Hardware - Quick Reviews thread

Hellvape Fat Rabbit RTA

Been vaping a pair of these for maybe a month already and it keeps impressing me. With dual 3mm it is very tasty, might be verging on one of my favorite RTA’s but haven’t compared directly. With a 5mm single coil it is downright delicious as well, I might like it even better but am not complaining with either configuration. You need to use a big coil for single due to the big wicking slots.

My favorite airflow settings is bottom airflow full open and 2 side flow airflow open. Tried different settings but that has given me the best flavor so far.

Highly recommended but keep in mind it is a 28mm tank. Any questions just ask away.

11 Likes

Any issues with leakage? I’ve been considering this one for my Hyperion.

5 Likes

No problems with leaking and have maybe 6 builds between the 2 I bought.

Been using the Vaperz Cloud Valkarie on my Hyperion with a single 5mm coil.

It is good but think I like the dual coil build better. Still messing with the Valkyrie but it is unique, a 30mm RTA that has a Ultem chamber reducer that makes it vape like a much smaller tank. I like it enough I ordered a second but am only 2 builds in so far.

Edit: whats nice about the Valkyrie as well is the top airflow but it hits the coils from the side and a bit under, sort of like the awesome vaperz cloud Asgard RDA

7 Likes

So I got the Seigfried mesh RTA in about a week ago and this thing has frustrated me since. It keeps wanting to dry hit no matter how I wick it. I tried using the instructions included…nope. Went online and looked it up, watched some videos…nope. It’s gotten better but I can only take about 7 - 10 hits before you sense that dry hit coming. Finally tried it with a regular 4mm wound coil and guess what? Works like a dream. I’ll probably go back to it again - some day. I will say that it’s solidly built and everything fits well, but for mesh performance, the Zeus X mesh is still the king IMO.

10 Likes

Good to know. I got one as well but haven’t had time to mess with it much, 1 build and yeah, not impressed thus far with mesh performance and wicked it twice. Thinking I might try rayon wick next and if that is a disaster will just try a 4mm normal coil and call it a day.

Thanks for the insights brother :pray:

9 Likes

Good luck! If you do get it to work right, please let me know.

7 Likes

Hopefully you’ll get it going. Mesh dry hits redefined the word brutal!

9 Likes

Oh, I know! I’ve gotten to where I can detect when they’re coming before you get that taste of Satan’s Kiss. It’s a shame too because I really wanted to like this thing. I just don’t get some of the You Tube reviews exclaiming how its a great RTA and are puffing away on it like nothing. I’m not new to mesh decks, but I think from now on, if it doesn’t have a center spring device under the cotton, I’m just going to stay away from it.

7 Likes

Yes, I would think having a center spring is essential for support. Are you getting any sag with the wick?

4 Likes

No, I thought about that, but the tightness of the cotton in the coil keeps it firm all the way across. I checked it a few times over the numerous attempts at rewicking and hoping I got it right. I actually found some of those tiny curved sewing scissors and trimmed the hell out of the cotton ends and it helped get me another two or three puffs, but to the same effect. Tried more cotton, less cotton, cut flush with the top and sides of the coil…nothing. Tried cotton bacon, cotton pads and that cotton rope that never fails, all to the same results. It reminds of the headaches I had with the original Doom mesh RTA. That thing was a nightmare.

8 Likes

Hi
I have Blotto single coil rta and Eclipse single coil rta. I have issues with both. I am getting muted flavor with Blotto. I am using frame staple clapton which is one my favorite coils for flavor. On the eclipse I am getting spitback / lot of crackling but great flavor. I tried using 2.5 mm coil and 3mm same thing.

6 Likes

Try using more cotton in the coils. Always works for me. Make sure the cotton is tighter inside the coil. Stops the flooding issues that is giving you the spit-back.

9 Likes

@rcleven is right, your wicks might be too loose if your experiencing a lot of spit back. The Eclipse coil is pretty close to your mouth as well so a different coil might work better. I don’t have it in front of me but I think I used a quad core fused clapton in the Eclipse with good results. I tend to go bigger, might have been a 3.5mm coil.

7 Likes

You need more cotton.

7 Likes

Welcome @kreso1 . What they said :heavy_plus_sign::+1:

6 Likes

Thank you everyone

7 Likes

PSX_20211103_162829

https://www.armageddonmfg.com/

series coil build, simple N80 24ga.

The Zion! A 22mm SRDA

10 Likes

I’ve just finished setting up a Hellvape Hellbeast and it was an utter pleasure to coil it: Trim, unscrew, slap in and screw in. There was no flaffing around with twisting them to make sure that they align properly with the airflow.

(I put in my usual quadcores in rather than the dual ones that came with it).

The taste, well it’s pretty damn good. It does tend to highlight creams a tad more than others but still does a good job of presenting all notes in more complex blends.

13 Likes

Now for a quick review.

Tip - follow the up arrow in the quotation box to see the pictures of the coil build.

I have never been a fan of small RDA’s, small build decks, small drip tips, and small coils…until now!

The Armageddon Manufacturing Zion 22mm RDA/SRDA. I love everything about this little guy. The machining is flawless, the fit is phenomenal, the engraving is deep. Even though it’s small, the build deck seems huge. At first I was a bit weirded out by the layout of the air flow slots. I purchased the Zion specifically to try out my Wismec Noisy Cricket mech mod which can only accommodate a 22mm addy… I didn’t know the Zion comes with a bottom feed pin so that is just a bonus.

Preparing for my first coil build on the Zion I just couldn’t bring myself to put a coil in with the airflow coming in at that angle. Nevertheless, I played with the numbers and different wire selections to design a coil build that should go well with the series 18650 full mech mod. I was planning a single coil in the 0.6 to 1.3 Ohm window. Juggling numbers I decided I wanted a 3.0 mm diameter, 10.5 or 11.5 wrap simple round wire coil made of N80. For me it’s rare that I use a coil over 6 wraps. With 10.5 wraps the coil is pretty wide and the Zion posts are very close together. I knew I would have to do some fancy bending of the legs. Then I thought with a little more than normal spacing I should be able to fan out the coil in a circular arch, avoiding the fancy leg bends and making more sense of the off angle air flow slots. As I started spacing my coils it hit me that I can just bend the single coil and it would be just like dual coils in relation to the air slots. With this configuration the coil legs only need a small curve to line up perfectly with the post. As a bonus I would have two more cotton legs to help fill up the massive juice well. It seems like it all just fell into place like it was meant to be! Maybe this is the way it was meant to be?

It works great with the series 18650 batteries. That 0.97 Ohm coil heats instantly and cools down relatively quick. All that cotton holds a bunch of juice at a time making for a good dripper with a high number of pulls between re-dripping. I’ve been hitting this non-stop for three days and I still have mileage left on the original cotton. It’s a warm vape. If that is not for you you can add a wrap or two.

The Zion RDA is very well made and is quite versatile. I believe you can build it for MTL, DTL, or RDTL.

Unfortunately they are halting sales soon. The bright side is they are priced to fly off the shelves. This RDA has been cloned and I think the clone is available now so take advantage while you can and get the original for the same price

Edit: Too late to buy the original. I just looked and they are all gone😥 I wanted to buy another one in black.

7 Likes

Hey guys and gals. I have a Steam Crave sneak peek to show off. Something that is now being made. Would this be a good thread to post it, or is there a better spot. It’s a show and tell and review of a something that is coming very shortly. :slight_smile:

If it’s okay to post it here I will do that in a few hours. I want to get some nice pictures of it and the breakdown pic’s etc etc .

9 Likes