Harsh TPA Juicy Peach

In that case, we need @BikesAndBacon to get her ass over here. Cos she’s also in the UK and thinking of organising a group buy for MF :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Shhh… I still lurk once in a while in the dark dark dark corner…

Yes if we can use real fruit, we dd. PS I can not think of a fruit flavor that is made WONF except for Mango. (I hate mango haha)

8 Likes

Great to see you Walt! :grin:

I had to look up WONF (With Other Natural Flavors).

I hate mango, too (way too sweet) but , for that very reason, can come in handy as a natural sweetener.
May i ask what else you add to the mango?

3 Likes

It is a combination of 10 years of misery and pain my friend. I can’t say exactly but it is other fruits that combine to mimic the taste.

Soon you will (if you have not already) grapefruit drop off the market. The price to make that has gone up about 4000% over the last year… I don’t know what China is doing with it but they are buying as much grapefruit as they can right now.

5 Likes

Looks like now is the time to stock up on those flavors then… thanks for the heads up

3 Likes

I have the same problem with the juicy peach, but not so with the “peach” from TPA, also as bump or mellower try using Purilum White Peach. It’s and much less acidic or tart tasting just like a real white peach is. just my 22222.bmp (147.5 KB) huhwhattwocents

4 Likes

Peach (SC) (Real Flavors) 0.75-2%
White Peach (MF) 0.5-1.25%

So very good. Both are great on their own, but combined they are super great! No dry notes, plenty juicy, but not watery.

The RFSC has a slight touch of candy and a lot of realness. It’s sweet/ripe enough (for me) on its own, too.

MF is a bit brighter and more natural tasting. A secret weapon to bring out the realness and nuance to any Peach recipe, natural or gummy/candied. It depends what you put with it.

5 Likes

Thanks!
Those % are for mixing both together or individually. If mixed together just halve them?

3 Likes

Just the general range I’ve found useful for each.
If you were to test them as a duo, I’d start at
RFSC Peach 1.25%
MF Wh. Peach 0.5%
This leaves some head room to bump 'em up if needed, but should be generally vivid enough for the wow-factor.

You can find the RFSC anywhere that caries RF.
MF, if your in the US, I use Good Earth Beauty. Use code GEB10 for 10% off and they always have free domestic shipping. Make sure to ask for a free sample of another MF flavor, too. They’re good about that.

Edit: Steep at least 3 days to test, they are good to go fairly early in the steep, but really shine at 4 weeks.

6 Likes

what are you mixing the juice in? glass or plastic container? I was experiencing the same harshness but found mixing in glass bottle made it a lot smoother.

7 Likes

Thanks LondonVaper. I mix in plastic, but I only have this harshness problem with Juciy Peach TPA and Blueberry Wild TPA. Someday will try glass - not a big fan of plastics though they are so useful…

2 Likes

Regarding TPA juicy peach, right now i’m vaping a mix that has 6%, and there is zero harshness in it
(the recipe is glass apple, 2% fuji apple FA, 6% juicy peach TPA and 8% strawberry ripe TPA)

I never used it in any other mixes, but this is one of my staples, and it’s never harsh, and I vape it after one night steep

As for plastic vs glass, in all honesty I never mixed in glass, just plastic, and it’s still not harsh.

4 Likes

interesting - i found certain flavours to have a harshness when steeped in LDPE plastic (juicy peach and blood orange FW come to mind), but not so in glass. Im waiting to receive some PET plastic bottlesto try those as glass isnt the most practical for mixing larger quantities

2 Likes

@adary, you don’t belong to the selected club of “lucky” people sensitive to Juicy Peach then :slight_smile:

@LondonVaper, I am inclined to think those chemicals in Juicy Peach to which some are sensitive do not come from reactions with plastic. I’ve noticed the harshness just after mixing.

4 Likes

That’s odd. I mix with FW blood orange regularly; I mix in glass beaker and transfer to ldpe bottle. I’ve not experienced any harshness from any flavor stored in ldpe, not even with the sharper grapefruit, lemons, or limes.

2 Likes

right - ill have to do an experiment and mix some juice in glass, PET and LDPE keeping all else constant and see. now im wodering if there is another factor i missed that explains the difference. what Nic levels are you using? i use 0.5mg nic - i wonder if higher nic level such as more common 3mg nic would mask the harshness.

2 Likes

Advice from TPA:

in general, it is best not to store these flavors long-term in soft (LDPE) plastic.
The plastic that we ship our 4 oz and 16oz sizes in is PET plastic, which is very resistantto interaction with the flavors

(https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/flavorsworkshop/shelf_life.pdf)

6 Likes

I have stored eliquid in both Glass and Pet plastic for many years now, even tho I prefer glass as the flavors tend to leach into the plastic over time there for changing the flavor and I never reuse plastic bottles for this same reason.
As far as mixing I mix in glass beakers or stainless steel.

3 Likes

This got me jonesing for a Peach recipe. I wanted to use these two in (roughly) this range and put some Caramel and Creams up against them to test their endurance. Just an hour after mixing so far, but this is great! The Peaches are prominent. Time will tell how they hold up.

4 Likes

I use 10-1.5mg salts in my and my cousin’s juices.

2 Likes