Hardware - Quick Reviews thread

Yeah, the metal top cap definitely sucked, I need to find the glass top cap to use it again. Have you tried the Ragnar in RDA mode? To squonk you have to use one of the Plus V2 squonk decks so you lose the bottom airflow but it is still really good.

@Deb50 did SC ever come out with a Ragnar deck with bottom airflow that squonks? I thought Maggie said it wasn’t possible but I haven’t been keeping up.

4 Likes

I don’t think they did, but I can verify that later this evening when Maggie comes online. and yep I hated that metal cap too, it was horrid. I wasn’t in that testing group.

The testers are sort of mixed up here and there. We don’t all work on the same stuff. When they were making the lipo mod for example, I wouldn’t of been much help in that one as I knew nothing about lipo mods. Still don’t really, although I do have that one big custom lipo mod by JD. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m afraid I’m not following this discussion very well. Regular every day unicorn tips fit fine for me in both the Calbun and Caliburn G pods.

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: OMG I found that so effing hilariously funny!! Mostly because I know exactly what you mean.

sometimes I will snip part of the thingamabob thingy with scissors.

5 Likes

I actually misunderstood your post lol, i totally missed the rda part and thought you were talking about a slightly smaller tank lol, a dedicated rda would be awesome, i have used my plus v2 in squonk/rda mode with the mesh deck but i kept oversquonking due to forgetting the well underneath the build deck, user error but i had the same problem when trying it out as an rda lol

7 Likes

I have a slew of those from the old days when you had to bottom fill from the tiny screw hole on the early RTAs, (Kayfuns, Orchid, OG Goblin et al).

5 Likes

Back to the Voopoo Drag X Plus that falls into sleep mode that ya’ll helped me with. Now I appreciate that mod, the sleep mode is a real battery saver :+1:

5 Likes

Ha! I just went through my vape junk drawer and found my old Delta II RTA. You had to take that one apart and fill it from the bottom, being careful to make sure none of the liquid got into the chimeny. IIRC, that wasn’t a bad tasting rta. Might have to giver 'er another try.

4 Likes

I am currently using the original Smok VCT sub tank with the RBA deck and that’s a bottom fill.
Works perfectly to this day.

Personally I’d rather unscrew the base than risk flooding the deck. I understand the ease of top filling but to be honest I prefer the older method.

5 Likes

The Delta II rocks for flavor :grin: It blew the Mini Subtank away but never got the same love. I assume you have the RBA deck? If you feel extra inspired build a chimney coil on that thing and I guarantee you’ll be blown away. I keep wanting to pull that one out but never get around to it.

5 Likes

Most of my favorite MTLs are KF 2019s and I don’t mind at all the bottom fill. It’s worth it. And for DL the OG Goblin (screw fill) was far better on flavor than it’s counterparts of the day. another one that didn’t get as much love. The tiny build deck turned some people off but that’s because they wanted to force big coils on it.

5 Likes

Thats just how I’d vape it. Vertical with the wick on the outside - mmm! Now that I think about it, someone had the RBA’s on clearance for 0.90 not too long ago. Should have bought a few. Damnit…

4 Likes

UPDATE:
Just saw that https://joyetech.us/ had them in stock for 9.99 with a 25% BLK25 code. Also, if you buy the Delta II Tank (12.99), when you check out, it will prompt you to add (5) FREE 0.5ohm coil heads and a FREE RBA deck (you have to select the free options when prompted). Since it’s a black friday code, I’m sure it won’t last much longer. If anyone is interested in a good MTL/RDL tank, this is a good 'un.

3 Likes

I still have a bunch of the OG Goblins but I converted them to top fill.
I sealed the bottom screw and used a Cobalt bit and drilled a hole through the top cap.
The o rings from the drip tip seal it and I use a needle point 30ml bottle to fill them

8 Likes

fantastic!

4 Likes

Thanks. It makes the Goblins much more enjoyable.
And they give excellent flavor and I don’t have to fill that often with the 4.2 ml extension kits

5 Likes

quick review

Holy smokes!!!

emoji_mind_blown

8 Likes

Seems to be all you need to say about that beast.

3 Likes

The Valhalla Mini V2:

(The drip tip does not come with it).

After a few weeks of using it, I can class it as an imposing cloud-chucker with decent flavour. It is certainly no match for a 25mm Nightmare or Asgard on intensity of flavour but it certainly sets a new benchmark for the big boys: I have been favouring this over my Ragnar with a velocity desk and it still manages to perform in taste and giving a decent hit, during walks, in the encroaching UK winter.

7 Likes

Quick review:

PSX_20211129_193631

PSX_20211129_194321

10 Likes