Has anyone else accidentally bought pure nic (1000mg)?, did you just cut it down?...or be very careful with use?

Has anyone else bought pure nicotine (1000mg) by mistake?, I have used .3 to make a 3mg 100ml e juice twice already. Please note that I am very cautious and use with extreme care. Anyways a question arises out of this…Cut it? Or keep using with extreme care?

1 Like

That so scary to me… I don’t even like working with 100mg nic. If you’re wanting to keep it, I’d dilute it all down to a safe level right away. Thick gloves, lab wear, goggles, etc. are a must if you’re working with that kind of strength. I absolutely wouldn’t mix with it in that form. One miscalculation or tiny spill could make you incredibly ill or worse.

5 Likes

No, not by mistake. If you did as mentioned earlier it may be worth it to cut it down to 100mg. And of course while wearing safety gear, in a well ventilated area and so on

4 Likes

It is illegal to have pure nicotine in some country’s, check your country’s laws.

You should have sent it back ASAP, there is no need to be putting your life and others at risk.

If your going to use it, do what has been suggested, gear up, ventilate and cut it down to safer, more manageable levels.

3 Likes

Personally, I’d strongly recommend full protective gear (long-sleeved full-length coat, full face shield, and long gloves), and then cut that 1000mg down into ten 100mg bottles by doing 9 parts PG to 1 part 1000mg.

1000mg is nothing to trifle with and should be handled/treated with the utmost care and respect.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’d be cutting that down as fast as i could, either to 500mg/ml or more likely, 100mg/ml. Its just too dangerous. You are talking about the deadliest substance you can probably purchase. Completely too dangerous to handle for the most part, 1 drop in your eye is probably death, or at least very close. Certainly too dangerous to have around pets or kids, certainly want gauntlet length gloves and an apron to handle it, certainly want a face shield to protect your orifices. Scary stuff.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Have a new face mask coming, will suit up and cut it down to 100mg/ml. Thanks for everyone’s input. Much appreciated

5 Likes

Yes. I ordered thinking it was 100mg/ml…anyways am waiting on my new face mask and will be cutting it down to 100mg/ml then instead of .3 just use 3ml. I think this would be the wisest thing to do. Anyways thanks for your reply

I meant to address this before, but using your last example as the reminder…

If there’s 100mg in one milliliter (which is literally what 100mg/ml means) then 3ml’s of that 100mg (after having been cut down) is still 300mg.

Please, please, please be careful while you’re doing all of this. The math is CRITICAL when dealing with Nicotine. It WILL NOT be forgiving like screwing up flavoring percentages will be (and even some of those can be punishing enough -just search for my experience with kona coffee at 3%).
Raw Nicotine (1000mg) can and likely WILL land you in the hospital if you make an error.

If you’re not ABSOLUTELY 100% CERTAIN that you can do this, and safely, I can almost guarantee you that someone here would be more than happy to see this done properly for you.

3% is NOT the same as 3mg!
EDIT 2: If an inexperienced mixer were to read the last post above, and think you were talking about putting 3ml of 100mg into a 30ml bottle… it’d be bad news.

Edit: OK, had to reread several times, and it looks like you get this, but given you didn’t reference the fact that you were making 100ml batches in the last post, I tripped up on the warning signs once again.
Still a good warming for those new folks that might find themselves in the same situation, though I still can’t believe someone actually sold 1000mg to a non-wholesale end user… That just blows my mind.

7 Likes

I would dilute it i wouldnt think twice

2 Likes

Keep i need mind everytime you open that nicotine is degrades from oxygen so making 500ml of diluted will cut down on how many times you open the original make a couple and throw in freezer

3 Likes

I would absolutely not handle anything stronger than 10% or 100 mg. even 500 is way to strong to be outside of an approved lab with trained people.

3 Likes

I’ve found a company that sells:
(name hidden for safety) Nicotine - 1000mg 1 Liter (free ground shipping) - $282.00…

I didnt think it was legal…

EDIT: Found another company that sells it… This one you all know…

Pure Nicotine 1 liter - £140.68 GBP

2 Likes

I meant make 500ml of 100mg

No , I don’t have enough balance on my credit card to make that mistake.Please be careful!

2 Likes

LOL you have a credit card??
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

/hugs his poor little molten-plastic debit card

What?! -hey, at least it’s kept me outta debt! :stuck_out_tongue: lol

1 Like

Ah, sorry, that makes more sense.

1 Like

Anyone else think it’s irresponsible for online shops to sell 1000mg nic? Now that more people are getting into diy, it’s just a matter of time before something bad happens. Imagine how the media and FDA would respond to that.

4 Likes

I am afraid that many people, who are not trained to do DIY stocking up for a black market when all the regulations kicks in . Those who dont give a sh*t about the community, only money.

3 Likes