Griffin 25 Top Airflow by Geek Vapes

No I dont have a pic.

My top airflow ring stops also. And running a dual coil twisted 26g SS316 3.5mm ID 6.5 wraps at 0.20 ohms the flavor is great. I have discovered that by closing off the bottom airflow a bit and fully opening the top airflow has helped the flavor a lot. It allow for most of the air to come at the coils from the side versus from underneath. Try playing with those air flow settings and see what you think. Oh, also I have heard that closing the juice flow a bit is supposed to help with flavor but I haven’t tried it as I’d rather not chance dry hits and I don’t really see how it could help, but I could be wrong. Just haven’t tried it yet.

3 Likes

Running a dual coil single wire 24g SS316L 3.5mm ID 8 wraps at .24 ohms. Finally got some good flavor, think I’m gona like this build. So far I’ve made 3 builds and not one leak, so at least I’m doing something right.

I’m really starting to like this RTA, very easy to build on, looks good and is solid built.

3 Likes

Was getting some semi dry hits on my build and low vaper. So I watched another video (20th) or so to try and get the wicking right. Tonite I was going to rewick using this guys method and when I took the tank apart I decided to just lift out the wick from the juice channels and let it lay just on top like he did in the video.

Wow what a difference!!! :grinning:

Starts about 19:00

3 Likes

Great, thank for the tip! I going to try this in just a minute.

2 Likes

It’s working good for me.

2 Likes

Tried it out last night and it worked great for me too!

2 Likes

Thanks for the video
Got mine Saturday had them build me a single clapton at the vape shop . Took it home did ok. But really it wasn’t wicking in single coil mode. I don’t like a real hot vape so I had the first single at .6 ohms. So I started over built 2 Clayton’s 26/36 7 wraps around 3mm I’d. Came out .4 ohms
Man the wicking keeps up chain vaping and flavor is amazing . Wicked it like in video coils close to air holes and just barely some cotton in channels and molding the rest .
Thanks for posting all the comments help me to get mine right . Dual Clayton’s are great

Looks good on the 213 also

2 Likes

I just got a Griffin 25 with top air flow. I built dual Ti coils using 22awg wire. 6.5 wraps around a 3mm rod, spaced coils. I could probably fit 4mm coils in this monster if tightly spaced. I plan to try it next build. I wicked these coils snugly with Rayon. The first vape blew me away!

This tank is my new favorite tank. It wicks perfectly. No leaking at all. And the flavor is so good I want to cry every time I vape it. It expells huge, dense plumes with tons of flavor. A perfect vape. Closing off the top airflow seems to make a very noticable difference. As to be expected, the flavor is more intense. The vape gets warmer. I tend to prefer the top air flow slightly open.

I can’t wait to try some clapton titanium builds in this tank!

3 Likes

I love mine. I’m running twisted 28g 316L SS 4mm dual coils
Had some trouble at first with wick and leaking, but once I got that down it’s been stellar. I also have the Boreas, but prefer the Griffin25.

1 Like

The Griffin 25 with top airflow is my favorite tank so far!!! Tons of flavor, dense clouds, easy wicking, no leaking, and a super easy to build on large deck. I’ll be ordering some more soon.

1 Like

Yep I’d like to get another one with out the top air flow. I think it looks better and I dont use the top air flow very often now.

1 Like

GearBest has it on sale via the Memorial Day flyer, I picked one up earlier for 23 bucks… free shipping.

2 Likes

Just got my Griffin 25 with top air flow today from VapeNW for $28.99. I ordered it late on WEDnesday.
Wow, they are fast.

Enjoying this very powerful vape. Very strong on flavor and clouds.

3 Likes

I love my Griffin 25 with top air flow!

3 Likes

I searched but didn’t find anything about the Griffin 25 Mini. Maybe my old ass just missed it.

Anyway, I picked one of them up a few days ago. Built it like I do my Moonshot. Flavor just wasn’t there. So I tried a SS build. Nope. Then I popped in a dual clapton build 24 core with 32 wrap. Bingo. Kick ass flavor off this little tank. I really like it. Just too bad it needs a clapton to really produce flavor. Pretty sure the dual 22ga Ti would be good though but running low on that at the time :confounded:

And not to review it but let me say that for the size and style, the build quality is top shelf save for the stupid little AFC ring which comes off when building it. But once built it stays put so that’s good. But the build quality is superior to most every comparably sized and style of RTA I have and super pleased so far.

Now where the hell is my eVic mini so I can try this thing in single coil mode?

just discovered something with my leaky Griffin 25… juice absolutely pisses out of the bottom airflow holes. rebuilt it 3 or 4 times. rewicked it 8 or 10 times to no avail…

found some info on reddit and someone suggested to check the that the chimney screws down all the way http://imgur.com/u3nlxHg so i stripped her down for what seems like the gazillionth time and found that the glass is too long to screw the chimney down until it seats on the o-ring. the glass measures 2.975mm where the length from the top to bottom on the tank assembly when assembled reads 2.917mm

i know there is a slight recess at both ends of the assembly to accomodate the o-rings to measure it fully but i think this should be an accurate measurement for this purpose once the o-rings are in place to allow for this.

When i screw the 2 pieces together without the glass the top part actually screws down below the top of the bottom part and is recessed when the o-ring is seated and when i screw them together with the glass on i can see some of the thread still above the top of the bottom assembly.

any suggestions before i start to take a little off the end of my glass?

yes! it seems extreme but its either have a crack at that or throw the thing in the bin… wasted too much time, effort and juice to fuck around with it any longer. I’ll use the frosted glass spare as i’m am not fond of it and doubt i’ll ever see frosted glass go on any of my RTAs so nothing lost there.

1 Like

I vape at lower wattage (no higher than 22) SS works fine for me at .5 ohm

1 Like

Isn’t there supposed to be an o-ring on the threaded part of the chimney? I would try adding one.

1 Like

I’m not sure about that… I’ve tried looking for a full breakdown of the Griffin but there is nothing too elaborate only the promo pics already posted.

I ended up giving it one more shot at wicking it and used a pissy little wick as CallMeTut’s pics he posted on the “Griffin leaking problems” thread and making sure to keep the wicks as far from the bottom airflow as possible. i only filled the tank to the top of the chimney bell and went well with no leaking.

I finished that tank and refilled but this time filled the tank to just a little bellow full and started pissing out again… i closed the juice control with about 5mm of juice left above the top of the juice control hole, cleaned up the mess, gave it a few unpowered hits as i have been doing after filling and seems to be fine again.

when i finish this tank i will strip it down again and look to see about trying to add an o-ring as you suggested. I’m sure i did look when i had it stripped down before and didn’t seem to have anything to accomodate on o-ring but i will look again.

… also been using the advice given by other ELR members on closing the juice control and bottom airflow when filling and giving it a few dry hits immediately after opening the juice control and then letting it sit for 10 or 20 minutes