Hardware - Quick Reviews thread

Could your seepage issue be connected to pressure issues as well? Wouldn’t be a bother to try removing the gasket to find out. One of my black matte jk mr’s is seeping from the 510 but been too lazy to see if I can fix it with an oring or another insulator thingy.

6 Likes

Yeah, could be. Going to try the Bogan fix in a couple of days and will report back

4 Likes

Don’t have the Blotto but I gotta say, that’s a lot of condensation, wow! That thing needs Depends.

6 Likes

All of you were right about my VooPoo Drag Plus. Once I wake it from sleep it keeps firing. I haven’t timed it but it seems to stay awake for a good long time. Thx for the help. I feel better knowing i didn’t get a lemon. I’m not familiar with VooPoo mods.

7 Likes

Lol, I have the same Hohm Slice, color and all.

I heard people complaining about leakage in the Silverplay 24 and one person said to turn it upside down before opening up the AF ring for pressure reasons. I’ve been doing it ever since and never got a leak again. Don’t know if this will apply to the Blotto but just saying if all else fails.

5 Likes

Thx @Lostmarbles Turns out everyone was right about the sleep mode. I was using it in a rotation and I guess by the time I got back to the Drag Plus it was in sleep mode.

5 Likes

Received the new Asvape & Ohmboy Arya mod yesterday. So far so good. Nice finish and ergonomic. Feels sturdy. Usual bells and whistles as far as modes etc. It does have a mode called Smart AI that reads your resistance and automatically sets the “proper” wattage. Just like the Vaporesso Gens. There are also 6 different colors to choose from in the menu for the screen.

20211004_153822

11 Likes

That looks like a big boy!

4 Likes

It’s not that bad actually. It’s at about 2 1/4in across, 1in deep and 3 1/4in high.

10 Likes

That looks pretty nice, what is the biggest tank it will hold? Read that is it does well they will release a squonk version.

3 Likes

Good question. The website doesn’t say but I will be back home later tonight and see what I can put on it for an estimate.

Edit: @mjag I totally missed this picture of the specs on the site :man_facepalming:

Screenshot 2021-10-04 221053

I just measured with calipers and the 510 plate is 25mm. It looks like it can hold a 30mm :+1:

8 Likes

Hahaha, I have always liked the Hohmslice but just look at it wrong and the paint chips off. Still such a solid chip, I am thinking of sending a couple off to Voorhees custom mods to have a 3D printed enclosure made for them but using a 21700 instead of these outdated 26650’s.

@MisterSinner thanks for the specs, definitely on my list now, I have a sickness that can only be cured by mods that hold 30mm lol

7 Likes

I believe OhmBoy still has some on his site. And 25% off with code grimmyoc. :+1:

Edit: Of course I forgot to put the link to the site.

8 Likes

I stopped buying a bunch of mods after buying a couple of the dual coil Steam Crave Supreme V3 tanks and put them atop the Lost Vape Thelma’s with the DNA 250C chipset. These have max flavor for days using the DNA, and one doesn’t need to be a rocket scientist to work the Escribe application, but is nice to customize the displays just like you like them to appear. Plus, lots of files to download to change them up a bit, if desired. The tanks are also very quick to rebuild for endless full flavor vaping without the burn, being the temps are controlled throughout the life of the cotton. An awesome combo that just works great…Finally.

12 Likes

That’s what I said after pairing up the lv therions with the obs nanos. Now a mere year or two later I’m not using either. Lol

5 Likes

LOL. I don’t need much…Just a clean full flavored vape. I do have plenty of other backups, but would dread having to use them now. Will see what the future holds. I am not completely shutdown to new tech ways of vaping. I also enjoy mixing my own juice to dial them in as well. Never had it so good in twelve years now of vaping.

7 Likes

I just put my Vandy Vape Iconic to work. It’s a good dual coil RDA. Real good flavor and good cloud.

The airflow only has limited adjustability. Full open is quite airy, I’m going to say moderately so, to be cautious. You can close it down to a moderately restrictive, not MTL but you can feel the restriction. To adjust you rotate the barrel, there is no barrel stop. It has side and angled bottom up airflow. I raised my coils to just below the top of the posts leaving quite a bit of space below the coils, with good results. I have not tried other positions.

It comes with three very nice 810 drip tips. One solid black, one is frosted white, and one is a green and sand color or gold swirls. They are short tips but that hasn’t presented any problems. The black and frosted tips have a real nice knurled texture cut into them. I’m not sure about the other green tip, I’m thinking it’s smooth but would have to check to be sure.

Nice O-rings with spares, just the right amount of friction and I can pick up a medium weight mod by the RDA with a comfortable amount of confidence it won’t drop. Great machining protected by a liberal amount of oil that washed off nicely using just a hot water bath. I like clamp style posts and these are top screw, spring loaded with a nice big screw head for Phillips or standard. Included in the spares are hex screws if you prefer them. The juice well is plenty deep enough. It comes with BF and standard 510 pins. I only paid $9.99 usd.

Picture in the Hand check thread :arrow_forward:

12 Likes

That’s awesome for something that works as you like. Love when that happens!

9 Likes

I have been using the Mutant RDA for a few months now and If you like vertical build decks this is a fantastic RDA imo. Easy to build and lots of different airflow options. The more I use it, the more I love it. Such amazing flavor from it. This s a keeper! I really wanted a black or gun metal but the SS was all I could find at the time. I think I will go hunting. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I got mine for £5 solely for the drip tips. I do use it from to time to time, though I’ve always found the VV Pulse 24 to give better flavour: It’s an oldies but a goodie.

5 Likes