was hoping to find a mentor.

6 Likes

Omg! thx for dropping in, Ken. Nice to see you :blush: Brings back old memories.

8 Likes

Im sorry that i wasnt able to do that for you. Life is a crazy roller coaster is it not? Sometimes it is scary, bumpy, flips upside down but it can still be exhilarating!

8 Likes

Wow. Welcome back @Ken_O_Where. I mean, I’m NOT trying to suck you in, but thanks for stopping by. I still don’t know how you faked me out on ATF. :slight_smile:

I hope your stay is long, especially after 4 years, but regardless, happy to see you here brother.

6 Likes