HeavenGifts Giveaway: Win Geekvape Griffin RTA & Griffin Top Airflow Set

When I won a tank from HG the shipping was very fast via DHL. I received it within a week or so. When I placed a regular order…not so fast. On par with FT but not as bad as Gearbest.

2 Likes

You aint kidding… They shipped it Saturday, from China, and it may be in my hands today, Tuesday… Wow, just wow…

2 Likes

Congrats on your win bro. Well done. :ok_hand:

1 Like

So is this tank/airflow top on its way?

1 Like

Right lol my aio only took 3 days also hah dhl is pretty awesome, and thorough tracking system, also.

1 Like

Yep, cant believe how quick the shipping is, it will beat a fed ex shipment from Cali sent Thursday and this was sent from China on Saturday!

EDIT: It has arrived. Ill probably play with it a bit later, after some soak time.

So here is my review of this tank, consider that I am a relative newb to tanks. I do have some but for the past three or four years i have been using RDAs and just recently, within the last two weeks, received a few tanks. before that i had a couple Goblin Minis, which i love. Who doesnt? But i rarely used them cuz, dripper…

As you can see from the post it took awhile to get to me as there was a mix up and they were out of stock on the top airflow piece. Once they sent it it took 3 freaking days from China to Wisconsin, WTF? Are these guys magik or something?

Build - Dual coil 26g 316L 3mm @ .3ohms
Wattage range - 35-75
Juice - Simple Custard 0mg 90.5% VG

Tank itself:

Pros:
Nice and big build deck
Fantastic airflow
Good flavor (compared to my current RDAs)
Did i mention the build deck? Its pretty big…
Well machined and no obvious oil smell
Comes with spare parts bag and 510 DT reducer
Top fill

Cons:
The huge build deck leads to little room between the inner barrel and the glass. This causes some issues with high VG liquids if you dont have it wicked properly
Original top piece that you need to remove to fill isnt textured and for my old man hands it is difficult to remove.
This thing drinks the juice, vaped it dry in less than an hour @ 35w

Top airflow gizmo:

Pros:
It is textured for easy gripping when removing to fill it.
Vaping at highest wattage, for me that is 75w, it really cools the vape down well.

Cons:
Airflow mechanism spins quite easily
Adds a bit of noise to the device

Do i like the tank? I do, i just wish they wouldnt have made the build space so big as to slow the rate of juice flow. Even at 35w i can dry hit this thing vaping as i normally do with this juice, which is my main ADV. Perhaps my wicking is off just a bit, i did say that i am a tank newb.

Thanks for the tank, @Heaven_Gifts! The incredibly quick shipping has be looking at your website for items i need.

3 Likes

What do you mean by noise?

1 Like

If the top airflow is wide open it whistles a bit.

gotcha. that’s not a pretty sound

Nope, but closing it even slightly eliminates it and it really does help cool down the vape. For someone vaping at high wattage it would be perfect.

little tweaks :thumbsup:

Alrighty, after vaping on this thing for awhile ive made some changes and now im in like with it.

I mixed up a batch of my ADV @ 70/30. This help with the juice flow issue.

I rewicked with the cotton at the top of the juice channels with just a little of the cotton sitting in the channel.

Dayum this thing really drinks the juice, i had to put away the glass dropper bottles and put some liquid in Unicorn bottles for easier and quicker filling.

That is all.

3 Likes