HELP! I'm upgrading this week, BATTERIES/RTA/RDA MODS THE LOT!

So tell us how the m80 is treating you ?

2 Likes

Iā€™m kinda curious myself. Iā€™ve been looking hard at the M80 for a first time VW mod. Of course, thereā€™s the Kanger K Box I could throw $25 at for grins, but $25 more could get me an M80 with more wattage??? Hmmmmm, whatever it is, I want to feel like itā€™s worth my hard earned money.

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard nothing about the Kboxā€¦mixed reviews about m80,mostly because of the bogus temp control which to be honest I donā€™t care about . Itā€™s just a great deal for a 80 watt box ! If it performs solid for reg use then itā€™s a steal .

Hey @Jimk @MixedUp1

Iā€™ve been lying low these past few days, the bank holiday/birthday weekend pulled the liver right out of meā€¦ Then put them back in and kicked the shit out of them haaga ha :joy::joy:

Soooo the smok m-80 where do I startā€¦

ITS FRICKEN AMAZING!

The mother sucker gets 3 thumbs up :+1::+1::+1:

Got 24 hours use straigh out the box and I had her chuckin like a beast! :triumph::dash::dash::dash::dash:

Has a puff counter that hit 500 in the first 24hours which was mainly between 24-40w mainly because My poor wee atlantisā€™s coils couldnā€™t really handle above 30w but the m-80 wow!!!

The boy in the shop had told me before I used it to jump online and plug it in for the update to fix its firmware there was originally issues with the temp control.

So I went against him and tested it before I updated
:speak_no_evil:
200o wasnā€™t much different to 400o

Then updated (literally took less than 10mins I didnā€™t even notice it was done)
The difference was unbelievable!

I hate cold pizzaā€¦

Now I would say itā€™s the same for vaping with certain flavoursā€¦ For instance Mr goodvapeā€™s moon sugarā€¦

Not a big fan of the cakes or savoury flavoured vapes.

Tried it at 400o and 24.6w coil reading at .56ohms Atlantis air hole wide open and I swear to god I was eating freshly made cookies right out the oven.
:cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:
Delicious :ok_hand:

What else can I tell you about the m-80?!

Wattage control is perfect temp control from my little knowledge is now fine, voltage works great also itā€™s got a 24 hour puff counter that you can set a max on if wanted.

My main issue is thisā€¦

I would like to be able to set a memory of my fav settings. I watched a rip trippers where he had 5 settings on a device unfortunately to my knowledge this doesnt happen on an m80

Or even a setting to lock the desired settings instead when I click it x5 it locks to not Fire. Just shows the time and date which is cool I spose.

I wish the charger wasnā€™t at the bottom but itā€™s not that big a deal. So far no rattle and tanks fit and look nice

Itā€™s a comfortable grip even for my lil bitch hands too.

Definitely a happy chappy

I paid Ā£65 which is a steal I would say!

In other newsā€¦

My subtank mini came today as well as everything else but my lemo drop and my kanthal, I managed to fight temptation till the drop comes so I can spend my evening taking pictures and maybe even do some unboxings and reviews. Iā€™m a little scared though. What if Iā€™m camera shy?

What do you think @Robthevaper ? Bite the bullet and let the Internet decide?

3 Likes

Happy for ya man ā€¦I got one in the mail ā€¦should be here next year lol. So you upgraded to v6 of the software, what differences did you find ?

Glad youā€™re happy with your new toys! Iā€™m still doing research on a VW mod, so Iā€™m very interested in what people have to say about their devices.

I have
Sigelei 150w
Ipv mini 70w
Sigelei 30w
Sigelei 30w
Istick 20w
Istick 20w
Istick 20w
The ipv70w and sigelei 30w both have the 5 memory settings
The sigeleiā€™s r my favsā€¦ the build quality and feel r great and they perform the best + they come w a silicone case that makes them feel awesome!!!

1 Like

Iā€™ve been watching a bazillion VW reviews online! Hanging around the 50 to 80 watt range seems the way to go. A lot of the well known reviewers always get to the point of saying something like, " I donā€™t need all those watts cause I usually never go above 50 or 60 watts." So, thatā€™s my bump in the road right now; getting a VW mod that has a lot of good features, good reviews and enough wattage to do what I want it to do. There is a dizzying array of mods out there! Plus, now the feature of temp control for using nickel wire. This sounds like an awesome feature if youā€™re going to be using nickel wire; the device sensing the fact that the coil is heating up too fast because the wick doesnā€™t have enough juice on itā€¦brilliant. Way less chances of dry hits! Leave it to Grimm Green to explain it all to you. Love that guy.

Anyway, Iā€™m watching the evolution of VW and now temp control mods to see where itā€™s going. Itā€™s all very exciting.

1 Like

I honestly rarely get dry hits to begin with so temp control is only mildly intriguing to me . My istick 50 does everything I need it too ā€¦I honestly rarely kick it up to 50 watts . I ordered the m80 cause itā€™s pretty well the same price as an istick with 30 more watts if I ever need them . If in the future all the kinks get sorted out of the temp control I may buy one but for now Iā€™m happy with just reg vw mods .

1 Like

I say Iā€™m satisfied with my vw , and a few weeks later I pull the trigger on the vapor flask clone v3 Also I apologize the YouTube reviews I saw were for the Kanxin version .

2 Likes

Having a proper go at my Lemo which is pretty unused
That enough or too little? @MixedUp1

I think itā€™s right no dry itā€™s yet

@MixedUp1 I take it back thereā€™s crackling after a draw whatā€™s that mean again?

All you need is enough to reach the juice channel without blocking it need to be slightly snug in the coil.

1 Like

Either to little or too much wick ā€¦you want to pull the wick through the coil and have just enough resistance that the cotton doesnā€™t bunch up but not so little that it just slides through no problem

1 Like

Cheers guys il empty the tank and start again

Check this Pixxie @LoganMcguire

Itā€™s a 28g/32g Clapton with Parallel 28g on a 3mm rod with 4 wraps per coil at .27ohms.

Simply wow!

J

ok out comes my build box haha. your gonna have me up till 3 trying to smash these bad boys out, hope the misses doesnā€™t wake up to my drill haha @Jondamon

Lol.

Iā€™m always in the same boat lol.

Either shhh youā€™ll wake the kids or shhh Iā€™m trying to sleep. Lol.

Build it. Build it. Build it. Lol.

J

1 Like

If you build it, they will comeā€¦

1 Like