Harsh TPA Juicy Peach

Now it’s not TPA, but FA White Peach I was getting the harshness as low as 0.3% and that’s where I gave up on peaches.

The most annoying thing was that the flavour was good, just my throat couldn’t handle it.

I even tried complementing the peaches with softer sorts of fruits and dumping heaps of cream, but no cigar!

5 Likes

I’ll let you know how is INW Peach for me, maybe there’s hope for you too :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I hope so! Do like a good peach in real life, also just got JF Honey Peach so I will be revisiting peaches. :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Umm, I’m trying to resist recommending Medicine Flower. all over the place. But hey! I’ve rarely ever seen a clearer need for the stuff, so here I go again. Unless you have issues with acual peach fruit, you guys should be fine with this:

https://www.medicineflower.com/565.html
or this
https://www.medicineflower.com/pewhfl.html

Alternatively , if you’re on a tight budget, and living in the USA, you could try this:

Or any other organic Peach flavour you can find.( I say “organic” because so -called “natural” flavours are often highly synthetic in fact. and might well contain the same chemicals)

5 Likes

I have looked and researched Medicine Flower, many a time and peach was 1 on my list. It’s never been the price of the flavour. Rather the $50 postage to get it downunder.

5 Likes

hmm. I have two Aussie outlets for MF on my MF Suppliers thread but I just checked them. The website for one of 'em is currently down, and the other? I’m not sure they still sell MF, I’m having big problems with their search function.

If you (or anybody) would like to check these out for me a bit more thoroughly , then report back (on that thread) I’d be grateful. Similarly, any other retailers that crop up- please post 'em.

I know, USA postage is outrageous, but if you check out Good Earth Beauty , I think you’ll probably get a better postage deal there. It also might be worth trying one of the UK/ EU retailers, cos it looks like UK postage is generally a much better deal than US. Again, check out that thread for links. and if you find anything I don’t yet know about, please post it!

5 Likes

At least one of the links work, thanks!
22 pounds, WOW

3 Likes

Anyone know if the brand “Real Flavours” is only made of real fruits? If that’s the case it shouldn’t be harsh

2 Likes

I have been to the medicine flower site before, it looks familiar. It’s the same prices I remember, it’s either $48 or $120 and that’s US. Converted that’s about $230 for 5 x 15ml. :cry:

3 Likes

Juicy peach can be harsh it can be modified with some stevia to take most of the harshness out of it. I no longer use it as FA white peach is much nicer again there can be a little throat hit which a small amount of stevia will also fix.

Real Flavors peach is very good but will need something else to help it (some nectarine either tpa or flv and/or apricot fa or flv are very good modifiers ). It has no harsh notes or TH and usage is around 1.5 - 2.5% depending on other ingredients.

Medicine Flower is a very good peach and the usage is not as low as some MF .75 - 1% ish paired with fa white peach 1 - 1.5% is pretty good. It is hard to get past the buy in but it is worth the spend if you can bring yourself to do it.

7 Likes

It’s actually $22 (US) for the 15ml size, which , given the concentration, is prolly more than you need, unless you’re openining a juice factory. Maybe you were looking at the largersizes?

oops! yeah, i forgot, you pay extra in the UK, due to import duty and VAT. That said, if you’re in the UK, and order from the USA, you’ll have that added on by customs…on top of that insanely high US postage. So if you’re only ordering 1-2 flavours, it works out cheaper to buy from Uk retailers, if you live here.

I’ve heard of USA denizens paying less than we UK folk do, at certain sites, cos the VAT gets removed. Dunno if that works for all countries and all retailers .

Yeah, I know, it extremely pricy anyway, but the high concentration offsets that, and the gorgeous natural flavour makes it very worthwhile.

3 Likes

well. @Walt_RealFlavors used to post here quite a lot. he can answer that better than I can, but not sure he will (cos he hasn’t ben around so much lately)

I’ve used RFSC quite a lot, and do recommend them due to them being PG-free, highly concentrated, and pretty good besides. But, so far as I can gather, they’re “natural” in so far as the flavouring chemicals are extracted from natural sources, not necessarily the specified fruit. and they can therefore contain some quite surprising stuff like EM.

I see that you’re in the UK, so they’re surely worth a shot, if you buy the 10ml from RainbowVapes, but wouldn’t be surprised to find they’re chemically very similar to the other brands

3 Likes

I have been inspired to retry the peaches @federete, and I have just mixed the first peach mix in more than 6 months.

@woftam recommended JF Honey Peach :+1: and I’ve mixed it up in a recipe and it’s nice and with no harshness I’ve experience with other peaches and this is my initial taste test.

Sorry @jay210 didn’t explain it properly I got the $230 AU at checkout with 5 x flavours + postage of $48.

5 Likes

Great! After all this talking about peaches I am even thinking in getting some Medicine FLower :smiley: but will wait for my already ordered INW Peach first.

5 Likes

In that case, we need @BikesAndBacon to get her ass over here. Cos she’s also in the UK and thinking of organising a group buy for MF :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Shhh… I still lurk once in a while in the dark dark dark corner…

Yes if we can use real fruit, we dd. PS I can not think of a fruit flavor that is made WONF except for Mango. (I hate mango haha)

8 Likes

Great to see you Walt! :grin:

I had to look up WONF (With Other Natural Flavors).

I hate mango, too (way too sweet) but , for that very reason, can come in handy as a natural sweetener.
May i ask what else you add to the mango?

3 Likes

It is a combination of 10 years of misery and pain my friend. I can’t say exactly but it is other fruits that combine to mimic the taste.

Soon you will (if you have not already) grapefruit drop off the market. The price to make that has gone up about 4000% over the last year… I don’t know what China is doing with it but they are buying as much grapefruit as they can right now.

5 Likes

Looks like now is the time to stock up on those flavors then… thanks for the heads up

3 Likes

I have the same problem with the juicy peach, but not so with the “peach” from TPA, also as bump or mellower try using Purilum White Peach. It’s and much less acidic or tart tasting just like a real white peach is. just my 22222.bmp (147.5 KB) huhwhattwocents

4 Likes