Help fixing a nasty commercial flavor

I have 3 commercial flavors I bought, which I absolutely hate. They’re all 60ml bottles with only about 3mls gone from them due to my trying them. Each cost over $20!
What can I do so as not to waste them? Can they be fixed and made to taste better? I will list them but I doubt anyone will recognize them, as they are made by a local shop. They are:
Source Select “Steamboat”
Source Select "Silk & Steam
SUB “RWB” (raspberry, white grape, blueberry)
Any suggestions? Ty!

5 Likes

I do not know since I’ve generally found that if I really hate a flavour, nothing I’ve done has made it much better because that flavour I hate is still going to be underneath everything you try to cover it with.

But there’s some very nerdy juice-nerds here: they’ll no doubt have some tips or tricks or, something :smirk:

Neck deep in em :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Cyndi What is the flavor profile for each juice?

4 Likes

Here they come :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

You can join that group also, as evidenced by your DW thread. If that’s not nerdy I don’t know what is.

10 Likes

No earthly idea, as the company will not share its recipe. I was told only that the 2 Source Select juices were peach based. And of course the SUB brand juice is RWB which is raspberry, white grape and blueberry. They are all 3mg nic and 70/30 vg/pg.

4 Likes

I do have vg, pg, nic about 75 flavor concentrates, as I started DIY a few weeks ago. These nasties are juices I bought right before I began DIY. They’re largely WHY I began DIY. Sick of buying juices and hating them! My local shop ONLY sells 60ml. Ugh. I’ll never go back to buying commercial juice! And that kills my soul because I’m all about brick & mortar. But I’m also all about keeping money in my own bank account AND have juices that taste good!

6 Likes

So really, you just need to know which flavours might mute or neutralize the flavours that suck in the juices that suck…

Somebody will be have an idea which concentrates can kill-out those basic flavours Im sure.

5 Likes

i have the same issue, but i was gifted them, certainly for that reason.

not being anything close to as good as the folks here are, the only thing i can think of that perhaps could work is

wait for it

menthol. and perhaps thinning them. perhaps some sweetener(nah)

7 Likes

A tiny amount of citric acid.

Like a few grains in a 60mL bottle.

Here they all come…

@Cyndi, much like possums, they’ve gotta sniff around the new folk a bit before they approach, then once they DO they never leave :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If it were not for juice nerds…there wouldn’t be any juice!?

5 Likes

There would still be plenty of juice.

It just would probably taste more like OPs unvapable mixes :smirk:

Though there also wouldn’t be Killer Custard :exploding_head:

3 Likes

@Cyndi…, could u post a pic of the bottles?.. along with a link to ur flavor stash please?.. maybe there’s some more help going that route…

4 Likes

so you think that most 'palatable ’ juice is produced by professional Flavourists trained at universities then? Or nerds who made decent juice who started commercial juice companies? Or another alternative I haven’t thought of?

5 Likes

I think most of the big commercial juice makers have a team of professional flavourists who collaborate with R & D departments on market research to determine exactly which flavours people will like, then have qualified chemists who know exactly how much of what in a mix will most efficiently produce a given flavour for a mass market at the lowest possible cost to the company.

Then another department would be required to handle the logistics of getting those formulas turned into a product for worldwide distribution in packaging their designers carefully create to make all those juices look like they were made by some guy in his back shed.

I also think, that these large juice makers - being owned by corporations - have access to a huge amount of information shared between their smaller companies regarding cutting-edge science and flavour technologies that doesn’t make it to the DIY crowd until they’ve already devised, invented and implemented that technology to make mega-bucks that fund MORE cutting edge development and by the time those technologies trickle-down to us it’s already old and they’re already many steps ahead of any of us,

6 Likes

As for the link to my flavor stash, I’m poking around trying to figure out how to do that. I pretty new, so that might take a good bit of time without direction.

4 Likes

go in your stash. click “link to public staash” = copy& paste the addy. paste it here.

:: Other people’s stash e-Liquid Calculator (e-liquid-recipes.com)

4 Likes

I think I got it. :hot_face: Wow I had a few more flavors than I realized! 112!

4 Likes

I THINK that worked. I mean SOMETHING copied and pasted. lol

4 Likes

Might try pulling off a few mls of the berry grape and add 2% angel cake. Give it a few days before tasting and see what it brings to the table.

5 Likes