Heat (FLV) for throat hit or nicotine replacement?

Continuing the discussion from Black Pepper:

So I figured I’d best start a new thread for this topic as I have derailed the Black Pepper thread.

11 Likes

from my post in

11 Likes

Have you tried FA Flash? I used it in my clone my cig faze when I first vaping.

It was made to cause throat hit and it’s half the price of Flavorah.

11 Likes

If you are not PG sensitive, then going PG heavy is an easier way to add hit without buying any new flavours.

I generally go that way with most of my tobacco and cocktail blends as a 70/30 PG/VG is going to add a punch to a blend. Also, it means that you don’t need to use the same amount of concentrates when compared to VG based recipes.

7 Likes

I could not seem to find it when I was first looking, so went with Heat because it was available.

Oh yes, I did that too :grin: I usually mix at 60/40 pg/vg so I went with 50/50, the flavour was stronger but the TH was still lacking for me.
I then tried vodka but the bottle I had was very cheap and very old and I could taste metho in my vape :upside_down_face: so I ditched that.
That’s when I went looking for flash etc.

6 Likes

Due to the Australian governments stance on vaping and originally just nicotine I’ve long been searching for a replacement for nicotine.
To date the few that I have tried haven’t worked and these are ;

1/ FA Black Pepper which I mixed @3% 60PG and found it next to useless. Admittedly I haven’t tried it in a recipe as a replacement but honestly do not hold out any hope. From my notes and memory I did experience a very slight ‘tingle’ on exhale but nothing that could substitute.

2/ FA Flash which I mixed @3% solo and tasted or felt nothing whatsoever. I also mixed it @2% in a tobacco recipe with the same result. Basically for me it was completely useless.

3/ Signature Wasabi which I tried @2% and found it kind of tasteless but I think I sort of had a kind of sensation of a slight throat hit? You can see I’m unsure if it actually did anything or I was hoping it did. I haven’t tried it since so perhaps I should experiment a bit more with it.

4/ FW Capsicum Heat which I also mixed @2% with basically identical results and thoughts as Wasabi.

5/ I’ve also tried another product from FA called Bite Xtra which you substitute instead of PG/VG which played tricks on me. Initially I thought it was working but after a matter of hours it just stopped doing anything. No idea what happened there but it did make me wonder if my mind was just hoping too much as with others. I remember emailing John from FA UK and asking him questions about it. I always wondered considering Australian laws how come that particular product was never available here but even if it appeared tomorrow I wouldn’t buy it again. To be honest it probably wouldn’t be allowed in nowadays anyway even though it’s not nicotine or a tobacco product. I’m sure it would be classed as a smoking cessation product without TGA approval and fall under the ridiculous prescription scheme or something equally as ludicrous.

Hence my interest in Flavorah Heat which hopefully does a better job than the above.

7 Likes

Good roundup mate.

I find with MTL stuff that different atomisers give a different amount of throat hit and if the right RTA is dialled in with the right coil and spacing, I get a hit close to the nic one.

Not sure if the same can be done with DTL but it has allowed me to get down to 1mg with MTL. Now I just use nic for the oxidisation effect on mixes more than anything else.

7 Likes

Thanks and I’ll post an opinion on Flavorah Heat here when it arrives and I get around to mixing and testing it.
From what I’ve read it’s tasteless so I might try my usual 2.5% with Flavorah SFT and another a bit higher to see if I notice any difference.
I got it from Vapoureyes which unfortunately meant a 30ml bottle but it was from their clearance section so it was only a bit over $11 I think, so nothing much to lose.
I looked around and couldn’t find it at a lot of vendors so I guessing it’s not particularly popular.

7 Likes

I add it to my mixes at @ 0.3% (3-4 drops per 30ml). I don’t like spicy food though so my heat tolerance may be low.
I find “less is more” and would compare it to WS23 not a flavour, just heat.

I also purchased my 30mls at VE.
Flavour Chasers have it in 10ml.
Flavorah Heat | Flavour Chasers

8 Likes

I would be very interested in your finds. I asked a similar question about a year ago. Recently I experimented with two high nic salts that a friend piffed. One was a generic type tobacco from Cassadaga and a vanilla cream, same company, 50 mg nic. Generally I use 3mg. I tried adding a couple of drops in my tank and it provided a kick without affecting the flavor of the mix. Adding the tobacco to my tobacco recipe just boosted the TH and adding the vanilla to a dessert/bakery profile did the same thing. I’ve had people tell me that salts were smooth but that wasn’t my experience. Of course, this won’t work for you if you don’t want to add more nic to your mix.

5 Likes

That’s the one for me I’m afraid. The Heat is working for me. I will be interested to see how Gazza goes with it too.

7 Likes

Still waiting I’m afraid.
I’m hoping to see it in the next couple of days and if I find time I’ll mix it next weekend.

If being the operative word.
Every appliance seems to be crapping out lately and my retic needs some serious attention. Did I mention I seem to have some superstrong mutatated alien ant species that’s taken up residence around my house and garden. I reckon nothing short of an atomic bomb is going to kill them going by my luck so far.

6 Likes

Are they big ones? We have “inch ants” here that are vicious buggers and really hard to kill. They also have the same venom as bees which I found out the hard way a while back as I am allergic to both apparently.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t call them big and definitely nowhere near an inch but they are persistent little buggers that seem immune to all ant killers known to man.
My neighbour sprayed around the place last year after he heard me cursing over the fence. He had some magical potion which apparently is unavailable to mere mortals but due to his job he has access to it. That stuff seemed to work somewhat although I think it merely pissed them off and they’ve been strategising a revenge attack ever since.

I might have to rant and rave again within earshot. Either that or put an advert out for a few families of redbacks offering free lodging and all you can ear ant buffet.

5 Likes

Interesting, see if you can get a pic without being attacked. Probably should chuck it in a different thread so we don’t derail this one any more though…

4 Likes

Have had great luck getting rid of the ants and termites using a powder form of a product called Borax. Spreading it at the entrance of the hills the ants pick it up and bring it home and kills the whole lot. Doing it a couple of times around here have wiped out whole colony’s.

5 Likes

That’s what my grandma used.

5 Likes

As long as those ants aren’t carpenter ants eating your house, I would be grateful, lol. That’s what I have around here.

3 Likes

Carpenter ants will gather around wet or rotted wood. Had the Ash borer come through and killed a few of my trees. Ants came to feast on the stumps. Stumps are still there.The Ants are gone after a couple of Borax treatments.

4 Likes

You mean you had free stump removal? Cool beans…well until the borax.

5 Likes