Has anyone ordered a pre-order item from Fasttech before?

I want to place an order for a new mod…this one

My only problem is that I have had problems with pre-order items from other places before (Cvapor). When the item was supposed to be available it wasn’t and it went on for over a month so I had to cancel my order. I really want to order this mod, but I don’t want a nightmarish wait for it. I want to know if anyone has any experience with fasttech and pre-order items.

I’d shy away from it, primarily because you wait so long for it. I pre-ordered rev 2 of the noisy cricket from them during the chinese new year sale, and it was already old news by the time it showed up at the end of March.

1 Like

Well they say that it is supposed to be available on 7/30 so it would supposedly be only five days wait…of course then I would have to wait for them to fill my order and wait for the slow boat to arrive…I don’t mind waiting a little bit for shipping, I just don’t want to be told it will be five days then when that rolls around they say another week and then another week…I have just been through it before…but I didn’t know if fasttech is reliable on there wait times…

They have been known to have their wait times slip quite a bit at times, ymmv, you know how it goes. One guy can order something and it ships that day, another guy, same item ships in 10.

1 Like

Ive ordered things from them that said ships in 5 days and it did in fact ship in five days… but since its not actually in stock that date could potentially change so there is always that risk.

2 Likes

Thanks for the opinions guys, I think I am gonna go ahead and order it and if it isn’t there in the five days it says I will wait as long as I can and then cancel my order if I have too.

2 Likes

I have been ordering from them a lot lately and its on average about two weeks from order to door. They respond to tickets on the site well (usually within 24 hours) and seem to be good about their word. No complaints here great prices.

2 Likes

I’ve ordered pre-order items from them before, didn’t mind the wait because the price was great and they’ve kept to the date, in my case anyway.

That’s never a good idea, ordering during Chinese New Year always takes forever, pre-sale or not. Their parties go on forever and then they have a load of orders to work through with a hangover :upside_down:

1 Like

I’ve bought from ft many times 9 in the last yr and I’ll make a wild guess. If you ordered now i’d say you’d have a tracking # come the 5th-8th and would receive the mod around the 20th (depending where you live).

1 Like

Iver done so quite a few times and the wait times can be extremely long. Quite a few manufacturers dont like FT selling their products as they oft sell below MSRP so they have to go through a third party to get inventory. When this happens it can take months no matter the date they have posted.

I love FT and have placed a LOT of orders with them but they are shit with stock dates. Golden rule, order things you want from FT, not things you need right away.

3 Likes

When you order from FT, you need to forget about it, don’t even go checking tracking numbers or any of that, forget abou’it … it’ll arrive eventually, and it’ll be a nice surprise :smiley:

My Mage RTA is out there … somewhere … on that slow boat from China

3 Likes

Very good advice guys, and received, @Ken_O_Where I do not need a new mod right now I just wanted to order another one to build up my stock for the future, and @Uncaged I think I am gonna do just that…Forget about it after I order!

I actually tried to check out just now and for some reason no shipping options were showing up…I had four 30Q’s in my cart along with the mod and I guess they can no longer ship batteries to the U.S. Guess I will have to buy my batteries somewhere else.

2 Likes

I had heard that a while back and I guess it is now the law.That sucks but I kinda hated buying batteries from many places , got way too many fakes back in the day.
I do like this place ,never heard any reports of fakes.

2 Likes

Thanks for the link, not a bad price either…just placed an order for 4 of them :grinning:

2 Likes

I did not know that, thanks for the information. Wonder what this will mean for mods with batts in them.

2 Likes

Well surprisingly, most of the shipping options said that internal batteries were okay, just not external ones…can’t really explain that one…

This is what I got when I tried…

Regular Air Mail - unavailable for this order
USPS First-Class - cannot ship battery cells
EMS Speedpost Global Express - cannot ship battery cells
Registered Airmail via Singapore Post - cannot ship battery cells
DHL Express - cannot ship battery cells
Registered Airmail via China Post - cannot ship battery cells
Registered Airmail via Swiss Post - cannot ship to this address
Registered Airmail via Sweden Post - cannot ship to this address
USPS First-Class ePacket - cannot ship battery cells
Canada Express ePacket - cannot ship to this address
United Kingdom (UK) Express ePacket - cannot ship to this address
Australia/New Zealand Express ePacket - cannot ship to this address
Registered Airmail via Malaysia Post - cannot ship to this address
USPS First-Class via Hong Kong Post - cannot ship battery cells
Philippines Post - temporarily unavailable
Registered Surface Mail via Hong Kong Post - cannot ship to this address
France Express ePacket - cannot ship to this address
Russia Express ePacket - cannot ship to this address
Registered Airmail via Hong Kong Post - cannot ship battery cells
Germany Express ePacket - cannot ship to this address
Norway Express ePacket - cannot ship to this address
South Korea Express ePacket - cannot ship to this address
Singapore Express ePacket - cannot ship to this address
Vietnam Express ePacket - cannot ship to this address
FedEx ePacket SmartPost - cannot ship to this address
Registered Airmail via Russian Post - cannot ship to this address
TNT-PostNL Registered Airmail for Battery Products - cannot ship to this address
Registered Airmail via PostNL - cannot ship battery cells
Australia Expedited Air - cannot ship to this address
USPS Expedited for Battery Products - cannot ship to this address
UPS (Large Parcels) - cannot ship battery cells
China Post Surface Mail - cannot ship to this address
DHL Global Mail - cannot ship battery cells
Speedpost via Singapore Post - cannot ship battery cells

If you go to https://support.fasttech.com/FAQ/what-are-the-supported-shipping-methods it will show tell you if the built in batteries are okay or not

2 Likes

Unless you are planning on leaving the equipment to one of your children in your will, I advise against it.

3 Likes

My Arcus kit that I’ve won from @LordVapor is currently on hold by DHL awaiting their action. I don’t really understand it because it is already here so the lithium battery prohibition on planes is moot.
According to their website a single item containing a single lithium battery shouldn’t be a problem. More items are a problem and you’re required to pay a sum of money depending on the scale of the order! It always comes down to the same thing doesn’t it :money_mouth:

3 Likes

Ah, they have delivered it!!!

6 Likes