Hardware - Quick Reviews thread

Well, I haven’t had it tip or even act like it was going to and the mod I have had it on is not a heavyweight by any means. That said, This pumper is pretty solid. It’s not terribly heavy but it’s not light plastic either. I will pull out my scale later and see what it weighs.

7 Likes

Oh sorry, missed your other question. I believe it is simply The SC Pumper. I will get clarification on that later

4 Likes

I love Steamcrave stuff but I am meh on this. Like you mentioned others have tried it, I tried those and the novelty wore off fast. I am sure it works better than those but still it is the length and added component when I can just do a build on a RTA or RDTA and be done with it.

These first came out when an RDA was the best possible flavor you could get, that is not the case anymore. Many RTA and RDTA’s put out flavor to rival the best RDA’S and are much more convenient.

I personally would like Steamcrave to keep it’s focus on tanks, what they are best at.

11 Likes

Thanks for your thoughts friends. I have a feeling those that will like this type of thing are, those that like gadgets and doodad’s and possibly those that want to use it on a tube mod, whether it be regulated or unregulated. So I think it is worth SC producing it, but also realize that it won’t be a massive seller. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Now this is not my all day vape and never will be…. I have used the OG Koko in the toilets at work coming on 2 years. Perfect for it! :crazy_face:

I had to share how much of an improvement in flavour this new version has over the old. The first mix, tweaked for the OG, a blackcurrant candy which I put through it was way over flavoured. Much smoother draw.
I’m going to try a more complex recipe in it now to see how it stands up, normally I only put candy profiles in these sort of things.
The size of the fill port. It is minuscule, I carved down the tip of one bottle to fit, none of my bottles tips fit it so far.

11 Likes

The Universe works in mysterious ways. I was JUST looking at that the other day. :+1:

This is what I use for my caliburn. It’s plastic though

7 Likes

Dan, I use a sharpie on the tops and draw a different number of lines on each … then use them for my SFTs. On my note/scribble paper I put the name of the concentrate :grinning:
bottle_tops

6 Likes

Thanks! :+1: I’m shocked I can actually find them to deliver here in Australia from Amazon. Although postage ($13.50) is more than the bottles, typical :money_mouth_face:

5 Likes

Not a review but maybe lets cross some fingers. I am bending Maggie’s ear on getting BJ to start thinking about designing a nice 28mm RDA with side and bottom airflow. I think that will sell better than a pumper :slight_smile: Well, just my thoughts anyway.

4 Likes

While your bending ears….steamcrave hasn’t put out an rda in forever and a day, squonking is super popular, and there are a handful of squonk mods that will take a 30mm, even more that take a 24/25mm….i know its a departure from their norm, but i feel like if SC made a squonk rda with a focus on flavor and leak resistance it would probably be the best on the market:)

7 Likes

Well yes, that’s what I was saying above. ( unless I am misunderstanding your post, which wouldn’t surprise me lol) I was suggesting that. I’m sure if they decided to do it, that it would have a BF pin. But should they decide to go ahead with making a RDA , I will make sure to mention it needs to have a BF pin so folks can use it on their squonk mods

7 Likes

Typical!! Sorry Mate, I always forget you are in Australia.

5 Likes

No worries! It’s the thought that counts :wink: I found some here but they wanted $9 a bottle
I have a Macguver idea, when I go to work next I’m gonna acquire some needles and see if I can find one that fits inside the plastic tip.

4 Likes

They already designed it with the Ragnar in RDA mode, just shrink it down to 28mm but even at 35mm it is a winner in RDA mode.

I always thought they need to revisit the Glaz RTA, more airflow with better bottom airflow placement and shorter wicking would be a winner IMO. I enjoyed the flavor from the Glaz RTA but it just needs some tweaking.

7 Likes

I agree with that.

I’m not sure I follow. Do you mean like this…?

6 Likes

It was briefly talked about awhile back, as far as the GLAZ, and I have to agree with you on the flavor. The GLAZ puts out wonderful flavor. Not to mention how cool it looks (to me anyway) Who knows though, maybe in the future they will revisit the idea. The GLAZ was not a huge seller for them. Well, I mean nothing like the Plus series.

5 Likes

I think I was getting a bit fancy :rofl:I meant to fit the needle through the plastic tip on the bottle

Not sure my piss weak drawing helps makes sense of my crazy idea.

No need now that I found my 10mls fit perfectly

5 Likes

I think they should still sell the Glaze RDA. The optional metal top cap they had was a fail (sucks for flavor) and may have tainted the Glaze RDA image as a whole.

4 Likes

Would this be sort of thing you’re after?

8 Likes

@marsh8 these come in all sizes and are easy to find.

7 Likes