Hardware - Quick Reviews thread

I think my blunder has managed to clarify the meaning.

I don’t mind taking the fall for it: I need the odd dose of humility.

5 Likes

As I have never used Escribe or a DNA - it’s a different world to me:

I make the coils and cotton to match the RDA, press play, and get vapour.

10 Likes

Maybe “Short Reviews For Hardware” or “Hardware - Quick Reviews” ?

11 Likes

“Reviews while sitting on the can” :rofl:

12 Likes

i think ‘Clarity from the Crapper’ may be a fitting title.

It feels like a name which will be the foundation of honest notations on things: I raise a few off-hand in jest (like the top cap of Drop 1.5 being too loose to hold) and maybe a thread just for such things is needed.

10 Likes

Nothing wrong with that. Some of us take alternate routes, but the destination is still the same. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Well it results in a satisfying hit and experience: What brings us together.

Escribe et al seems like adding homework to me but, I get that some like to control the minutiae of the experience.

Edit: e.g. It is technically my night off but have set up a lot over audio kit to loan over a 4:40am alleged djinn. And, I have the boredom of listening to all.

4 Likes

I have had a few of those. My 528 did that all the time till I gave a few wraps of dental floss under the two bottom O rings… Now I can pick it up and not worrying about leaving the rest of the RDA and mod behind. Could have used heavier O rings but I’m a cheap SOB.

9 Likes

I’m always interested in a 21700 SBS. If you change your mind on this one I’ll buy it off you.

7 Likes

The last 21700 mod I bought was the Voopoo Drag X Plus:

I like everything about this mod…light, nice in the hand, nice on batteries but…it has one quirk that annoys me. It doesn’t always fire on the first hit. Must be something going on with the button contact. The screen layout is a bit too busy but clear and bright. The Gene chip is solid. If I had more motivation I would have sent it back for another but I’d rather just take a look at the button connection myself.

14 Likes

I remember one of the Voopoo mods I have doing the same thing, it goes to sleep so when it has been sitting for awhile the first button press doesn’t work, you have to hit it again. You think that is what’s happening?

15 Likes

Oh geez, I didn’t think of that. No other mod of mine does that so it didn’t even cross my mind. It hits really well so maybe yea, you’re right. One way to be sure is let it sit for awhile. Thx mjag :+1:

13 Likes

Got mine from Fast Tech muth. At the time, it was the cheapest I could find. I’m sure they still have stock but the sale is over.

7 Likes

That’s the way it is with the VooPoo mods now.
My X does it also.
My Drag 2 does the same thing.
Nothing wrong with your mod

10 Likes

Mine are the same @muth and I am sure @mjag is right about the sleep thing as I recall seeing something about that in a review. Though I don’t mind the mod, it doesn’t seem to hit as well as others I have in any of the modes with my MTL builds so I just have mine as spares,

8 Likes

Just for the detail …
In Drag 2, it doesn’t happen to me.
In the Drag 2 refresh edition, yes, that happens. And another difference, when I take out the tank, the old one asks for confirmation for new resistance, and the new RE does not …
I haven’t checked it, but it looks like a different chip.

10 Likes

@Gus6 my Drag X Plus mods don’t ask for confirmation but just changes the wattage in either of the 2 wattage modes. In TC it just changes the resistance but no other settings (temp or wattage).

7 Likes

Yeah, my Drag 2’s are the black Refresh Editions.
I should have clarified that in my post.
Thanks

8 Likes

I need to update this. At first I thought it might be my wicking as after some use I would get liquid on the top of my mod but never after filling, just after using it for awhile. I rewicked and everything was going great but after filling it up maybe 4 times the juice still built up on top of my mod. Now I am convinced it is condensation building up based on hiw it is pooling around the AFC ring that has a seem.

Don’t mind the mod, it is my old vlack Hohmslice that I stripped the paint off of, ugly but still works.

I did see a YouTube that Bogan put up about leaking on the Blotto Single coil but it talked about leaking after filling up. I don’t have that problem, it is just a buil up over time.

Anyone else have that problem?

8 Likes

Eclipse single coil RTA by Yachtvape

Got this the same day as the Blotto Single coil RTA, quick review above. I have been using both with the same build and at first preferred the Blotto for flavor but with the right build it has gotten a lot closer. It also helped on the Eclipse to cut the airflow down to match the Blotto, about halfway got the flavor much closer. What the Blotto still wins at is juice capacity, have to refill the small Eclipse more often.

The Eclipse is crazy easy to wick and after 4 or 5 builds I have not gotten any leaking or seeping. I have run into a seeping problem with the Blotto which is unfortunate and I am hoping to find a fix. I did see the Bogan video saying to remove the oring around the top of the chimney but that is referring to leaking while filling up which is not the problem I am having.

The Eclipse is much better than I expected but is not as build friendly as the Blotto that worked well with every build I tried. Got the best results with the Eclipse using a single 30g quad core 40g wrap SS316L from Advanced Vape Supply.

If it wasn’t for the seeping problem the Blotto Single would win out for me due to consistent flavor with every build and juice capacity. If I can’t fix the seeping problem then the Blotto Single will get an early retirement but I will continue to use the Eclipse since it’s flavor rivals single coil RTA’s at much higher prices.

I would definitely recommend the Eclipse RTA as long as you don’t mind fiddling to get the right build and it’s juice capacity isn’t a problem for you.

For those that are wondering why the Hohmslice is featured, I use the same mod whenever comparing tanks for consistency. The Hohmtech chips have always been consistent for me and I might have bought. A half dozen Hohmslice when they were on clearance for $25 lol

12 Likes