Hardware - Quick Reviews thread

That’s the way it is with the VooPoo mods now.
My X does it also.
My Drag 2 does the same thing.
Nothing wrong with your mod

10 Likes

Mine are the same @muth and I am sure @mjag is right about the sleep thing as I recall seeing something about that in a review. Though I don’t mind the mod, it doesn’t seem to hit as well as others I have in any of the modes with my MTL builds so I just have mine as spares,

8 Likes

Just for the detail …
In Drag 2, it doesn’t happen to me.
In the Drag 2 refresh edition, yes, that happens. And another difference, when I take out the tank, the old one asks for confirmation for new resistance, and the new RE does not …
I haven’t checked it, but it looks like a different chip.

10 Likes

@Gus6 my Drag X Plus mods don’t ask for confirmation but just changes the wattage in either of the 2 wattage modes. In TC it just changes the resistance but no other settings (temp or wattage).

7 Likes

Yeah, my Drag 2’s are the black Refresh Editions.
I should have clarified that in my post.
Thanks

8 Likes

I need to update this. At first I thought it might be my wicking as after some use I would get liquid on the top of my mod but never after filling, just after using it for awhile. I rewicked and everything was going great but after filling it up maybe 4 times the juice still built up on top of my mod. Now I am convinced it is condensation building up based on hiw it is pooling around the AFC ring that has a seem.

Don’t mind the mod, it is my old vlack Hohmslice that I stripped the paint off of, ugly but still works.

I did see a YouTube that Bogan put up about leaking on the Blotto Single coil but it talked about leaking after filling up. I don’t have that problem, it is just a buil up over time.

Anyone else have that problem?

8 Likes

Eclipse single coil RTA by Yachtvape

Got this the same day as the Blotto Single coil RTA, quick review above. I have been using both with the same build and at first preferred the Blotto for flavor but with the right build it has gotten a lot closer. It also helped on the Eclipse to cut the airflow down to match the Blotto, about halfway got the flavor much closer. What the Blotto still wins at is juice capacity, have to refill the small Eclipse more often.

The Eclipse is crazy easy to wick and after 4 or 5 builds I have not gotten any leaking or seeping. I have run into a seeping problem with the Blotto which is unfortunate and I am hoping to find a fix. I did see the Bogan video saying to remove the oring around the top of the chimney but that is referring to leaking while filling up which is not the problem I am having.

The Eclipse is much better than I expected but is not as build friendly as the Blotto that worked well with every build I tried. Got the best results with the Eclipse using a single 30g quad core 40g wrap SS316L from Advanced Vape Supply.

If it wasn’t for the seeping problem the Blotto Single would win out for me due to consistent flavor with every build and juice capacity. If I can’t fix the seeping problem then the Blotto Single will get an early retirement but I will continue to use the Eclipse since it’s flavor rivals single coil RTA’s at much higher prices.

I would definitely recommend the Eclipse RTA as long as you don’t mind fiddling to get the right build and it’s juice capacity isn’t a problem for you.

For those that are wondering why the Hohmslice is featured, I use the same mod whenever comparing tanks for consistency. The Hohmtech chips have always been consistent for me and I might have bought. A half dozen Hohmslice when they were on clearance for $25 lol

12 Likes

Could your seepage issue be connected to pressure issues as well? Wouldn’t be a bother to try removing the gasket to find out. One of my black matte jk mr’s is seeping from the 510 but been too lazy to see if I can fix it with an oring or another insulator thingy.

6 Likes

Yeah, could be. Going to try the Bogan fix in a couple of days and will report back

4 Likes

Don’t have the Blotto but I gotta say, that’s a lot of condensation, wow! That thing needs Depends.

6 Likes

All of you were right about my VooPoo Drag Plus. Once I wake it from sleep it keeps firing. I haven’t timed it but it seems to stay awake for a good long time. Thx for the help. I feel better knowing i didn’t get a lemon. I’m not familiar with VooPoo mods.

7 Likes

Lol, I have the same Hohm Slice, color and all.

I heard people complaining about leakage in the Silverplay 24 and one person said to turn it upside down before opening up the AF ring for pressure reasons. I’ve been doing it ever since and never got a leak again. Don’t know if this will apply to the Blotto but just saying if all else fails.

5 Likes

Thx @Lostmarbles Turns out everyone was right about the sleep mode. I was using it in a rotation and I guess by the time I got back to the Drag Plus it was in sleep mode.

5 Likes

Received the new Asvape & Ohmboy Arya mod yesterday. So far so good. Nice finish and ergonomic. Feels sturdy. Usual bells and whistles as far as modes etc. It does have a mode called Smart AI that reads your resistance and automatically sets the “proper” wattage. Just like the Vaporesso Gens. There are also 6 different colors to choose from in the menu for the screen.

20211004_153822

11 Likes

That looks like a big boy!

4 Likes

It’s not that bad actually. It’s at about 2 1/4in across, 1in deep and 3 1/4in high.

10 Likes

That looks pretty nice, what is the biggest tank it will hold? Read that is it does well they will release a squonk version.

3 Likes

Good question. The website doesn’t say but I will be back home later tonight and see what I can put on it for an estimate.

Edit: @mjag I totally missed this picture of the specs on the site :man_facepalming:

Screenshot 2021-10-04 221053

I just measured with calipers and the 510 plate is 25mm. It looks like it can hold a 30mm :+1:

8 Likes

Hahaha, I have always liked the Hohmslice but just look at it wrong and the paint chips off. Still such a solid chip, I am thinking of sending a couple off to Voorhees custom mods to have a 3D printed enclosure made for them but using a 21700 instead of these outdated 26650’s.

@MisterSinner thanks for the specs, definitely on my list now, I have a sickness that can only be cured by mods that hold 30mm lol

7 Likes

I believe OhmBoy still has some on his site. And 25% off with code grimmyoc. :+1:

Edit: Of course I forgot to put the link to the site.

8 Likes