HELP! I'm upgrading this week, BATTERIES/RTA/RDA MODS THE LOT!

Check out the billow?

2 Likes

:+1: on the Billow!

1 Like

Ok soā€¦ Stick with the istick for learning to build? As its tried and tested or go with the m-80 cos its high wattage and can handle learning to build and simple drippers which I can pick up cheap when Iā€™m ready? @Anias218

Learn how to build simple coils on the sub tank mini and have the option of coil heads when I donā€™t have time to build and also buy the billow to learn dual coil? Im thinking to buy two rbta and possibly 1 dripper my max money for batteries is Ā£80 $120 and get max usage from the battery a good tank or dripper Iā€™m happy to spend the money but would like easy of use.

Anyone got advice on beginner cottons? Wires for these tanks and jigs? I think theyā€™re calledā€¦
what tools do I need?
Plan to place a big vape mail tomorrow with everything I need

Thanks @Jimk @SthrnMixer @MixedUp1 @quitter1

1 Like

Search Kuro coiler for a jig . Organic Japanese cotton pads are easiest to use ā€¦I find anyhow . I canā€™t say anything about the sub tank as Iā€™ve never used one . Like I said before if you want to save money the aqua v2 is about 30 bucks on fasttech for a OEM ( made in the same factory ) qualiy . Itā€™s a dual coil Rta and Rda in one and is actually a great tank and dripper you canā€™t go wrong with . Istick 50 is a great box and I hear good things about the m80 ā€¦5 dollar difference on Fasttech.

1 Like

Would it be wrong for me to buy this just for the sake of it http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281645356914

So subtank mini is essential for everyday use and I can do some learning on it.

M80 or istick mini ? The money isnā€™t an issue what will I get better use from and is gonna do me longer when learning builds
If I got that bundle of EBAY I could skip the istick? Iā€™d have wire and cotton And the m80 could cope with everything in that bundle ?

The Aqua v2 over the billow and the Lemo? I can see why as it has that dripper option.

I started with 32 and 30ga A1 Kanthal and mesh when I was building genesis style atomizers. Drippers and kayfun style atomizers eventually happened and so came 28ga and lower. Iā€™d say start with 28ga kanthal. As far as tools go, a set of jewelers screwdrivers, small scissors, tweezers (ceramic tips if possible) and fingernail clippers. Most importantly, please get yourself an ohm meter on which you can screw your atomizers for testing your coils!

1 Like

If money is not an issue get it all !!

1 Like

Itā€™s pretty where did you get yours? Price?

Is the EBAY bundle a steal? How much would you say it was worth? Just roughly?

Iā€™d say itā€™s worth it if that the kind of gear you are looking for . Most of the tanks I probably wouldnā€™t use aside from the nautilus with a bvc coil in it . Check pricing elsewhere and compare ā€¦maybe Jim would know better ā€¦Iā€™m a novice myself !

Thatā€™s an ohm meter pic I pulled off the web, but mine looks exactly like it. Cost? Well, anywhere from $6 to $30 depending the style and where you buy it.

Aye its malt the drippers and the accessories im interested in plus a cheeky ipv mini 30. Itā€™s currently sat at the price of two of them for the whole bundle

@LoganMcguire; the eBay purchase would be a double edge sword; youā€™d be purchasing used items at bargain prices. Thereā€™s $40 worth of RDAā€™s there, but are you getting everything that came with the atomizer originally (spare stuff that comes with a new atty)? Iā€™m kinda particular when it comes to my vape gear; I wanna be the only person whoā€™s touched it after it came off the production line.

So what would you recommend @Jimk ?

Ditch the EBAY and just go all out new and get a few things?

And all the tools you said?

Thereā€™s so much to chose from and I just want it all haha

1 Like

I really donā€™t mean to be a total Debby Downer on the eBay sale. Who am I to say all that equipment isnā€™t in great shape. But with eBay: Buyer Beware. Know what I mean?

Iā€™m one of those vapers that researches the living crap out of every product I buy. I have learned the hard way not to jump off the cliff with the rest of the lemmings. Some folks are first adopters; Iā€™m not in that category. Too safe? Maybe, but Iā€™ve saved throwing a bunch of money in the garbage by being patient.

2 Likes

Part of the fun in this hobby is being able to buy exactly what will make you happy.

2 Likes

If ur gonna spend the $ and ur patient (Ha-ha good luck )then you should buy ur own new gear learning on someoneā€™s used gear is not always a great experience. Just a thought??

2 Likes

I agree with these guys . Buy new stuff and do your own research . Sure youā€™ll get a lot of stuff in that deal but do you need it all ā€¦prob not

3 Likes

Ok so after lots of youtubing and review reading I think Iā€™m placing an order forā€¦

Istick 50w (to learn my first few builds and in a couple of months either prices of higher variables will be down or there will be better on the market)

Kanger subtank mini for everyday use

Aqua v2 to learn my builds for dripping and rta
Kanthal in 24,26,28
Japanese organic cotton balls and string
Ohm reader
Micro screwdrivers
Flat pliers
Scissors
Clippers
Is a jig necessary ?

@Jimk @quitter1 @MixedUp1
What do you guys think?
Good path to take?
Sorry for asking and asking haha

I donā€™t know much about the M-80. When I bought mine I knew I only wanted to buy one mod & stick with it for quite awhile. So wanted one that I could do it all with & that was gonna be dependable. I did a lot of research & watched reviews & decided on the sigelei 100. Iā€™m glad I did, have had zero problems with it & it just works great. I also really like to be able to change the batteries out, say I forget to charge it one night itā€™s not a big deal I can just throw a fresh pair of batteries in and Iā€™m good for the day. And the other pair can charge during that time. So itā€™s kinda up to your budget, are you fine with buying a mod now & maybe upgrading a little later or like me & just only want one that youā€™ll stick withā€¦

1 Like