Happy Thanksgiving 🍁

I want to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving! I hope this day finds you happy amongst family and friends, good food and happy memories!
Today I’m grateful for the roof over my head, my small family, my animals and health :pray:t3: :heart:

What are you grateful for today?

14 Likes

14 Likes

I am grateful for my family, for another year that I still have my parents, I’m grateful for my sweet grandchildren Matilda and Ozzy, thankful for the blessing of my two wonderful daughters. I am also grateful to have met so many wonderful people on this forum.
I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the many blessings I’ve received and even the trials I’ve faced and came out the other side a better person!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!:turkey:

10 Likes

Grateful that I have bills to pay (and the means to do so), family, shelter, some health LOL and of course, all of youse people. Happy Thanksgiving. Be safe!

11 Likes

Grateful for a technology that booted cigarettes from my life almost 10 years ago :grin:

11 Likes

Happy Gobble Gobble to you and everyone here…

11 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

10 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving all! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving to all! :call_me_hand:

8 Likes

Happy thanksgiving everybody!

8 Likes

thanksgiving wishes 2023

9 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
tmp

8 Likes

Very thankful that I’m still vertical. Was diagnosed with an abdominal aortic aneurysm, in mid October. The surgeon said it was ‘huge’ (7 cm in diameter). Was fast tracked in for urgent surgery, and it was successful. After a couple weeks of laying low, and recovery, the surgeon gave me the all clear, to resume normal activities. From all reports from the doctors, I was very fortunate to have it checked when I did. Saved my life.

Damn glad to still be here. Had a crazy fun Thanksgiving with my family. If my good fortune holds out, I’ll be able to walk my youngest daughter down the aisle next October.

13 Likes

I do those tests once a year. I have PADS. They do the ultrasound in all four regions. From my ankles to my neck. I have clotted twice so I’m on warfin for the rest of my life. It’s amazing the technology that exists today that 25 years ago would have died. God speed on your recovery.

6 Likes

A day late, but I’m glad NOT to be in the ICU like last year with a family member :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Thanks. I have to take the blame for coming so close to check out time. These things are hereditary, and my dad died from one. Both my brothers got tested and were fine, so I figured ‘eh, I’ll be fine too’. So, I kept putting it off. Idiot move. I am very fortunate. I’ll be on yearly tests as well, now. Surgeon told me that normal aorta diameter is 3 cm. Mine was 7 cm. Almost as big around as my coffee cup. Not sure how long I was carting around that hand grenade.

Guys, if you’re over 55, get tested. The test is easy. These things are lethal if they blow.

7 Likes

Glad you caught it in time, brother!

4 Likes

Hope everyone had a good holiday. I had two, one up here and then one in Kenosha. 800 miles later and i am still full, no food for one year!

delltrap passed along his happy holiday wishes for all. He is very very busy with family and hasnt been on much lately.

7 Likes

Glad you pulled through!

5 Likes

Thanks, my pastie loving friend! I heard you had your own health issues (sucks getting old, eh?). Glad you’re back, doing your thing!

4 Likes